Who Destroyed The Nose Of The Sphinx?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: Who Destroyed The Nose Of The Sphinx?
[Image: bandaid_sphinx01.jpg]
If we stand idly by without doing something, then the alien nazis win.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
05-02-2013, 05:40 PM
(05-02-2013 02:58 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  No human destroyed it, the elements degraded it over time.
Nooo.. If people bothered to read my history lession/sources then they would know that there is proof that it was chissled off.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
05-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Here is a picture from around 1880:

[Image: %27Le_Sphinx_Armachis%2C_Caire%27_%28The...iro%29.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
05-02-2013, 11:16 PM
huh.. thought it looked bigger.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
05-02-2013, 11:42 PM
(05-02-2013 11:06 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Here is a picture from around 1880:

I've seen several of these early photographs up close and they really are quite impressive. The detail is splendid. There were several in an exhibition I went to last year. Many of the photographs in the show were quite large - some 9 x 12 to 18 x 24 - even a few panoramas.

La Belle Epoch - quite a time of travel and adventure and anyone who was anyone brought that new camera thing along to record what they saw. This photo is the view of the Sphinx that Mark Twain very probably saw. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
05-02-2013, 11:45 PM
(05-02-2013 11:16 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  huh.. thought it looked bigger.

Much of it is buried in sand. They really didn't get into tourism until well into the twentieth century so they didn't keep the sand away all the time... it was frequently covered by sand dunes. Shy

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-02-2013, 11:48 PM
(05-02-2013 11:45 PM)kim Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 11:16 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  huh.. thought it looked bigger.

Much of it is buried in sand. They really didn't get into tourism until well into the twentieth century so they didn't keep the sand away all the time... it was frequently covered by sand dunes. Shy

Thanks! Thumbsup

Make me wonder what else is buried.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
05-02-2013, 11:54 PM
It's paws ... and quite a lot of it's body.
[Image: Great_Sphinx_of_Giza_-_20080716a.jpg]

05-02-2013, 11:59 PM
I didn't mean just the sphinx, but that is pretty cool.

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
06-02-2013, 03:51 AM
[Image: EffectiveSlavery.jpg]

(even though there is no proof that they were actually made by slaves, but actually there is evidence they were paid workers.)

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post