Who Was Your First???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2015, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2015 06:07 PM by Whimsymum.)
RE: Who Was Your First???
First concert was Johnny and Edgar Winter in London, Ontario, Canada. I was 15. Johnny's dead now Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2015, 06:03 PM
Elvis in 1973, was the first concert I went to -- sorta. My dad made me go.

I also saw Boz Scaggs...but I don't recall the year -- my dad took me to that too.

A friend dragged me to see led zeppelin in 77 I think. I think it was the last time they toured as a band.

The first concert I went to that I wanted to see was the Grateful Dead at the closing of Winterland. Smile I actually lied to my parents to go to it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-06-2015, 06:44 PM
Don't Laugh.... Andreas and Blackwood. Contemporary christian group in the 80s. My first secular concert was Sting and it was awesome.

**Crickets** -- God
14-06-2015, 08:13 PM
Re: Who Was Your First???
Tool. Big Grin Saw them in the late '90's in Biloxi.
[+] 1 user Likes mecanna's post
15-06-2015, 12:11 AM
Rolling Stones. I made made my pops proud. Smartass
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
15-06-2015, 12:56 AM
I've only deliberately gone to... one bona fide concert... in my life Tongue Apart from drunken band evenings at varsity with local bands - some of whom were decent... But the one I went to properly, with actual tickets and everything... was Mumford and sons in London a couple of years ago. It wasn't bad. Took too bloody long though. I hate stuff where I have to sit around for long periods... it was *very* crowded. You could only buy warm beer for inflated prices. The band was good, I liked their act. Music wasn't super special IMO but they had very strong stage presence.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-06-2015, 08:31 AM
I was 15 when I went to my first proper gig. I saw The Stranglers in 1978 in Dublin. The support act were a new up and coming band called U2.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
15-06-2015, 08:33 AM
(15-06-2015 08:31 AM)Marozz Wrote:  I was 15 when I went to my first proper gig. I saw The Stranglers in 1978 in Dublin. The support act were a new up and coming band called U2.

Ha! Wow. I saw U2 back in the Red Rocks days. Gotta hand it to a band that remains current as the decades pass.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-06-2015, 08:39 AM
(15-06-2015 08:33 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 08:31 AM)Marozz Wrote:  I was 15 when I went to my first proper gig. I saw The Stranglers in 1978 in Dublin. The support act were a new up and coming band called U2.

Ha! Wow. I saw U2 back in the Red Rocks days. Gotta hand it to a band that remains current as the decades pass.

It was a mad night. They found it hard in front of a hardcore punk audience.

http://www.u2.com/news/title/top-hat-bal...blin/news/

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
15-06-2015, 08:42 AM
(15-06-2015 08:39 AM)Marozz Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 08:33 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Ha! Wow. I saw U2 back in the Red Rocks days. Gotta hand it to a band that remains current as the decades pass.

It was a mad night. They found it hard in front of a hardcore punk audience.

http://www.u2.com/news/title/top-hat-bal...blin/news/

THAT is cool.

I have played to hardcore punk audiences while in a ska band. They were awesome! I love punks! Real punks. Not fake Blink 182 punks.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post