Who Was Your First???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2015, 05:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 05:45 AM by Octapulse.)
RE: Who Was Your First???
(13-06-2015 03:57 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Bet you thought this was something else.... (hint - it's in music, not masturbation fantasies)...

This will probably date some of us -- and that's sort of the point. Music is the soundtrack of our lives -- and what you listened to helped shape who you are...

(or some drivel like that, I suppose.... It sounds good - OK??)

What was the very first concert you ever went to??????

Danzig - Thralldemonsweatlive tour, Orange show pavillion. This was after the release of Danzig III

08/13/1993. I was a sophomore in high school

The opening acts were Sacred Reich and the Genitorturerors

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2015, 02:03 PM
Mine was Ratatat at The Complex in Salt Lake City, one of my all time favorite bands! I loved it. I highly recommend their new album, or any of their albums for that matter.

"He who has Science and has Art,
Religion, too, has he;
Who has not Science, has not Art,
Let him religious be!" - Johann Wolfgang von Geothe
Find all posts by this user
09-08-2015, 05:58 PM

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-10-2015, 04:27 PM
Stephen Stills solo concert in Seattle with my big brother.
Heart played the Yakima Speedway after their debut album. That was the second one.
Bruce Springsteen and the E-street band, Chicago, and the last tour by Queen at the Seattle Center Coliseum.
08-10-2015, 08:51 AM
(14-06-2015 08:13 PM)mecanna Wrote:  Tool. Big Grin Saw them in the late '90's in Biloxi.

Tool was my first as well, at Shreveport in 2002.

My favorite was Les Claypool in Austin 2007.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
08-10-2015, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2015 09:40 AM by dancefortwo.)
When I was 6 my parents took me to a Beethoven concert. Big Grin

Actually I was amazed that those instruments up on that stage could all work together and make music. I'm still amazed by this.

Oh, and when I was 8 they took me to see a Van Cliburn piano concert. I think he played a Tchaikovsky piece.....of course.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-10-2015, 09:39 AM
The Divinyls followed by Joan Jet at some club just on Bondi Beach main road/promenade.
08-10-2015, 09:42 AM
My first big concert was Rush Moving Pictures tour.

But the 70's and 80's are a bit hazy so...Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
08-10-2015, 10:29 AM
I still haven't really been to a concert. I was raised going to musicals, but obviously those don't count haha. Closest for me was when the Blue Scholars came to my college and did a show like 6 or 7 years ago.

I don't like most modern rap/hip hop but those guys have some great stuff. Great story tellers.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
08-10-2015, 11:39 AM
The first show I can remember was the Guess Who at the tiny little amphitheater at Monte Sano state park. That would have been 72ish. The best is a hard one. The Rush 2112 or ZZ Top World Wide Texas tours in 76? Tull’s Thick as a Brick in 78? Bad Company, the Eagles, Skynyrd, Zepplin? The 70’s were a great time for concerts. Maybe the $700 VIP seats for Roger Water’s The Wall? Not only were they great seats at a great show complete with hospitality suite, but I went for free because my buddy’s wife decided she didn’t want to go the day before the show.

[Image: TheWall1.jpg]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]