Who Created The Supernatual Realm.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2016, 09:19 PM
RE: Who Created The Supernatual Realm.
(25-02-2016 09:05 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Dude, I responded to practically everything you said and I did not duck or dodge anything.

Save those points regarding your obsession over the term "complete" being irrelevant due to the existence of logical deduction, your complete failure to establish intelligent agency as the only possible source of information, your inability to present any reason why DNA cannot form naturally, your consistent failure to acknowledge the predictive and explanatory power of the theory (including several specific examples), your misunderstanding of abiogenesis and evolution as being somehow dependent upon one another, and so on.

(25-02-2016 09:05 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  If the statement "If you believe in evolution, you believe that reptiles evolved into birds"...if that is a true statement, then that is what evolution IS.

No.

The principles of aerodynamics are not equivalent to a flight between Atlanta and Chicago.

You do not understand evolution.

(25-02-2016 09:05 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Bottom line: Reptiles evolved into birds, based on the theory of evolution, and I am simply saying I don't believe that this is actually true, and I reject all evidence that has been presented.

Yes, you do.

The issue is that you have no rational reason for doing so.

(25-02-2016 09:05 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(25-02-2016 07:22 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  We don't. Because you keep attempting to equivocate between "reptiles evolved into birds" and "a reptile gave birth to a bird".

Both propositions are equally absurd.

No.

(25-02-2016 09:05 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  So the distinction between the two is about as meaningless as the "s" in island.

That is not how this works. That is not how any of this works.

You do not get to tell someone what their argument is and then dismiss it based upon your mischaracterization. That is the straw man argument fallacy. This is basic, Call. This is middle school. I should not have to explain this.

(25-02-2016 09:05 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Regardless of whether the theory says that it happened over billions of years...or whether the theory states that it happened suddenly...it really doesn't matter...because I don't believe it happened at all.

So you came into the discussion with a pre-existing conclusion, and are simply dismissing all evidence to the contrary out of hand.

Pretty much what I expected, really.

(25-02-2016 09:05 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Ok, so explain to me what the theory of evolution "says", so I can understand it...

I've spent several pages doing that. It apparently hasn't sunk in.

Re-read the past few pages. Take a particularly careful look at the image post that you erroneously attempted to label as circular reasoning. Then come back and tell me what you think you have learned.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
25-02-2016, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2016 10:33 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(25-02-2016 09:05 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I reject all evidence that has been presented.

No one cares what you reject.
Your crazy beliefs are not in question here. Evolution is taught by every major university in the entire world.
If there were a way to knock it down, any scientist able to do so, would get a Nobel. There isn't.
Your pathetic nonsense with "kinds" etc, (which no scientist accepts) only demonstrates your empty mind and failure at your task, and how really really bad you are at apologetics.
We thought you were an "apologist" and that you were attempting to present the rationality of your position.

You have failed.
100 %.

Failed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-02-2016, 09:39 AM
(25-02-2016 09:05 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  ... I reject all evidence that has been presented.

Ok, so explain to me what the theory of evolution "says", so I can understand it...and THENNNNN reject it. How about I just reject it AFTER you "explain" to me what it is. How about it?

You are incredibly stupid.
You are willfully ignorant and revel in it, you are arrogant in your ignorance, you appear to actually believe the most incredibly erroneous misinterpretations of the world around you.

You are a waste of oxygen.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
26-02-2016, 10:07 AM
(26-02-2016 09:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  You are a waste of oxygen.

Seldom are truer words written.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
26-02-2016, 11:52 AM
(25-02-2016 09:19 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Save those points regarding your obsession over the term "complete" being irrelevant due to the existence of logical deduction, your complete failure to establish intelligent agency as the only possible source of information, your inability to present any reason why DNA cannot form naturally, your consistent failure to acknowledge the predictive and explanatory power of the theory (including several specific examples), your misunderstanding of abiogenesis and evolution as being somehow dependent upon one another, and so on.

I don't believe what you believe, and you can't make me Laugh out load

(25-02-2016 09:19 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  No.

The principles of aerodynamics are not equivalent to a flight between Atlanta and Chicago.

Yeah but if you are going to scientifically explain a flight between Atlanta and Chicago, you'd better be ready to explain some aerodynamics.

(25-02-2016 09:19 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You do not understand evolution.

No, I don't understand how a reptile could have ever evovled into a bird.

(25-02-2016 09:19 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Yes, you do.

The issue is that you have no rational reason for doing so.

I do, which gives me RATIONAL reasons for not believing that any of it occurred in the first place.

(25-02-2016 09:19 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  That is not how this works. That is not how any of this works.

You do not get to tell someone what their argument is and then dismiss it based upon your mischaracterization. That is the straw man argument fallacy. This is basic, Call. This is middle school. I should not have to explain this.

Did I tell you what your argument is? Or did I say that however you explain it..whatever the theory is; I see no evidence for it, therefore, I don't believe it.

(25-02-2016 09:19 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  So you came into the discussion with a pre-existing conclusion, and are simply dismissing all evidence to the contrary out of hand.

I have reasons not to believe.

(25-02-2016 09:19 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I've spent several pages doing that. It apparently hasn't sunk in.

Re-read the past few pages. Take a particularly careful look at the image post that you erroneously attempted to label as circular reasoning. Then come back and tell me what you think you have learned.

