Who Created The Supernatual Realm.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2016, 03:52 PM
RE: Who Created The Supernatual Realm.
(25-02-2016 03:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Are you against Christianity as a worldview? If so, why. And if not, what is stopping you from becoming a Christian?

Blink

Facepalm

Really? Haven't people posted enough comments for you to get an understanding of the "Why" to your question?

Consider
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2016, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2016 04:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-02-2016 03:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(25-02-2016 03:33 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Still wasting time? If you have a point to make, do so.

Are you against Christianity as a worldview?

Nope.

(25-02-2016 03:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  And if not, what is stopping you from becoming a Christian?

Because any promise of a postmortem preservation of personal identity is utter and complete bullshit designed to relieve pussies from the personal responsibility of considering their own inevitable demise. I might consider becoming a Jew though.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-02-2016, 04:10 PM
(25-02-2016 03:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(25-02-2016 03:33 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Still wasting time? If you have a point to make, do so.

Are you against Christianity as a worldview?

Yes.

Quote:If so, why.

It's delusional.

Quote:And if not, what is stopping you from becoming a Christian?

I'm not delusional.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
25-02-2016, 04:57 PM
(25-02-2016 03:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Are you against Christianity as a worldview?

Yes.

(25-02-2016 03:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  If so, why.

Because it is very, very silly.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
25-02-2016, 05:11 PM
(25-02-2016 03:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Are you against Christianity as a worldview? If so, why. And if not, what is stopping you from becoming a Christian?

Yes.
Because :

a. it's basically a "full employment" plan for priests and apologists who are too dim-witted and slow to get real jobs.

b. The notion that an ancient pissed-off deity required his own son to die, so he could feel better and grant forgiveness, is one of THE most stupid ideas ever cooked up by humans.

Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-02-2016, 05:29 PM
It's quite telling that this is Call_of_the_Wild's response to his repeated failures to establish any case whatsoever against evolution, or for intelligent design.

He does not attempt to raise any further points that he feels provide compelling evidence one way or another. He does not attempt to refute any of the points raised against him. There is no questioning of his dogmatic beliefs, no thought that he may have to reconcile his faith with the facts, even though this would presumably allow him to reach a deeper understanding of his faith and its relationship with the world around him. There isn't even the barest hint of actual consideration going on here.

It's just "why do you hate Jesus?", as if that has anything at all to do with evolution - and as if anyone here will be at all fooled by this pathetic attempt at a dodge.

I don't hate Christians, Call. I don't even hate Christianity. I just think it's very, very stupid. But I do dislike ignorant, condescending fools trying to "educate" me about things they don't even understand the basics of. You don't understand what the theory of evolution actually says. If there are any flaws with it, you are not in a position to identify them. If you are going to participate on this forum, you need to at least grow a pair and start answering the points raised against you.

I'd ask you if you'd like to step into the Boxing Ring, but even if you said yes, we both know that you wouldn't be willing or able to stay on whatever topic we selected.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
25-02-2016, 07:12 PM
(25-02-2016 05:29 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  It's quite telling that this is Call_of_the_Wild's response to his repeated failures to establish any case whatsoever against evolution, or for intelligent design. He does not attempt to raise any further points that he feels provide compelling evidence one way or another. He does not attempt to refute any of the points raised against him. There is no questioning of his dogmatic beliefs, no thought that he may have to reconcile his faith with the facts, even though this would presumably allow him to reach a deeper understanding of his faith and its relationship with the world around him. There isn't even the barest hint of actual consideration going on here.

To be honest with you, bro'ham...your last post, I had a response to it...but unfortunately for you, as I was just about to complete the post, I hit the "backspace" button to delete a word but it ended up taking me to the previous page.

So all of that "stuff", for nothing. And I am to lazy to type it all again. So just consider yourself lucky. But don't think for one minute that I deliberately ignored it.

Never that.

