Who Created The Supernatual Realm.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: Who Created The Supernatual Realm.
(03-02-2016 04:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  They are, in fact, uncountable. But you don't even know what that means because you don't understand the mathematics.
Yet you pretend to. Facepalm

Apparently he is unaware that infinity is not one size fits all. There are an infinite number of infinities of different sizes. Curiously the number of different size infinities is itself countable.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-02-2016, 04:39 PM
(03-02-2016 03:33 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 02:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  Obviously true.

Tell that to him, not me.

(03-02-2016 02:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  By having a sufficiently complex brain. Consciousness is an emergent property of the brain.

So if you had all of the brain matter in the world at your disposal, and you are tasked to create a conscious brain from scratch...and you shape and mold the matter into a brain..where would you get the consciousness??

If you made a sufficiently complex brain you could.

Quote:
(03-02-2016 02:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  You disagree with neuroscientists on that. Thoughts can actually be induced - created - by electrical stimulation and magnetic fields.

I said thoughts aren't physical...meaning they can't be weighed, measured, colored, etc..and they can't.

They are quite physical. They are the patterns of connections and the ongoing electrochemical activity of the brain.

Quote:
(03-02-2016 02:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  Just did.

You said it, you didn't prove it. "Proving" something tends to take one further than just merely "saying" something. Don't know why. Life, I guess.

You asked for an explanation, not a proof. I explained it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-02-2016, 04:53 PM
(03-02-2016 04:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 04:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  They are, in fact, uncountable. But you don't even know what that means because you don't understand the mathematics.

Apparently he is unaware that infinity is not one size fits all. There are an infinite number of infinities of different sizes. Curiously the number of different size infinities is itself countable.

I expect him to call that nonsense in 3...2...1...

03-02-2016, 04:59 PM
(03-02-2016 03:38 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 03:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  Factually incorrect.

Refuses to play the "my sources are better than yours game".

What sources? You haven't been explaining or delivering sources for your claims or sources for what contexts make you believe the particular x things you believe about a scientific, mathematical, or even philosophical idea that you claim to base your ideas on. You haven't answered where you base your understandings of these specific fields from or what your base for understanding them is.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-02-2016, 05:05 PM
(03-02-2016 04:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

This is the kind of shit that makes me fall in love with mathematics all over again every time I think about it.

And poor deluded CotW thinks he understands infinity.

Rolleyes
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
03-02-2016, 06:16 PM
(03-02-2016 04:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 04:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Apparently he is unaware that infinity is not one size fits all. There are an infinite number of infinities of different sizes. Curiously the number of different size infinities is itself countable.

I expect him to call that nonsense in 3...2...1...

Apparently, he does this even when he admits that he doesn't understand your position. This is the flip side of faith. Rejecting an idea before understanding it or the evidence.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
03-02-2016, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2016 06:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-02-2016 06:16 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 04:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  I expect him to call that nonsense in 3...2...1...

Apparently, he does this even when he admits that he doesn't understand your position. This is the flip side of faith. Rejecting an idea before understanding it or the evidence.

If he's not a child he's certainly childlike. Someone here coined Wail_of_the_Child. I'm stealing it. errrr ... I mean "liberating it".

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-02-2016, 06:39 PM
(03-02-2016 06:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 06:16 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Apparently, he does this even when he admits that he doesn't understand your position. This is the flip side of faith. Rejecting an idea before understanding it or the evidence.

If he's not a child he's certainly childlike. Someone here coined Wail_of_the_Child. I'm stealing it. errrr ... I mean "liberating it".

I'm pretty sure that was my coinage. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-02-2016, 07:05 PM
(03-02-2016 06:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 06:16 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Apparently, he does this even when he admits that he doesn't understand your position. This is the flip side of faith. Rejecting an idea before understanding it or the evidence.

Well the Bible says that lest ye be as a child, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
04-02-2016, 01:02 PM
(03-02-2016 04:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  You refuse to admit you are wrong.

Well, when I am wrong, I will take the "admitting im wrong" for a test drive. Until then, no use.

(03-02-2016 04:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  That was a vapid response. You're not even trying.

That one long sentence was more than about four of your two sentenced posts.

(03-02-2016 04:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  They are, in fact, uncountable.

Then you are conceding my point that you would never make it to 2.

Poor, ignorant, soul No

(03-02-2016 04:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  But you don't even know what that means because you don't understand the mathematics.

Quit while you are behind, Chas.