"Evolution is true because of an image that was posted on an atheist forum".

Children, please Laugh out load
26-02-2016, 01:40 PM
(26-02-2016 09:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  [You are incredibly stupid.
You are willfully ignorant and revel in it, you are arrogant in your ignorance, you appear to actually believe the most incredibly erroneous misinterpretations of the world around you.

All of those things considered, the fact still remains: dogs produce dogs, cats produce cats, fish produce fish.

Never, ever, EVER have you nor anyone else ever observed any exception to the rule. Therefore...
26-02-2016, 01:40 PM
(26-02-2016 11:52 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I don't believe what you believe, and you can't make me Laugh out load

No. But I can point out how irrational your beliefs are, and they remain irrational regardless of your opinion on the matter.

(26-02-2016 11:52 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Yeah but if you are going to scientifically explain a flight between Atlanta and Chicago, you'd better be ready to explain some aerodynamics.

Yes. Which we can do.

The theory of evolution is still not equivalent to "birds evolved from reptiles", and your attempts to equivocate between the two remain fallacious.

(26-02-2016 11:52 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(25-02-2016 09:19 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You do not understand evolution.

No, I don't understand how a reptile could have ever evovled into a bird.

Because you do not understand evolution.

(26-02-2016 11:52 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(25-02-2016 09:19 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I've spent several pages doing that. It apparently hasn't sunk in.

"Evolution is true because of an image that was posted on an atheist forum".

Children, please Laugh out load

You have absolutely no ability to actually hold a coherent conversation. The point that you are replying to has nothing to do with whether or not evolution is true. It deals strictly with what evolution actually says.

But at this point, you aren't even attempting to actually present an argument. You are just running about in circles, flapping your arms and screeching about how we can't make you believe. Which is true enough. We can't even make you understand, because you refuse to actually engage in a conversation.

I'm sure that you take your missionary work here very seriously, but I'm afraid that I have bad news: you are terrible at it.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 5 users Like Unbeliever's post
26-02-2016, 01:48 PM
(26-02-2016 01:40 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-02-2016 09:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  [You are incredibly stupid.

All of those things considered, the fact still remains: dogs produce dogs, cats produce cats, fish produce fish.

Never, ever, EVER have you nor anyone else ever observed any exception to the rule. Therefore...

Well, to point out your ignorance even more, the evidence tells us that we and the birds both evolved from a common reptile-like ancestor.

You apparently did not understand the example I gave you of slow, cumulative change.
You appear too simple to understand anything that requires actual deductive or inductive reasoning.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-02-2016, 10:12 AM
(26-02-2016 01:40 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  No. But I can point out how irrational your beliefs are

You can, but you haven't.

(26-02-2016 01:40 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Yes. Which we can do.

The theory of evolution is still not equivalent to "birds evolved from reptiles", and your attempts to equivocate between the two remain fallacious.

Yet, archaeopteryx was supposed to be the "transitional fossil" of a reptile..evolving into...a bird.

*sigh* children, children, children No

(26-02-2016 01:40 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Because you do not understand evolution.

Here is what I do understand; Dogs produce dogs, cats produce cats, snakes produce snakes.

Anything contrary to that..no, I don't understand it Big Grin

(26-02-2016 01:40 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You have absolutely no ability to actually hold a coherent conversation. The point that you are replying to has nothing to do with whether or not evolution is true. It deals strictly with what evolution actually says.

Yeah, thats what the theory of evolution says...and Christianity says that Jesus died on the cross for the sins of mankind, and by accepting/acknowledging this, you receive the free gift of eternal life.

So, you've told me what your religion says, and I told you what mines say.

Again, no robbery with fair exchange.

(26-02-2016 01:40 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  But at this point, you aren't even attempting to actually present an argument. You are just running about in circles, flapping your arms and screeching about how we can't make you believe. Which is true enough. We can't even make you understand, because you refuse to actually engage in a conversation.

I've been engaging in conversation, actually. I've addressed your points, and made counter-points. Don't know what else you want outside of that.

(26-02-2016 01:40 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I'm sure that you take your missionary work here very seriously, but I'm afraid that I have bad news: you are terrible at it.

Hey, can't please everyone Laugh out load
27-02-2016, 10:23 AM
(26-02-2016 01:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, to point out your ignorance even more, the evidence tells us that we and the birds both evolved from a common reptile-like ancestor.

Us = those that believe in evolution.

"I" am not included in that "us". So the "evidence" doesn't tell me anything.

Based on the "evidence" that I see; dogs produce dogs, cats produce cats, bears produce bears. I have no reasons to believe that the animals of yesterday were doing stuff that the animals of today haven't been observed to do.

But believe whatever you want to believe, cat man.

(26-02-2016 01:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  You apparently did not understand the example I gave you of slow, cumulative change.

I accept that what you showed is what you BELIEVED occurred...but I don't accept the evidence that you provide to show THAT it occurred.

See the distinction there, cat man?

(26-02-2016 01:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  You appear too simple to understand anything that requires actual deductive or inductive reasoning.

You know what, I am simple. I am so simple that I believe that dogs produce dogs, cats produce cats, mice produce mice.

How simple of me to believe such things!! Laugh out load