Who Created The Supernatual Realm.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: Who Created The Supernatual Realm.
(28-01-2016 11:10 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Alright so Jesus said something, but what are we to think about it. We should accept his proclaimed truth is truth because?

Thats the thing, he didn't only say something..but he DID something. Examine the historical evidence for the Resurrection, and if you can't come to Christ after that, then hey, eternal life through Christ just aint for you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2016, 02:08 PM
(28-01-2016 02:03 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 10:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Because an ancient book of myths says so? You have no real thinking skills.

Can you prove it to be a myth, or is it a myth because you don't like the idea of a Supreme Being telling you what to do and how you should do it.

The latter.

He doesn't have to prove anything. YOU make the claim. You get the proof.
You have none, and you know it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-01-2016, 02:14 PM
(28-01-2016 01:35 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well dude this is the same book that says the sun revolves around the earth.

I gave a chapter/verse regarding the "book" of John, and in the "book" of John, no such thing is said.

Try again, good sir Big Grin
28-01-2016, 02:15 PM
Laugh out load
(28-01-2016 02:07 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 11:10 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Alright so Jesus said something, but what are we to think about it. We should accept his proclaimed truth is truth because?

Thats the thing, he didn't only say something..but he DID something. Examine the historical evidence for the Resurrection, and if you can't come to Christ after that, then hey, eternal life through Christ just aint for you.

There is no evidence for the resurrection. IF he had risen, BOTH the Romans and Jews would have gone looking for someone they went to all the trouble to crucify. They never did anything. The entire bullshit of the trial was made up. Never once in all of history, was the Sanhedrin called into session on Passover weekend. Never. The gospels say 500 OTHER zombies rose with him, that the temple curtain was torn, and there was an earthquake and split rocks. No one has ever found the rocks. No Jew ever said a word about the temple curtain. No 500 empty graves were ever documented. No one ever said they saw ghosts in Jerusalem. The earthquake was never recorded. Other than in your book of tales (NT), no one ever said they saw your zombie Jebus.

Guess what ?
There is not a shred of evidence for it.

Not only that, but CHRISTIAN scholars and seminary professors, with FAR FAR more education than you, gramps, (Jesus Seminar etc) have shown there are other ways to understand the "resurrection event".
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...other-look

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-01-2016, 02:21 PM
(28-01-2016 01:45 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I've never said that we can not imagine things that are true.

Okkk.

(28-01-2016 01:45 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  How can I reliably distinguish what you are calling God from something that is merely imaginary. In other words what objective evidence do you have to support your claim that God is real? And by objective I mean in accordance with the primacy of existence.

I will put it to you th is way, scots..the God Hypothesis best explains..

The origin of the universe
The origin of life
The origin of consciousness
The origin of language
The origin of the Christian faith
The existence of moral values

Those are the arguments that I defend, and they are what I offer as my "objective evidence to support the claim that God is real".
28-01-2016, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2016 02:44 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-01-2016 02:21 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 01:45 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I've never said that we can not imagine things that are true.

Okkk.

(28-01-2016 01:45 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  How can I reliably distinguish what you are calling God from something that is merely imaginary. In other words what objective evidence do you have to support your claim that God is real? And by objective I mean in accordance with the primacy of existence.

The origin of life
The origin of language

Those are the arguments that I defend, and they are what I offer as my "objective evidence to support the claim that God is real".

Wrong. It may to you, as you have no education. In fact there are FAR FAR better explanations for all those things on the list, than "Oh, god done did it". In fact the gods are a very very poor explanation for anything. But thanks for telling us your god is a "gap filler" as you *need*, above all, a simplistic explanation, and that religion for you is not about a "relationship" with your god. St. Paul said faith was a gift. If those things prove your god to you, then you have no need for faith, do you ?

All the things on your list have been debunked, time and again.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-01-2016, 03:05 PM
(28-01-2016 02:21 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

Okkk.

The origin of life
The origin of language

All of these arguments commit the fallacy of the stolen concept and are invalid because they make use of logic while denying the primacy of existence principle which logic rests on. Now you've already admitted that you don't understand the issue of primacy so it should be interesting to see you explain why these arguments are compatible with the primacy of existence.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
28-01-2016, 03:09 PM
(28-01-2016 02:06 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 01:28 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Is this verse in the Bible in accordance with the primacy of existence?

I still don't get it...

(28-01-2016 01:28 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I've already demonstrated that the claims of the Bible in regard to its God can not be true. I don't see where you've refuted any of it.

If you don't see it, maybe you need thicker glasses.

Where have you refuted any of the syllogisms that I have presented?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
28-01-2016, 03:15 PM
(28-01-2016 02:03 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 10:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Because an ancient book of myths says so? You have no real thinking skills.

Can you prove it to be a myth, or is it a myth because you don't like the idea of a Supreme Being telling you what to do and how you should do it.

The latter.

Here, right here, you are caught red handed using the primacy of existence principle. So the Bible is true whether Chas likes it or not huh? But according to your worldview, reality conforms to conscious wishes. It affirms this explicitly. So you have thrown your own worldview under the bus. This is too much fun to be legal!

28-01-2016, 04:14 PM
(28-01-2016 02:07 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

I'm not seeing what he did that made him trustworthy of a claim that he is the only way to god. What should make one think that is something for trusting a random guy.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson