Who Created The Supernatual Realm.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2016, 10:09 AM
RE: Who Created The Supernatual Realm.
(28-01-2016 09:28 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You wanna get to the truth? John 14:6. Wipe the dust off of your Bible and read that verse. Nothing is closer to the truth.

Because an ancient book of myths says so? You have no real thinking skills.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-01-2016, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2016 12:00 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-01-2016 09:28 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Something only someone who is losing would say.

More arrogant bragging from the Jebus freak who can't even begin to answer important questions.

Jesus never held "debates".
Why would you ever, in a million years, think that trying to convince anyone, in the way you talk, would ever be effective ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-01-2016, 11:10 AM
Alright so Jesus said something, but what are we to think about it. We should accept his proclaimed truth is truth because?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-01-2016, 12:05 PM
(28-01-2016 09:28 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You wanna get to the truth? John 14:6. Wipe the dust off of your Bible and read that verse. Nothing is closer to the truth.

Wipe the dust off your brain, gramps.
Jesus never said that. It reflects a highly developed theology, NOT present when (and if) he was alive.

Isis from Egypt said the same thing, as did Mithras, (which is where the editors of John got it).

But we all know "When in doubt, and you can't really answer anything, just do some Babble quotes".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-01-2016, 01:28 PM
(28-01-2016 09:28 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 09:01 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  My only concern is to get to the truth.

You wanna get to the truth? John 14:6. Wipe the dust off of your Bible and read that verse. Nothing is closer to the truth.

Is this verse in the Bible in accordance with the primacy of existence? If it isn't there's no reason to consider it.

I've already demonstrated that the claims of the Bible in regard to its God can not be true. I don't see where you've refuted any of it.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
28-01-2016, 01:33 PM
(28-01-2016 09:30 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 09:12 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  This is not what I asked. I didn't ask whether or not it is fine to make a distinction between what is real and what is imaginary. This is a fundamental principle of my worldview, the primacy of existence. Your worldview holds the the opposite view of metaphysical primacy, the primacy of consciousness, only you can't hold this view consistently. You have to borrow from my worldview and then discard what you borrow when it comes to claiming your God exists so that you alternate between the POE and the POC as it suits you.

I asked you specifically how we can distinguish between what you call God and something that is merely imaginary. What I'm looking for in your answer is some kind of objective method. By objective I mean in accordance with the primacy of existence principle. That's the principle which states that existence exists independent of anyone's conscious activity such as wishing, feeling, wanting, dreaming, praying, commanding, hoping, fearing, throwing a temper tantrum, etc. You've avoided answering this question twice now and I know why. Really it's your only option, to avoid answering, because the issue of metaphysical primacy spells instant death to your God belief.

Dude, I really have no idea what you are talking about. I just...don't.

Then you don't know your own worldview's most fundamental principles and therefore you have no basis for concluding that it is true. I suggest you educate yourself. But, this is something that you should not look into if your faith is important to you because if you do come to understand it, I predict you will have no choice but to abandon your faith if you are honest. So I wouldn't recommend that you pursue it unless you are fully prepared to lose your faith.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
28-01-2016, 01:35 PM

Well dude this is the same book that says the sun revolves around the earth. I mean this book is as real as sonic the hedgehog Wink

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-01-2016, 01:45 PM
(28-01-2016 10:03 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 09:28 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Again, I don't think you realize the implications of this statement. If sparky is the same entity as your God then clearly your God doesn't exist as anything more than an imaginary construct.

First of all Sparky is not an entity. It is imaginary. It is a projection of the faculty of imagination. So if your God is identical to Sparky, then it is not an entity either but an imaginary construct of the mind.

I've already said and demonstrated the fact that imaginary constructs can reflect reality (or SOON reflect) reality. Your entire argument is based on a false notion that "because it is imaginary, it can't be true".

That is basically what you are saying. That notion is just demonstrably false. It can be demonstrated to be false, yet you keep hanging on to it. Dude, it is FALSE. Ok??

I've never said that we can not imagine things that are true. I can imagine an apple and apples really exist. The apple I am imagining does not exist but I can imagine it because I've seen an actual apple. I haven't seen Sparky the Wonder Unicorn and there's no evidence that such a being really exists. See the difference. There is a reliable method to distinguish and apple from something that is merely imaginary. There is not any method of distinguishing Sparky, or your God, from something that is merely imaginary. This is what you are missing. How can I reliably distinguish what you are calling God from something that is merely imaginary. In other words what objective evidence do you have to support your claim that God is real? And by objective I mean in accordance with the primacy of existence.

28-01-2016, 02:03 PM
(28-01-2016 10:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Because an ancient book of myths says so? You have no real thinking skills.

Can you prove it to be a myth, or is it a myth because you don't like the idea of a Supreme Being telling you what to do and how you should do it.

The latter.
28-01-2016, 02:06 PM
(28-01-2016 01:28 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Is this verse in the Bible in accordance with the primacy of existence?

I still don't get it...

(28-01-2016 01:28 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I've already demonstrated that the claims of the Bible in regard to its God can not be true. I don't see where you've refuted any of it.

If you don't see it, maybe you need thicker glasses.