(25-02-2016 05:29 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  It's just "why do you hate Jesus?", as if that has anything at all to do with evolution - and as if anyone here will be at all fooled by this pathetic attempt at a dodge.

First off, sparky...you have no idea. I take my apologetics very seriously, as I believe I am doing my part for the Kingdom. Now for you, that may not mean anything. But for me, it means everything.

So in other words, I monitor what I say in my posts and my overall performances (answering objections, defenses/offense) very critically. That being said, in our back-and-forth exchanges regarding evolution, I honestly feel as if I came out on top. That's just me.

I explained to you above why I didn't response to your last post, and it isn't because you said anything that had me "stumped" (far from it). That explanation may not be good enough for you, but hey, it is what it is Big Grin

As far as me being up the subject of Christianity is concerned...hey, I offered you a proposal...you declined it...I gave you a thumbsup for declining it...and then you started talking crazy, and now we are HERE.

I was just going to leave it alone after my thumbsup...but no..you kept yapping, so now we are here.

And then you make it seem as if the OP was about evolution. It isn't. No where in the OP is the word or concept of "evolution" said or implied. Somewhere in the mist of the many pages of this thread, the subject of evolution came along...and that is how conversations work sometimes...you know; one conversation leading to another.

But I get it, though. You want to continue to discuss your religion (evolution), well, I'd like to discuss my religion too (Christianity) Laugh out load Why should your religion have all of the fun?

(25-02-2016 05:29 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I don't hate Christians, Call. I don't even hate Christianity. I just think it's very, very stupid.

What a coincidence. I feel the same way about evolution. I think it is a very, very, stupid idea.

(25-02-2016 05:29 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  But I do dislike ignorant, condescending fools trying to "educate" me about things they don't even understand the basics of. You don't understand what the theory of evolution actually says.

You believe reptiles evolved into birds...and I said that evolution is based on the concept of reptiles evolving into birds...so, if we both agree on what evolution says...then how can one person understand it, and the other person doesn't..when they BOTH are in agreement with the concept of what it is?

Makes no sense.

(25-02-2016 05:29 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  If there are any flaws with it, you are not in a position to identify them. If you are going to participate on this forum, you need to at least grow a pair and start answering the points raised against you.

If you don't think I've answered any of the points you raised, then I can't help you, sir.

(25-02-2016 05:29 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I'd ask you if you'd like to step into the Boxing Ring, but even if you said yes, we both know that you wouldn't be willing or able to stay on whatever topic we selected.

Maybe some other time.
25-02-2016, 07:22 PM
(25-02-2016 07:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I take my apologetics very seriously

I'm sure you do.

Unfortunately, no matter how seriously you take it, apologetics remains exceptionally silly.

(25-02-2016 07:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  And then you make it seem as if the OP was about evolution. It isn't.

I do not care about what the opening post said. The topic that you and I were discussing was entirely evolution, as that is what I was posting in response to when I entered the thread, save for the moments when you attempted the Gish gallop to avoid addressing a point raised.

I do not care what you wish to discuss with other posters, but when responding to me, it would be best for everyone if you were actually responding to me.

(25-02-2016 07:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I said that evolution is based on the concept of reptiles evolving into birds.

Which is wrong.

Reptiles evolving into birds is a consequent conclusion of the theory of evolution. The theory itself does not mandate specific species' evolutionary paths.

(25-02-2016 07:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  so, if we both agree on what evolution says...

We don't. Because you keep attempting to equivocate between "reptiles evolved into birds" and "a reptile gave birth to a bird".

You do not understand what the theory of evolution says.

[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
25-02-2016, 07:26 PM
(25-02-2016 07:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  but unfortunately for you, as I was just about to complete the post, I hit the "backspace" button to delete a word but it ended up taking me to the previous page.

...right. And the dog ate my homework. How utterly lame. Actually it was fortunate for him, as you never have anything to say, worthwhile.

(25-02-2016 07:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  So all of that "stuff", for nothing. And I am to lazy to type it all again. So just consider yourself lucky. But don't think for one minute that I deliberately ignored it.

