Who Created The Supernatual Realm.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2015, 10:14 AM
RE: Who Created The Supernatual Realm.
(09-11-2015 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 07:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  Of course, there is no evidence of either. Drinking Beverage

Well, lets see..

Kalam
Consciousness
Ontological
Design
Morality
Historicity of Jesus

Plus Alvin Plantiga's "Two Dozen or so Theistic arguments" which may or may not include the one's mentioned above.

Yet, there is no evidence? Laugh out load

Those are (flawed) arguments, not evidence. You don't seem to understand what evidence actually is.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-11-2015, 10:16 AM
(09-11-2015 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Well, lets see..

Kalam

Special pleading.
(and scientifically illiterate)

(09-11-2015 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Consciousness

Special pleading.

(09-11-2015 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Ontological

Special pleading.

(09-11-2015 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Design

Special pleading.

(09-11-2015 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Morality

Special pleading.

(09-11-2015 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Historicity of Jesus

Special pleading.
(and historically illiterate)

(09-11-2015 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Plus Alvin Plantiga's "Two Dozen or so Theistic arguments" which may or may not include the one's mentioned above.

Special pleading is not evidence. It's either adorable or incredibly pathetic that you can't tell the difference.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
09-11-2015, 10:34 AM
(09-11-2015 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 07:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  Of course, there is no evidence of either. Drinking Beverage

Well, lets see..

Kalam
Consciousness
Ontological
Design
Morality
Historicity of Jesus

Plus Alvin Plantiga's "Two Dozen or so Theistic arguments" which may or may not include the one's mentioned above.

And again...... t'aint evidence. It is proof of the mental gymnastics theists use to turn non-evidence into evidence though.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-11-2015, 11:12 AM
(09-11-2015 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Well, lets see..

Kalam
Consciousness
Ontological
Design
Morality
Historicity of Jesus

[Image: paperclip_zpsdvfh7xwv.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
09-11-2015, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 04:29 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(09-11-2015 10:08 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Consciousness

Scientifically illiterate.
Your consciousness is 100 % dependent on a funtioning brain.

See David Eagleman's current series on PBS.
(BTW, it also proves you have no "free will", in the classical moral sense.)

Too bad. You lose again.

If no one has already said it, the Greeks invented the "supernatural" realm ... known as "dualism". Of course it's all bullshit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-11-2015, 12:13 PM
(09-11-2015 11:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If no one has already said it, the Greeks invented the "supernatural" realm ... known as [strike]"dulaism"[/strike]"dualism." Of course it's all bullshit.

Fixed it. Can I try?

Science is concerned with the physical world, so evidence is going to be physical in nature. It will either be a physical object or will describe a physical process; the object(s), the process and/or the results of the process can all be observed and measured. Further, these measurements can be predicted; if the process results in measurements that do not match the prediction, the discrepancy must be resolved.

*That* is evidence.
09-11-2015, 12:26 PM
(09-11-2015 10:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  Those are (flawed) arguments, not evidence.

They are about as flawed as the scientific methodology you (and others) use for the evidence of evolution and/or naturalism.

(09-11-2015 10:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  You don't seem to understand what evidence actually is.

"Evidence" can be subjective. All I know is, those arguments, in my opinion, are valid/sound...and I am convinced. Now, the arguments are obviously not good enough for you...but hey, can't please everyone.
09-11-2015, 01:23 PM
(09-11-2015 12:26 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 10:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  Those are (flawed) arguments, not evidence.

They are about as flawed as the scientific methodology you (and others) use for the evidence of evolution and/or naturalism.

No, actually we have evidence.

You, do not.

Now fuck off.

(09-11-2015 12:26 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 10:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  You don't seem to understand what evidence actually is.

"Evidence" can be subjective.

What people consider evidence? Sure, it's subjective, and not all evidence is created equal. But evolution is supported by mountains of objective facts and independently verifiable evidence, the very best kind of evidence.

Just because you consider assertions evidence, doesn't make them evidence; let alone anything on par with what science relies upon.

(09-11-2015 12:26 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  All I know is, those arguments, in my opinion, are valid/sound...and I am convinced. Now, the arguments are obviously not good enough for you...but hey, can't please everyone.

Yep, just because you're too stupid, ignorant, and credulous to deal with reality doesn't mean we need to accept your assertions.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-11-2015, 04:33 PM
(09-11-2015 12:26 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  They are about as flawed as the scientific methodology you (and others) use for the evidence of evolution and/or naturalism.

They are not even remotely similar. Your statement proves you have no knowledge of either sets.

Quote:"Evidence" can be subjective. All I know is, those arguments, in my opinion, are valid/sound...and I am convinced. Now, the arguments are obviously not good enough for you...but hey, can't please everyone.

The arguments are all flawed, and have been debunked a million times. There are no "arguments" for a god or the supernatural. Your statments also reflect a profound ignorance of religious FAITH.
You don't need FAITH for that which has evidence. I see you think you can do without FAITH. You're not even a real theist.

How bizarre.
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-11-2015, 04:35 PM
(14-02-2015 10:57 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Ronald McDonald?

Confused

NO! Col Sanders. Smartass

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.