Who Is God? Why Does He Allow Suffering? And When Will It End?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2015, 10:35 AM
RE: Who Is God? Why Does He Allow Suffering? And When Will It End?
(28-12-2015 09:48 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(28-12-2015 09:45 AM)unfogged Wrote:  This is the drive-by variety. Register, post a wall of unsupported assertions, usually copied from some apologetics website, then never return or read any of the responses so that your views never have to be challenged.

Repeat at any site you can find...
http://www.debate.org/forums/religion/topic/79382/
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TOK1KP363VD8LOHUG

Congratulate yourself on spreading the word to the ignorant atheists.

Accomplish only showing people questioning their beliefs how weak your arguments are as they get picked apart line by line.
Unfortunately it was all for not because he will probably never read it. He is busy posting the same thing on about a dozen other sites.

"All for naught". Tongue

I guess that makes me a comma queen. Weeping
(Shut up Girly)

TTA has far more "guests" than members ... you never really know who's reading what.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2015, 10:41 AM
(27-12-2015 05:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You have no clue when the Bible was written, by whom, or why.

forget that, we don't even know who edited that damn thing or how many damn times it was edited
28-12-2015, 11:30 AM
(28-12-2015 09:30 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 05:13 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I was tempted to just delete this wall of copy pasta, but I thought a few of you might have fun tearing this apart.

Aaaaaand.....GO!
Is this one of those religious trolls that I hear so much about?

This is one variety. This is the kind that just post and don't return. No interest in discussion. It's ok though, because as others have mentioned, the replies get read by many people, and really I think most of the replies here are written with that in mind.

Discussin with this type is useless anyways. They don't think we can have a valid opinion because we are closed to God (when ironically it's their closed mindedness that causes the lack of discussion). It's a shame, but it's the world we live in.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
28-12-2015, 12:18 PM
(28-12-2015 10:35 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-12-2015 09:48 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Unfortunately it was all for not because he will probably never read it. He is busy posting the same thing on about a dozen other sites.

"All for naught". Tongue

I guess that makes me a comma queen. Weeping
(Shut up Girly)

TTA has far more "guests" than members ... you never really know who's reading what.
I apologize for my grammar fail. I will flog myself with a tube sock full of 3 in wood screws now.
28-12-2015, 12:32 PM
Who Is God? Why Does He Allow Suffering? And When Will It End?
Yeah, Jason, this happens often. These idiots don't understand a site called "The Thinking Atheist" will have atheists that think and study. Many atheists know their holy books better than them, and those who do know the history and origins better.

Not to lump you in that category, but again you see why we assumed you were like that.
28-12-2015, 01:58 PM
God makes us suffer because we allow gay marriage, and he is punishing us with floods.

ENGLAND IS DOOMED

JOKE JOKE this is NOT the WBCBig Grin
28-12-2015, 02:42 PM
Well obviously. The WBC says God is punishing us with military casualties.
29-12-2015, 03:31 PM
WBC is very convenient from an athiest perspective. Let them rant and yell, and let the liberal/moderate religious folks criticize them. Then point out that according to biblical law WBC is correct. Sit back and watch the squirming... Big Grin

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
29-12-2015, 03:47 PM
(27-12-2015 07:10 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  More Bible quotes. Yawn. Come back when you've got some source that DOESN'T think bats are birds and whales are fish.

Touché!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
29-12-2015, 04:36 PM
(27-12-2015 03:56 PM)Joshua_Verum Wrote:  The Bible prophets were inspired by God to describe conditions that would indicate an imminent end of the world. Consider some of those prophecies and decide for yourself whether they are being fulfilled in our time.

Quote:Wars, famines, earthquakes, and epidemics of deadly disease. (Matthew 24:7, Luke 21:11)
Wars furthered solely by religious zealots; earthquakes due primarily to shifting of tectonic plates; no subsequent epidemics worse than the 1918 Spanish influenza pandemic.

Quote:Significant increase in crime. (Matthew 24:12)
Statistically unsupported:

[Image: declineincrime_victimizationbyage.jpg]

Quote:The ruining of the earth by mankind. (Revelation 11:18)
Insignificant compared with effects of nature.

Quote:People who love themselves, money, and pleasures but do not love God. (2 Timothy 3:2, 4)
Non sequitur; plenty of practising Christians are conceited and love their material possessions and wealth.

Quote:The breakdown of the family. (2 Timothy 3:2, 3)
Incorrect assumption. In Australia, the number of divorces decreased by 1,140 (2.4%) in 2014 and the crude divorce rate decreased from 2.1 in 2013 to 2.0 divorces per 1,000 estimated resident population in 2014. [ABS 3310.0—Marriages and Divorces]

Quote:General apathy toward the evidence of the approaching end. (Matthew 24:37-39)
Another non sequitur. There is no empirical "evidence" for any "end" to the world. (Fanatasing does NOT count as evidence.)

Quote:The preaching of the good news of God’s Kingdom worldwide. (Matthew 24:14)
Theism is on the decline in all first-world/Western countries. This graph shows the increase in atheism in Australia.[Image: 0.70E4!OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif][ABS 4102.0—Australian Social Trends]

Quote:As Jesus said, seeing “all these things” lets us know that the end of the world is near. (Matthew 24:33) Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that the evidence is convincing, and they share their faith with others by preaching in 236 lands.
JWs account for a mere 0.4% of the Australian population. [2016 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses, pages 178–187] cf. 22.3% atheist, and 9.4% not stated.

—I don't have the time or the inclination to address all the other erroneous apologist factoids from someone who may well prove to be a drive-by troll. We'll see.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post