Who Created The Supernatual Realm.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2016, 03:05 PM
RE: Who Created The Supernatual Realm.
(22-02-2016 02:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He's gonna need God in order to understand p-values.

Not even God can help him there.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2016, 03:10 PM
(22-02-2016 12:39 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  If you can pull Jesus out of your ass you'll have mine.

I will, just after you pull a complete fossil record out of your's.
22-02-2016, 03:15 PM
(22-02-2016 03:10 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 12:39 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  If you can pull Jesus out of your ass you'll have mine.

You seem to have an obsession with this "complete" word.

I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that you don't understand the idea of logical deduction. After all, you haven't understood anything else in this thread.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
22-02-2016, 03:18 PM
(22-02-2016 03:15 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 03:10 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I will, just after you pull a complete fossil record out of your's.

You seem to have an obsession with this "complete" word.

I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that you don't understand the idea of logical deduction. After all, you haven't understood anything else in this thread.

Or any thread he's been in for that matter.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-02-2016, 03:23 PM
I won't believe CotW "came from" the union of two single cells (sperm and ovum) unless he can show me a continuous motion picture of his life from conception until now. Otherwise, there are, you know, "gaps". The record isn't "complete". And those two cells weren't even close to being the same "kind" that he is.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
22-02-2016, 03:43 PM
Nice "dog kind" isnt it?

[Image: 2_9_beutelwolf_jg_0.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
22-02-2016, 03:55 PM
(22-02-2016 12:20 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You really are incapable of even beginning to carry on a coherent conversation, aren't you? Again, this is with regards to ring species. Ring species do exist.

And, once again, you devolve into ridicule rather than actual answers.

Is ring species synonomous with "reptile-bird"...if it isn't, then again, it is irrelevant.

(22-02-2016 12:20 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  My worldview would also be shattered if one chose to include planets in the list of things that require a wizard to create them.

Fortunately, we don't do that, because there is absolutely no justification for doing so.

Did those planets begin to exist?

(22-02-2016 12:20 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You don't understand what "null hypothesis" means.

Actually, I do...and what you said isn't even a null hypothesis, either.

(22-02-2016 12:20 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  It explicitly does answer your question. I just don't care to spoon-feed it to you, as it has nothing to do with the argument in hand.

It has to do with my argument. Macro evolution is just a small fish in a big pond of problems for the naturalist. You still have the abiogenesis problem, infinity problem, consciousness problem, language problem, entropy problem, specified complexity problem.

Before we can even get to the problem with evolution, there is a sea of other problems that needs to be addressed. Evolution is just a pawn on the chess board compared to the other problems Laugh out load

(22-02-2016 12:20 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  And this has been explained to you multiple times. You simply ignore the explanation when it is offered.

Explaining the theory, and explaining why the theory is true are two totally different things. Sure, you've explained the theory...but when it comes to giving reasons why I am to believe that reptiles evolved into birds...that is another thing.

(22-02-2016 12:20 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  No.

Read before responding.

This guy Laugh out load

(22-02-2016 12:20 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Did anyone else hear that whistling noise when the point went over his head?

Um no. She showed an image at which she implied that macro evolution is similar to the image. But that is begging the question, because macro evolution is what needs to be proven true.

(22-02-2016 12:20 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  If the space-time continuum already existed

Fundamental misunderstanding of the argument. That is the point, there was no space-time continuum. All space & time BEGAN to exist..and if whatever begins to exist has a cause, then it follows that whatever gave space & time its beginning could not itself be a product of space & time. Consider

(22-02-2016 12:20 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  what are you claiming that your god created?

The universe..and everything in it (Col 1:15-17) Cool

(22-02-2016 12:20 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  And how old is God, then, if he exists within time?

He only existed in time once creation began...but there was no temporal "before" creation. As far as the age of God is concerned; God is at least 13.7 billion years old post-creation...and "before" creation? You can't put an age on indefinite.

(22-02-2016 10:39 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  And you're wrong.

It's really that simple.

If only it was that "simple" Laugh out load
22-02-2016, 03:59 PM
(22-02-2016 03:23 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I won't believe CotW "came from" the union of two single cells (sperm and ovum) unless he can show me a continuous motion picture of his life from conception until now.

So basically, you want to watch the sex tape of my parents having sex to have me? Blink
22-02-2016, 04:14 PM
(22-02-2016 03:55 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Is ring species synonomous with "reptile-bird"...if it isn't, then again, it is irrelevant.

It's really not.

You seem to have a serious issue with keeping various topics of discussion straight. Or, more likely, you simply don't care to, and hope to confuse the conversation by rapidly switching between points and acting as though you never made the argument which is being addressed.

This is known as the Gish gallop. It is a pathetically transparent attempt at avoiding the issues you cannot find a coherent response to.

(22-02-2016 03:55 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 12:20 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  My worldview would also be shattered if one chose to include planets in the list of things that require a wizard to create them.

Fortunately, we don't do that, because there is absolutely no justification for doing so.

Did those planets begin to exist?

And the gallop continues.

As per usual, I will be erasing the schizophrenic rambling sections of your post. I do not care about your attempts to obfuscate the argument in hand.

(22-02-2016 03:55 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 12:20 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You don't understand what "null hypothesis" means.

Actually, I do...and what you said isn't even a null hypothesis, either.

Yes, it is.

DNA is chemical in nature. There is nothing about DNA which is anything other than chemical, and no indication of intelligent intervention in its formation. The null hypothesis, then, is that there was none.

(22-02-2016 03:55 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Macro evolution is just a small fish in a big pond of problems for the naturalist... <snip>

This is the Gish gallop in its purest form. Besides that, none of the issues you name are actually issues for anyone who understands the topics in question. The "entropy problem" only requires a seventh-grade understanding of physics, for Christ's sake. The fact that you actually consider it a "problem" is simply embarrassing.

(22-02-2016 03:55 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Explaining the theory, and explaining why the theory is true are two totally different things. Sure, you've explained the theory...but when it comes to giving reasons why I am to believe that reptiles evolved into birds...that is another thing.

Ignoring the fossil record does not make it go away.

(22-02-2016 03:55 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  She showed an image at which she implied that macro evolution is similar to the image. But that is begging the question, because macro evolution is what needs to be proven true.

That is not begging the question. You do not understand what that fallacy actually says, any more than you understood the point being made.

(22-02-2016 03:55 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Fundamental misunderstanding of the argument.

I would point out how you are contradicting yourself now - if God worked "with time", there rather had to be time at the time - but I honestly don't care.

(22-02-2016 03:55 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  All space & time BEGAN to exist..and if whatever begins to exist has a cause

Which you have not established. You have not even established that this is a coherent idea, let alone that it is possible or required.

You continue to ignore the arguments presented to you. The parts that you do not ignore, you utterly fail to understand. But this is not surprising, as you appear to be completely incapable of keeping your own argument coherent, or even understanding the most basic principles of logic.

This is just getting sad, really.

[+] 5 users Like Unbeliever's post
22-02-2016, 04:38 PM
(22-02-2016 03:10 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

Well your brain probably constitutes a fossil. Just look in the mirror, gramps.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.