Who Created The Supernatual Realm.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2015, 05:25 PM
RE: Who Created The Supernatual Realm.
I will respect you more if you talk TO me, instead of AT me. But I will address your nonsense one last time...and after this you can crawl back into whatever hole you came out of because remember...you were the one that quoted ME first.

(18-12-2015 04:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm not going to bother quoting all of CotW's bullshit

Good, because you should expect an intellectual ass whoopin every single time.

(18-12-2015 04:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  1. An honest "I don't know" is not only good enough, it beats the shit out of making stuff up because you just have to have all the answers.

It isn't that I have all the answers..it is just that the answers that I have are the correct ones Laugh out load

(18-12-2015 04:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  2. When I, or CotW, or anyone else, talks about the origin of life, it goes without saying that we are talking about the origin of physical biological life.

You can talk about physical biological life all you want, but that is what began to exist, thus requiring an external explanation for its origins (kinda like the kalam of biology). That is why I made the statement about God, because I am SMART enough to know that if physical life began to exist, then whatever gave it its beginning could not itself be physical..

Unless you can take your ass into a lab and explain how life originated from nonliving material....but we already know you can't do that.

(18-12-2015 04:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Only an idiot or a dishonest troll would need that explicitly spelled out. When CotW says "inanimate matter coming to life" -- he obviously is not including God in his definition of "life".

No shit. My point was, either give a natural explanation as to how life originated from nonlife, or make God as part of the explanations regarding its occurrence. Plain and simple.

(18-12-2015 04:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  No apologist would claim that God came from inanimate matter.

Neither would any human being with common sense that doesn't have an ax to grind.

(18-12-2015 04:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  But life (physical biological life) manifestly did come from inanimate matter. This is not in question.

Yeah, the matter was inanimate, but the hand at which gave the inanimate matter its "life" was not only living, but will never die.

(18-12-2015 04:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  3. I'm not leaving God out because he's "not an option" or because I can't stand the sight of the "G" word. In fact, I'm not leaving God out at all. I will admit God as one possible hypothesis for the origin of life. But I am not assuming that he is the only option, especially when there is not one shred of evidence for his existence. For me, it's an open question. I DON'T KNOW. This has nothing to do with intellectual laziness and everything to do with intellectual honesty. I'm not the one with a closed mind here.

Either God did it, or nature did it. Cut the bullshit. When you say "I don't know", that brings forth the slightest possibility that nature (a mindless, blind process) could have pulled off such amazing stunts.

It should be a no freakin brainer (no pun intended). Just look at the human body. If you are willing to give the slightness nod to a mindless and blind process being able to successfully create that kind of complexity, then you, in your apparent agnosticism, is no better than the atheist.

And on Christianity, there will be no distinction between the atheist and the agnostic on judgement day.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2015, 05:39 PM
(18-12-2015 05:25 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Unless you can take your ass into a lab and explain how life originated from nonliving material....but we already know you can't do that.

Can you take your ass into a lab and demonstrate God creating life? No, of course you can't. Neither of us can demonstrate the origin of life. Neither of us can claim to "know" exactly what happened. I am honestly admitting that I don't know. You are making shit up (or worse yet, uncritically accepting someone else's fairy tale).

Quote:Either God did it, or nature did it. Cut the bullshit. When you say "I don't know", that brings forth the slightest possibility that nature (a mindless, blind process) could have pulled off such amazing stunts.

"Nature did it" is nonsensical. I'm not convinced that anyone or anything "did it". It is something that happened. The cause (if there was a cause at all) is unknown. And unless "you were there", it's just as unknown to you as it is to me. You are arrogantly pretending to know the answer, but you're full of shit. Nobody knows the answer.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
18-12-2015, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2015 11:07 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-12-2015 05:25 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Good, because you should expect an intellectual ass whoopin every single time.

Surely not by you. You can't POSSIBLY think you are capable of that. You can't even answer any question here. You are a arrogant ignoramus.

STILL waiting for evidence of disembodied consciousness.

Your bullshit about judgement day is nonsense. Is your god SO completely stupid it would not know people, who honestly don't believe, say they do ?

God didn't "always" exist, dumbass. If that is true, who created the dimension of time he "always" existed in ? In fact that is a meaningless statement. You have never even actually THOUGHT about the crap you spout.

But thanks for stating yet again, that all your god is to you, is a "gap filler" place-holder, in lieu of a better explanation.

I realize you are a ''simple" person, and need two options only, as that's all your brain can handle, but there are many possible pathways.
There also is no absolute boundary between life and non-life (viruses). I know that's news to your simple mind, but it's a fact.
Here's one possible pathway, Mr. Asswhooper. If you disagree with it, you tell us what's wrong with the chemistry.
Or didn't they teach you that at your one hour seminar in Apologetics that made you think you're up to this ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-12-2015, 10:18 PM
(18-12-2015 05:00 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(17-12-2015 05:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  Because it was gobbledygook.

Ohhh, maybe I should have said it in ways that you'd understand...meowwwww.

(17-12-2015 05:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  Where did water get that property? It does not exist in the constituent parts.

But the parts together is what makes the water. See, that is actual science. It is chemistry. We can go in a lab and demonstrate it. Now go in a lab and demonstrate how consciousness could have arisen naturally.

