Who Created The Supernatual Realm.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2016, 12:41 PM
RE: Who Created The Supernatual Realm.
(02-02-2016 12:33 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 12:25 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Science, philosophy, and mathemathics.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load Laughat Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Aside from the fact that you can't even spell mathematics, you have shown absolutely no understanding of mathematics in any of your posts -- especially the mathematics of infinity.

I am firing off posts in rapid fashion, so forgive me if I happen to misspell a word. I'm sorry if I can't be as perfect as you are, Grasshopper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2016, 12:45 PM
(02-02-2016 12:37 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 12:31 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Taking lessons from agnostic shane?

Who?

(02-02-2016 12:31 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How are the phrase science, philosophy, & mathematics showcasing where proofs are?

They are all tools for knowledge.

(02-02-2016 12:31 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Are things in science certainly proven?

I don't know about science, but as far as philosophy and math is concerned, yeah.

(02-02-2016 12:31 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Does the second law of thermodynamics mean in every situations and scenario this concept applies & that is certain?

It is the case in THIS scenario.

(02-02-2016 12:31 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Does it? Does the same go for the increase of entropy?

Yeah.

(02-02-2016 12:31 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  There still isn't anything here based on something proven. It's based on systems as they are currently scene in specific scenarios and attempting to apply these rules universally when there isn't an absolute positive claim that they function that way, which is why there is no proof they function that way.

Taxi cab fallacy. Sure, ride the "science taxi cab" anywhere you want, but once the science taxi cab is arriving at this particular location (Theism Avenue), now all of a sudden you don't want to ride in the taxi cab any longer.

Now you want to call into question where the taxi cab is going. Bullshit.

You think things in philosophy are proven? That's a horrible miscalculated concept, parts of philosophy constantly are diametrically opposed. Which element there is proven when some say induction is accurate and other philosophical truths explain induction being flawed via the concepts of how things in the future may change unexpectedly.

This is the second time in other posts you seem to posit you think I think X particular things without having a clue what that is. So no, I wouldn't be flawed in thinking some only science is pure in this way but not when theism is involved scenario. Science isn't a certain proof in any case, that's part of it's charm is that it doesn't even need to claim to be. It's theists who claim to have actual certain knowledge like you are saying you think science proves for your flawed assertions. You actually stopped responding to those other posts for some reason too, because it's silly when you just assume things about people without any context to why you would generalize them in such a way.

You understanding of these points you brought up is just wrong anyway, the 2nd law of thermodynamics directly isn't applied to any possible system or scenario, that's a significant part of the concept to it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
02-02-2016, 01:03 PM
(02-02-2016 12:41 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 12:33 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load Laughat Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Aside from the fact that you can't even spell mathematics, you have shown absolutely no understanding of mathematics in any of your posts -- especially the mathematics of infinity.

I am firing off posts in rapid fashion, so forgive me if I happen to misspell a word. I'm sorry if I can't be as perfect as you are, Grasshopper.

The remark about spelling was an "oh, by the way" -- not the main point.

In all your posts on this forum, you have never shown any evidence of possessing the slightest understanding of the mathematics of infinity. That was my main point, and I stand by it. You can't claim to base your "proofs" on mathematics when you clearly fail to understand mathematics.

Also, I have never claimed to be perfect. I do, however, have better command of both mathematics and the English language than you do -- even when I'm posting "in rapid fashion".
02-02-2016, 03:03 PM
(02-02-2016 12:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 12:34 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Why not for the Jewish god?

Thats like asking "Why do you chose french fries instead of hash browns". Either way, you are getting potatos.

In other words, The Christian God is the Jewish God.

The Jews NEVER posited a triune deity. NEVER. The Christian god is not the Jewish god. It may have started out that way, but when the theologians and councils were done with it, they had made up an entirely different pile of nonsense called the "trinity". No Jew today buys that crap. You are a liar, COTW. No one is suprised you know nothing about religion or it's history.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-02-2016, 03:41 PM
(02-02-2016 12:30 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 11:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your point? Consider

My point is simple; anyone can have 32,000+ posts if they are only averaging about three sentences per post.

So? What's your point?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2016, 04:06 PM
(02-02-2016 01:03 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  In all your posts on this forum, you have never shown any evidence of possessing the slightest understanding of the mathematics of infinity. That was my main point, and I stand by it.

