Who Was Your First???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2015, 05:35 PM
RE: Who Was Your First???
Never attended a concert as a guest, but did security at a few when I worked at the Mandalay Bay Event Center.

First and most memorable was Bon Jovi, who went into the service hallway and chilled out with the staff and practiced on his guitar before his concert. Real classy down to earth guy, not a stuck up snob like most of the others. I also did security for an Iranian concert at Planet Hollywood once. Completely different experience, but cooler than I anticipated. I'd never heard Persian rap.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Can't remember if it was Pearl Jam at Hi-Fi Buys Ampitheater in Atlanta or Lifehouse/Everclear/Matchbox 20 at the BJCC in Birmingham.

Might have been Incubus at Big Spring Jam. Or was it 311 and Reel Big Fish at Warped Tour? Or Widespread Panic?

Can't remember...those times are a bit...hazy. Smokin

I almost got to see Aerosmith for the Just Push Play tour. My best friend was related to the owner of the major area radio station and got us back stage passes at the BJCC. And the scoreboard in the arena. Fucking. Fell. And they never rescheduled. Angry They had been my favorite band since I was in elementary school when I wanted to be Alicia Silverstone with her pierced belly button and bunjee jump in the video for Cryin'. Dream On was always my favorite, though.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
13-06-2015, 06:01 PM
I think it was this one, but it might have been a Reading Festival before that.

I liked the Comsat Angels and they were supporting some Irish band who came to town.

[Image: 1982%20-%20October%20Tour%2F1981-10-17%2...171081.jpg]

13-06-2015, 07:15 PM
The really fun part???? When each of us saw these concerts -- we were all sure - that we were experiencing an event on par with Woodstock................

but... then....

I dated a lady who was at Woodstock -- and she thought it was a horrid experience................. Nothing to eat, nothing to drink, mud, rain, and stupid people stoned out of their minds............... She just wanted to leave -- and couldn't.............. (yeah, she was several years my senior)

Odd- what we think is a good time, isn't it?????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-06-2015, 07:22 PM
My first big concert was either Weird Al or Rob Zombie. I can't remember which.
13-06-2015, 07:28 PM
(13-06-2015 07:22 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  My first big concert was either Weird Al or Rob Zombie. I can't remember which.

Yeah -- they're so similar -- who could remember????

Huh

Bwaaahahahahahahahhahahahhahah

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-06-2015, 07:31 PM
I know right?! Tongue

I have the memory of a leaky sieve. lol.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
13-06-2015, 09:12 PM
(13-06-2015 04:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The first big one was in about 76 when I went to see Aerosmith. The opening group was Rush who no one had heard of ...

I'm going to ignore this because I like you.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-06-2015, 09:14 PM
(13-06-2015 05:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  At that point Aerosmith was the next big thing, no one really even knew who Rush was. And they were an opening act for an opening act.

It's getting harder to ignore this, Anj.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
13-06-2015, 09:17 PM
My first concert was Judas Priest on March 22, 1984 at the New Haven Coliseum in Connecticut. I was 13 and it was the Defenders of the Faith Tour.

----
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post