Who Was Your First???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Who Was Your First???
Bet you thought this was something else.... (hint - it's in music, not masturbation fantasies)...

This will probably date some of us -- and that's sort of the point. Music is the soundtrack of our lives -- and what you listened to helped shape who you are...

(or some drivel like that, I suppose.... It sounds good - OK??)

What was the very first concert you ever went to??????

Mine - was at Reid Fieldhouse in Kalamazoo Michigan in 1974.

It was Kiss - the Hotter than Hell tour.

The warmup band? ---- Styx. (hardly anyone had heard of them at that point.)

I was 14.... Mom made my sister take me along. I suppose Mom figured it'd keep sis outta trouble........... Yeah... that worked....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-06-2015, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2015 04:09 PM by cactus.)
RE: Who Was Your First???
Aside from orchestral stuff (I go to the symphony all the time), I've never actually been to a concert, unless you count the Christian summer camps I went to in high school, where we'd spend a week on a college campus, going to nightly 3-4 hour rock indoctrination services in the auditorium. Man, I thought it was so cool at the time, and I came home talking about how I was "on fire" for Jesus....
.............yeah Blush

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
13-06-2015, 04:05 PM
Kiss also, 1976 Chicago Stadium. I was 10. Don't remember what album the tour was, or who opened.
13-06-2015, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2015 04:26 PM by Nishi Karano Kaze.)
I have only been to one real concert. Which was Rodger Waters in Copenhagen two years ago on his the wall tour. And I have no need to go to another. I got to experience something that smelled like Pink Floyd and can now die happy.
13-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Aaaaand I found it on youtube. Thanks now I have to mute Le Mans.
13-06-2015, 04:20 PM
REO Speedwagon back when they were still doing gigs at colleges and other small venues.

The first big one was in about 76 when I went to see Aerosmith. The opening group was Rush who no one had heard of, then on came a group named Angel, who disappeared into the void. Then my friends decided to leave because they all thought the second group WAS Aerosmith...I kept saying that it couldn't have been because they didn't play 'Dream On'. So, I missed my first big concert headliner because everyone thought I was too stoned to realize that Angel was really Aerosmith. Dodgy

When leaving the parking lot we could hear the applause and the first notes of 'Dream On'. Of course you couldn't get back in. Fuckers. Time for new friends.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-06-2015, 04:59 PM
(13-06-2015 04:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  REO Speedwagon back when they were still doing gigs at colleges and other small venues.

The first big one was in about 76 when I went to see Aerosmith. The opening group was Rush who no one had heard of, then on came a group named Angel, who disappeared into the void. Then my friends decided to leave because they all thought the second group WAS Aerosmith...I kept saying that it couldn't have been because they didn't play 'Dream On'. So, I missed my first big concert headliner because everyone thought I was too stoned to realize that Angel was really Aerosmith. Dodgy

When leaving the parking lot we could hear the applause and the first notes of 'Dream On'. Of course you couldn't get back in. Fuckers. Time for new friends.

You saw motherfucking Rush as the opening act, and you then complain you didn't get to see the sack of crap that is Aerosmith?
[Image: 9079bec87b189313d604d6b9722bce1b.jpg]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
13-06-2015, 05:01 PM
I remember falling asleep on my mother's lap on a beach in Cali while the Beach Boys recreated their heyday onstage. Dunno if that counts.

Other than that it was Big Head Todd and the Monsters with an unknown at the time Dave Matthews Band as supporting act a when I was a tween. It was my first time smelling pot and crowdsurfing anyways...

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
13-06-2015, 05:07 PM
(13-06-2015 04:59 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(13-06-2015 04:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  REO Speedwagon back when they were still doing gigs at colleges and other small venues.

You saw motherfucking Rush as the opening act, and you then complain you didn't get to see the sack of crap that is Aerosmith?
[Image: 9079bec87b189313d604d6b9722bce1b.jpg]

At that point Aerosmith was the next big thing, no one really even knew who Rush was. And they were an opening act for an opening act.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-06-2015, 05:33 PM
Double bill of Moe Bandy and Mel Tillis at the El Paso County Colosseum in the spring of 79. Didn't care for either one.