Yet you just claimed you took your apologetics seriously ... I see you lied. See below.

(25-02-2016 07:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  First off, sparky...you have no idea. I take my apologetics very seriously, as I believe I am doing my part for the Kingdom. Now for you, that may not mean anything. But for me, it means everything.

But you're not here to convince yourself, now are you .... or are you ?

(25-02-2016 07:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  So in other words, I monitor what I say in my posts and my overall performances (answering objections, defenses/offense) very critically. That being said, in our back-and-forth exchanges regarding evolution, I honestly feel as if I came out on top. That's just me.

That is just you. You are one of, if not THE biggest loser, ever to come here.

(25-02-2016 07:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I explained to you above why I didn't response to your last post, and it isn't because you said anything that had me "stumped" (far from it). That explanation may not be good enough for you, but hey, it is what it is

We get it. You don't take your apologetics seriously or honestly.

(25-02-2016 07:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Somewhere in the mist of the many pages of this thread, the subject of evolution came along...and that is how conversations work sometimes...you know; one conversation leading to another.

Exactly. You proved you have no clue what it's all about.

(25-02-2016 07:12 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  What a coincidence. I feel the same way about evolution. I think it is a very, very, stupid idea.

No one cares what a fool thinks about a subject the ENTIRE world's science community accepts.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-02-2016, 09:05 PM
(25-02-2016 07:22 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I'm sure you do.

Unfortunately, no matter how seriously you take it, apologetics remains exceptionally silly.

Says the apologist for evolution Laugh out load

(25-02-2016 07:22 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I do not care about what the opening post said. The topic that you and I were discussing was entirely evolution, as that is what I was posting in response to when I entered the thread

Of course, because once the subject came about regarding your religion (evolution), you felt the need to defend it...which is basically evolution apologetics.

(25-02-2016 07:22 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  , save for the moments when you attempted the Gish gallop to avoid addressing a point raised.

Dude, I responded to practically everything you said and I did not duck or dodge anything.

(25-02-2016 07:22 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I do not care what you wish to discuss with other posters, but when responding to me, it would be best for everyone if you were actually responding to me.

And why would me responding to you be "best for everyone". Do you think you have that kind of influence? Laugh out load

(25-02-2016 07:22 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Which is wrong.

Reptiles evolving into birds is a consequent conclusion of the theory of evolution. The theory itself does not mandate specific species' evolutionary paths.

If the statement "If you believe in evolution, you believe that reptiles evolved into birds"...if that is a true statement, then that is what evolution IS. I'm really not trying to play the "catch me if you can" technical jargon that evolutionists typically like to play.

Bottom line: Reptiles evolved into birds, based on the theory of evolution, and I am simply saying I don't believe that this is actually true, and I reject all evidence that has been presented.

(25-02-2016 07:22 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  We don't. Because you keep attempting to equivocate between "reptiles evolved into birds" and "a reptile gave birth to a bird".

Both propositions are equally absurd. The idea that a reptile GAVE BIRTH to a bird is just as absurd as a reptile gradually evolving into a bird. I could care less which idea is adopted, I don't believe it happened at ALL...either way.

So the distinction between the two is about as meaningless as the "s" in island.

Regardless of whether the theory says that it happened over billions of years...or whether the theory states that it happened suddenly...it really doesn't matter...because I don't believe it happened at all.

So all of these bullshit "corrections" or "clarifications" that you think you are doing such justice in giving...either way, based on the lame justification for believing in such a theory...and also the evidence AGAINST the theory, I have no justifiable reason for believing in the theory.

And I'm sure you feel the same way regarding Christianity. Well, no robbery in fair exchange.

(25-02-2016 07:22 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You do not understand what the theory of evolution says.

Ok, so explain to me what the theory of evolution "says", so I can understand it...and THENNNNN reject it. How about I just reject it AFTER you "explain" to me what it is. How about it?