1. An actual infinite amount of discrete things cannot be "possessed" in reality (or otherwise).
2. An actual infinite amount of discrete points cannot be traversed in reality (or otherwise).
3. Therefore, an actual infinite amount of things cannot exist in reality (or otherwise).

To be honest, the only thing you can do is the same thing you've been doing...and that is sit there, fold your arms, pout, turn red, get angry, have smoke come out your ears, make accusations of ignorance, claim no evidence has been presented, and anything else that comes along with being the stereotypical angry atheist.

Now, take a look at #1 and #2 above. Those premises are true, so the conclusion that follows in #3 is true. There is just simply NOTHING you can do about it but bitch, cry, and complain. You are hopeless against the truth.

You can just bow gracefully to the truth, or you can just continue to bitch, cry, and complain. I really don't give a damn what you do, but the truth is what it is, and there is NOTHING you can do about it. No amount of complaining in the world won't change the fact.

(02-02-2016 01:03 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You can't claim to base your "proofs" on mathematics when you clearly fail to understand mathematics.

So, since you are so smart, and I am so dumb, use mathematics to prove any of those two premises false. Now, you just simply can't do it. So why are you talking?

(02-02-2016 01:03 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Also, I have never claimed to be perfect. I do, however, have better command of both mathematics and the English language than you do -- even when I'm posting "in rapid fashion".

Well, when they start giving out religious forum awards or cutting million dollar checks for "best command of both math & English", I may envy you.

But since they don't, that is an achievement that only a lonely, low expectation having heathen would love.
02-02-2016, 04:12 PM
(02-02-2016 03:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 12:30 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  My point is simple; anyone can have 32,000+ posts if they are only averaging about three sentences per post.

So? What's your point?

No point at all, Chas. Just run along and play somewhere. I am not responding to any more of your "two sentence" nonsense. I will rather waste my energy on posts that, although they may consist of utter nonsense...at least the effort was there.

You, on the other hand, are posting nonsense, but WITHOUT the effort...which is what I am refusing to entertain any longer.
02-02-2016, 04:14 PM
(02-02-2016 04:06 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  1. An actual infinite amount of discrete things cannot be "possessed" in reality (or otherwise).
2. An actual infinite amount of discrete points cannot be traversed in reality (or otherwise).
3. Therefore, an actual infinite amount of things cannot exist in reality (or otherwise).

As has been pointed out, you do not understand infinity. Your "or otherwise" is quite simply wrong.

Completed infinities (actual infinities) abound in mathematics.

You make grandiose claims about things of which you are actually ignorant.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2016, 04:17 PM
(02-02-2016 12:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You think things in philosophy are proven?

Depending on the syllogism.

(02-02-2016 12:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  That's a horrible miscalculated concept, parts of philosophy constantly are diametrically opposed.

I used philosophy as a tool, integrating it with a specific argument that I use.

(02-02-2016 12:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Which element there is proven when some say induction is accurate and other philosophical truths explain induction being flawed via the concepts of how things in the future may change unexpectedly.

Unjustified, and over-analyzed.

(02-02-2016 12:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  This is the second time in other posts you seem to posit you think I think X particular things without having a clue what that is. So no, I wouldn't be flawed in thinking some only science is pure in this way but not when theism is involved scenario. Science isn't a certain proof in any case, that's part of it's charm is that it doesn't even need to claim to be. It's theists who claim to have actual certain knowledge like you are saying you think science proves for your flawed assertions. You actually stopped responding to those other posts for some reason too, because it's silly when you just assume things about people without any context to why you would generalize them in such a way.

Babble.

(02-02-2016 12:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You understanding of these points you brought up is just wrong anyway, the 2nd law of thermodynamics directly isn't applied to any possible system or scenario, that's a significant part of the concept to it.

I disagree.
02-02-2016, 04:23 PM
(02-02-2016 04:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  As has been pointed out, you do not understand infinity. Your "or otherwise" is quite simply wrong.

I guess it is asking too much for you to explain why I "do not understand infinity", and why my "otherwise" is quite simply wrong. I guess because such a response will require more than two fuckin' sentences.

(02-02-2016 04:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  Completed infinities (actual infinities) abound in mathematics.

Um, please explain why my syllogism is logically false.

(02-02-2016 04:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  You make grandiose claims about things of which you are actually ignorant.

I didn't think so. Tell me how my syllogism is logically false, Chas. If you can't do that, then just stfu, will ya??