Who Created The Supernatual Realm.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: Who Created The Supernatual Realm.
(13-02-2016 02:04 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 05:23 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  A theory in science is a set of principles based on and confirmed by evidence. I never said that they were the same. No hypothesis can rise to the level of a theory unless it has a good deal of evidential support.

And what is the evidential support for macroevolution? The fossil record is terrible evidence for evolution and even with DNA, you can't rule out intelligent design. Those are the two main pieces of evidence for your theory, and they both fall flat with in comes to absolutes/truth value.

How did you get from "The fossil record is terrible evidence for evolution and even with DNA" to "You can't rule out intelligent design"?

False Dichotomy. Drinking Beverage

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like diddo97's post
13-02-2016, 03:53 PM
(13-02-2016 03:35 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 02:04 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  And what is the evidential support for macroevolution? The fossil record is terrible evidence for evolution and even with DNA, you can't rule out intelligent design. Those are the two main pieces of evidence for your theory, and they both fall flat with in comes to absolutes/truth value.

How did you get from "The fossil record is terrible evidence for evolution and even with DNA" to "You can't rule out intelligent design"?

Non-sequitur.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-02-2016, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2016 04:07 PM by true scotsman.)
(13-02-2016 03:35 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 02:04 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  And what is the evidential support for macroevolution? The fossil record is terrible evidence for evolution and even with DNA, you can't rule out intelligent design. Those are the two main pieces of evidence for your theory, and they both fall flat with in comes to absolutes/truth value.

Yeah and notice the shifting of the burden of proof here. We are not required to rule out an arbitrary hypothetical in order to claim knowledge. We don't have to rule out the possibility that a super advanced alien race engineered life on Earth because there is no evidence of such a thing to begin with. This is a law of logic. But Call of the Wild isn't really concerned with reason and logic. He's here in order to protect his confessional investment in theism.

We can rule out intelligent design because it violates the primacy of existence. I've already provided the arguments in the form of syllogisms which Call of the Wild has not shown to be either invalid, nor unsound. So he is incorrect that we can't rule out intelligent design, at least by an act of conscious will. The super advanced alien theory has more evidence for it than a creator god. We at least know that intelligent beings can manipulate DNA and produce new organisms because we can do it. So even this hypothetical is more plausible than a creator god. Call of the Wild, you can't rule out the possibility that the life on Earth was not placed here by an advanced alien species in order to terraform the planet so that they could colonize it. Can you do that, mr. you can't rule out stuff, therefore stuff?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
13-02-2016, 04:41 PM
(13-02-2016 02:04 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 05:23 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  A theory in science is a set of principles based on and confirmed by evidence. I never said that they were the same. No hypothesis can rise to the level of a theory unless it has a good deal of evidential support.

And what is the evidential support for macroevolution? The fossil record is terrible evidence for evolution and even with DNA, you can't rule out intelligent design. Those are the two main pieces of evidence for your theory, and they both fall flat with in comes to absolutes/truth value.

Science deals with evidence; all scientific knowledge is provisional, contingent on the evidence.

Only ignorant simpletons like you deal in "absolute/truth value".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-02-2016, 09:33 PM
(13-02-2016 02:04 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  And what is the evidential support for macroevolution?

The fossil record. DNA analysis. Observation. Basic logic.

(13-02-2016 02:04 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The fossil record is terrible evidence for evolution and even with DNA, you can't rule out intelligent design.

Wrong on both counts.

(13-02-2016 02:04 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Those are the two main pieces of evidence for your theory, and they both fall flat with in comes to absolutes/truth value.

No, they don't.

You simply like to play games with goalposts.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
14-02-2016, 06:34 AM
(13-02-2016 02:04 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  And what is the evidential support for macroevolution?

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

(13-02-2016 02:04 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The fossil record is terrible evidence for evolution and even with DNA, you can't rule out intelligent design.

If you think the fossil record was terrible evidence for evolution at this point you are clearly being willfully ignorant, seeing as I have shown you a few. And for DNA, well if you knew which animals were more related to who and how fossils got together with it then you wouldn't say that either.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
14-02-2016, 08:38 AM
(13-02-2016 09:33 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 02:04 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Those are the two main pieces of evidence for your theory, and they both fall flat with in comes to absolutes/truth value.

No, they don't.

You simply like to play games with goalposts.

[Image: img_1625.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
16-02-2016, 09:51 PM
(13-02-2016 03:35 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  How did you get from "The fossil record is terrible evidence for evolution and even with DNA" to "You can't rule out intelligent design"?

Because, you can't rule out intelligent design, and the fossil record is terrible evidence for evolution.

Laugh out load
16-02-2016, 09:53 PM
(14-02-2016 06:34 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  If you think the fossil record was terrible evidence for evolution at this point you are clearly being willfully ignorant, seeing as I have shown you a few. And for DNA, well if you knew which animals were more related to who and how fossils got together with it then you wouldn't say that either.

Even if the "fossil record" proved evolution (which I don't for one moment think it does), and DNA means what you THINK it means...how does that rule out intelligent design??
16-02-2016, 09:57 PM
(13-02-2016 09:33 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  The fossil record.

Do you have a complete fossil record of any living organism? I am talking about all of the transitional fossils that preceding any living organism today? Do you have anything like that? No, you don't.

There is no "fossil record".

(13-02-2016 09:33 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  DNA analysis.

Please explain how DNA analysis proves common ancestry as opposed to common designer.

(13-02-2016 09:33 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Observation.

Have you ever observed any reptile-bird transformation? No, you haven't.

(13-02-2016 09:33 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Basic logic.

Got a syllogism you'd like to share with the class? Big Grin