Who Created The Supernatual Realm.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2016, 10:20 AM
RE: Who Created The Supernatual Realm.
(10-02-2016 10:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 10:09 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Actually, according to the evidence, birds evolved from dinosaurs. But a dinosaur didn't give birth to a parakeet. What happened was something very much like a bird came before what we call a bird. Evolution does not work that fast. Each step along the way is a minor change. Would you call archeopteryx a bird or a dinosaur?I'd call it a species of dinosaur which is very bird like and also a bird that is very dinosaur like. In other words, in between a dinosaur and a bird.

Wail_of_the_Child only deals in absolutes. He does not understand complexity, transition, gray areas, and has a morbid fear of the unknown.
And the concept of evidence entirely escapes him.
You're wasting your time.

Probably.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2016, 10:20 AM
(07-02-2016 12:21 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 06:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  Dogs are descended from wolves, you moron.

Wolves are dogs. A wolf is a "kind" of dog. They are within the dog "kind".

What makes it the label of kind via description. Why do you proclaim it is s DOG kind and not a Wolf Kind?

There has been looking at what the bible says and uses the word Kind, then going back just then even in Egypt the study of taxonomy has been shown to have begun in this manner.

Is a "kind" a animals Genus? Family? Order? Or somewhere between those? Or is it higher up on the scale somehow or actually lower to the point of Species themselves? How is the argument of "kind" not easily understood enough by those with this knowledge yet.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-02-2016, 02:09 PM
(10-02-2016 08:45 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 02:24 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  And mammals produce mammals, animals produce animals, life produce life, chemicals produce chemicals. Your point?

And at no point did you say "...reptiles produce birds" Thumbsup

I am giving you a thumbsup for NOT saying that, so please don't make me regret it. And yes, I said "please". Big Grin

Well birds are reptiles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monophyly

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-02-2016, 02:11 PM
(10-02-2016 02:09 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 08:45 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  And at no point did you say "...reptiles produce birds" Thumbsup

I am giving you a thumbsup for NOT saying that, so please don't make me regret it. And yes, I said "please". Big Grin

Well birds are reptiles

That was a foul thing to say.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-02-2016, 02:15 PM
(10-02-2016 02:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 02:09 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well birds are reptiles

Welp ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) '

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-02-2016, 07:56 PM
(10-02-2016 02:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 02:09 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well birds are reptiles

Iguana get you for that. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2016, 09:04 AM
(10-02-2016 09:41 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  *Sigh* Call of the wild dumbs the conversation down to 'Kinds'

It is what it is Cool
11-02-2016, 01:11 PM
(10-02-2016 10:09 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Actually, according to the evidence, birds evolved from dinosaurs.

Bullshit, that isn't according to the evidence, that is according to the theory. Those two are not interchangable No

(10-02-2016 10:09 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  But a dinosaur didn't give birth to a parakeet.

Maybe not in an instance, but that was the end result...and I am saying it didn't happen at all.

(10-02-2016 10:09 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  What happened was something very much like a bird came before what we call a bird. Evolution does not work that fast.

Yeah, it doesn't work that fast. It conveniently takes millions of years, when no one will ever see it happen.

(10-02-2016 10:09 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Each step along the way is a minor change.

According to the theory...

(10-02-2016 10:09 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Would you call archeopteryx a bird or a dinosaur?

I call archeopteryx a prehistoric BIRD that had teeth. Point blank, period.

(10-02-2016 10:09 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  I'd call it a species of dinosaur which is very bird like and also a bird that is very dinosaur like. In other words, in between a dinosaur and a bird.

Do you know why you think that way? Because you are an atheist/naturalist. God doesn't exist, on your view...so for you, evolution is the only game in town. You have to find some way to explain the diversity in life/species...and evolution is all you have. So when you look at archeopteryx, you interpret what it was by using your presuppositions regarding evolution...and that is why you think archeo is a transitional fossil.

Me, on the other hand, I can believe in theistic evolution...so in other words, I can accept evolution while still embracing theism. However, regardless of my view towards theism, I just don't see any evidence for evolution, PERIOD. So no, I don't accept it...and even if I did accept evolution, I'd still be smart enough to conclude that God orchestrated the entire thing.

Evolution, whether true or false, in no way negates the existence of God.
11-02-2016, 01:16 PM
(10-02-2016 10:20 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 12:21 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Wolves are dogs. A wolf is a "kind" of dog. They are within the dog "kind".

What makes it the label of kind via description. Why do you proclaim it is s DOG kind and not a Wolf Kind?

There has been looking at what the bible says and uses the word Kind, then going back just then even in Egypt the study of taxonomy has been shown to have begun in this manner.

Is a "kind" a animals Genus? Family? Order? Or somewhere between those? Or is it higher up on the scale somehow or actually lower to the point of Species themselves? How is the argument of "kind" not easily understood enough by those with this knowledge yet.

I would say "kind" in the context that it is used in the Bible and also by ME when I say "kind"...it can be used in the same sense of "family".
11-02-2016, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 01:55 PM by true scotsman.)
(11-02-2016 01:11 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 10:09 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  What happened was something very much like a bird came before what we call a bird. Evolution does not work that fast.

Yeah, it doesn't work that fast. It conveniently takes millions of years, when no one will ever see it happen.

Or even billions. Whether anyone finds it convenient or not is irrelevant because reality does not conform to our feeling states. It is what it is regardless of what we think about it. A is A whether we like it or not, remember?

On your view, probably because you have no theory of concepts to speak of, if we can't see something, we can't know about it, unless it is your God (special pleading anyone?). This completely disregards the conceptual level of consciousness. This completely disregards reason, which is the conceptual faculty. It's the means by which we Humans can extend our knowledge beyond the perceptual level. It's why we are able to rule out a creator God as a possibility. We do this by looking at reality, identifying and integrating what we perceive into concepts, and integrating concepts to form general principles. This is known as induction. Then we apply those general principles, you know, like the POE, to specific cases and that is called deduction. Conceptualization from perception, induction and deduction are the methods that reason uses to validate knowledge. But you won't find any of this in the Bible. It has nothing to say on these subjects. It leaves the believer in the dark when it comes to epistemology. Why would it when it endorses faith.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post