As a matter of fact, just explain to me how, if you have a fully formed brain, you can plug consiousness into the brain. Explain to me how a brain could go from non-thoughts, to thoughts.

Can you do that?

(17-12-2015 05:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  Pro tip: The wetness is an emergent property. It is the water that is wet, all on its own.

Ok...

Wetness is an emergent property when you create water....

and..

Consciousness is an emergent property when you create ___________

Now fill in the blank..

And if you fill in the blank with "brain", I will ask you, if you were a scientist with all of the brain matter in the world at your disposal and you shaped and formed a perfect human brain...how would you get consciousness in there?

Please answer this direct question, sir.

(17-12-2015 05:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, we have evidence that evolution is true. There is no evidence for any gods.

Again, what evidence? Laugh out load

(17-12-2015 05:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, I am relying on the evidence produced by neuroscience.

Again, what evidence? Laugh out load

(17-12-2015 05:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  Actually, it is the only reliable source of knowledge.

Can you scientifically prove that the Nazi's were morally wrong for their tyranny in WWII?

(17-12-2015 05:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  Define life.

the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.

(17-12-2015 05:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  Show the dividing line between non-life and life.

I can't do that any more than you can show the dividing line between consciousness and unconsciousness.

(17-12-2015 05:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  Are viruses alive? Prions?

Perhaps, maybe.

You are no longer worth conversing with. You have proven beyond all doubt that you are a shallow and simplistic thinker incapable of dealing with complex,
uncertain, or ambiguous issues. You demand simple answers to complex issues and seem unable to even see that an issue is complex.

You continually demand evidence when you have been repeatedly pointed to it. You refuse to acknowledge that, you refuse to even look at it.

Your presence here only embarrasses you, but you are so self-unaware you can't see that. You are ignorant and arrogant in your ignorance.

Go read a real science book.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-12-2015, 10:31 PM
(18-12-2015 05:25 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  And on Christianity, there will be no distinction between the atheist and the agnostic on judgement day.

so never

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
19-12-2015, 11:50 AM
(18-12-2015 05:25 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I will respect you more if you talk TO me, instead of AT me.

I'm sure Grasshopper would rather you don't.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-12-2015, 06:41 PM
(18-12-2015 05:39 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Can you take your ass into a lab and demonstrate God creating life?

No, but then again my belief isn't the scientific one now, is it?

(18-12-2015 05:39 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  No, of course you can't. Neither of us can demonstrate the origin of life.

Apparently, nature did...but of course, conveniently, no one was around to see it do it.

(18-12-2015 05:39 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Neither of us can claim to "know" exactly what happened. I am honestly admitting that I don't know.

"I don't know, a mindless and blind process just may have done it. We just don't know".

(18-12-2015 05:39 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  "Nature did it" is nonsensical. I'm not convinced that anyone or anything "did it". It is something that happened.

If it happened, it either happened naturally, or supernaturally. You sound like a damn fool, bro. And on that note, I don't even need to waste anymore time responding to that kind of nonsense or any other nonsense you have to spew.
22-12-2015, 01:31 AM
(21-12-2015 06:41 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  If it happened, it either happened naturally, or supernaturally. You sound like a damn fool, bro. And on that note, I don't even need to waste anymore time responding to that kind of nonsense or any other nonsense you have to spew.

You're not exactly one to be talking about spewing nonsense,
Mr. Nonsense-Spewer-In-Chief.
This entire thread is nothing but you spewing nonsense. You're obviously from the junior varsity apologetics team. Can't your Jebus at least send in the B squad ?

Someone who says ANYTHING "happens" *supernaturally* with no evidence is spewing nonsense.

You have no evidence.

Still waiting for evidence of "disembodied consciousness" which you claimed you had.
You weren't lying, were you ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-12-2015, 02:30 AM
(21-12-2015 06:41 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  No, but then again my belief isn't the scientific one now, is it?

That is correct

(21-12-2015 06:41 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Apparently, nature did...but of course, conveniently, no one was around to see it do it.

Well it is not like humans were supposed to exist. And besides eyewitness testimony is the worst kind of evidence. We are better off with what we have now than just going back and watching with no other evidence.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-12-2015, 08:31 AM
(21-12-2015 06:41 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(18-12-2015 05:39 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Can you take your ass into a lab and demonstrate God creating life?

No, but then again my belief isn't the scientific one now, is it?

(18-12-2015 05:39 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  No, of course you can't. Neither of us can demonstrate the origin of life.

Apparently, nature did...but of course, conveniently, no one was around to see it do it.

(18-12-2015 05:39 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Neither of us can claim to "know" exactly what happened. I am honestly admitting that I don't know.

"I don't know, a mindless and blind process just may have done it. We just don't know".

(18-12-2015 05:39 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  "Nature did it" is nonsensical. I'm not convinced that anyone or anything "did it". It is something that happened.

If it happened, it either happened naturally, or supernaturally. You sound like a damn fool, bro. And on that note, I don't even need to waste anymore time responding to that kind of nonsense or any other nonsense you have to spew.

I don't see a single rational argument here. All you can do is trash talk, and you're not even very good at that. Yawn...
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post