Who Is Allowed to Be a Free-Thinker?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2011, 01:24 PM
RE: Who Is Allowed to Be a Free-Thinker?
Frickin Preach. Keeps his hands off the tail, but sure likes to poke sticks through the bars... Rawl!

JT, you are far from alone in that consideration. People that can be manipulated by their beliefs have a ways to go before becoming Jedi. Those of us who are there, just growl good-naturedly once in a while. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
11-12-2011, 01:28 PM
JT, I'm still on the fence about worshiping you, but I like where you're going with that thought.

I would invite her here, but now I've opened this thread and started talking about her behind her back...I don't feel as if she'd approve. Undecided

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-12-2011, 01:34 PM
(11-12-2011 01:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  JT, I'm still on the fence about worshiping you, but I like where you're going with that thought.

I would invite her here, but now I've opened this thread and started talking about her behind her back...I don't feel as if she'd approve. Undecided

A real freethinker would judge you on your intend and not on your actions...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
11-12-2011, 01:44 PM
(11-12-2011 01:34 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(11-12-2011 01:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  JT, I'm still on the fence about worshiping you, but I like where you're going with that thought.

Yes, but...she's a woman. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
11-12-2011, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 02:22 PM by kim.)
(11-12-2011 01:44 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(11-12-2011 01:34 PM)The_observer Wrote:  

Yes, but...she's a woman. Tongue

Yea. We hate being manipulated. Did I say hate?

I meant, women FUCKING HATE being manipulated.
Dodgy Who doesn't?

I see shitty things about myself every time I talk out of my ass here on this forum. For instance; I was under the assumption that because the forum was titled The Thinking ATHEIST; we all are Atheists. I got straightened out with a few Stark keystrokes... makes me a better person. Keeps me honest... which is a thing I seriously care about.

The thing is... it's tough for people to wake up... freedom can seem like a harsh landscape. It's lonely out in space... she feels separate from where she is now; she said herself, "Maybe I'm just a religion of one." It's possible she's started her search ... and she's aware of it... that makes me think she can handle herself, at least within herself. I wouldn't try anything. She will find where she is in her own time... if she was able to cut through the Christ-y bullshit to get where she's come to, full on reason may be just over the hill.

Dodgy I think she'll be just fine, as long as she doesn't bring along her pet dogma.

Billy: "What's wrong with freedom? Freedom, man, that's what it's all about."
George: "Yea, but talking about it, and being it, are two different things."

Angel Let her know that she's welcome here. No push. No direction. Freedom.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
11-12-2011, 03:02 PM
(11-12-2011 02:19 PM)kim Wrote:  as long as she doesn't bring along her pet dogma.
Having a dogma excludes you from being a freethinkingthing.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
11-12-2011, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 03:18 PM by houseofcantor.)
(11-12-2011 03:02 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(11-12-2011 02:19 PM)kim Wrote:  as long as she doesn't bring along her pet dogma.
Having a dogma excludes you from being a freethinkingthing.

I don't know, bro. I get pretty dogmatic about that dang Gwynnies. Tiger-matic.Rawl! Big Grin
(11-12-2011 02:19 PM)kim Wrote:  I see shitty things about myself every time I talk out of my ass here on this forum.

Every time I type, I'm talking out my ass. Big Grin

I don't see any fecal matter attached to Kim. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-12-2011, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 04:29 PM by Erxomai.)
(11-12-2011 03:16 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't see any fecal matter attached to Kim. Wink

I nominate some version of this to be your future epitaph on your tombstone. Smile
(11-12-2011 02:19 PM)kim Wrote:  For instance; I was under the assumption that because the forum was titled The Thinking ATHEIST; we all are Atheists. I got straightened out with a few Stark keystrokes... makes me a better person. Keeps me honest... which is a thing I seriously care about.

I hear ya there. I had no idea I was going to run into a Setian Gwynnite on here. Smile

[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
11-12-2011, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 05:45 PM by Chas.)
I'll welcome her with an open mind.

If not a freethinker by some people's definition, she's certainly been lookin' in the window and tryin' the dooknob. Cool

Besides, KC is about as far from a freethinker as one can get, and we haven't tossed his delusional ass out in the cold. Rolleyes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
11-12-2011, 05:20 PM
(11-12-2011 05:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'll welcome her with an open mind.

If not a freethinker by some people's definition, she's certainly been lookin' in the window and tryin' the dooknob. Cool

Besides, KC is about as far from a freethinker as one can get, and we haven't tossen his delusional ass out in the cold. Rolleyes

Glad to hear, Chas, because you were the one person I was worried about! Undecided

Just kidding, Bro! Smile