Who Was Your First???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2015, 02:09 PM
RE: Who Was Your First???
(08-10-2015 11:39 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Maybe the $700 VIP seats for Roger Water’s The Wall? Not only were they great seats at a great show complete with hospitality suite, but I went for free because my buddy’s wife decided she didn’t want to go the day before the show.

I would have straight up killed a man for that ticket.

As it is, The Wall Live is my first concert. One of only two I've ever been to, actually, because I'm boring, but goddamn it was amazing.

I didn't realize how huge a production it was going to be when I got the tickets. I just thought it would be Roger Waters performing, and that would have been awesome enough. When I realized that they were actually doing the full thing, with the building of the Wall on stage and the giant puppets and everything, I about died from happiness. One of the coolest things I've ever seen in my life, and since The Wall means so much to me personally, it's one of my happiest memories of me and my father.

On a similar note, getting to see Ian Anderson perform live was also awesome for me and my mother. I hope I'm as energetic as he is when I reach that age. I think I was the only person in the audience under forty, funnily enough.

The end of the concert was hilarious, too. He walked off the stage after performing "Aqualung", the lights came up, and everybody basically acted as though they were done for the evening. Not a single person in the audience stood up. They all just sat there and stared at the stage until the lights went down again and he came running back on, laughing his ass off, and they did one of the greatest renditions of "Locomotive Breath" I've ever heard.

Every single person there knew the song they had come to hear, and they weren't budging until he did it.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
08-10-2015, 03:51 PM
(08-10-2015 02:09 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I would have straight up killed a man for that ticket.

4th row just right of center stage. We were probably within 30 feet of Waters for whole show.

And yep. The Jethro Tull show in 78 was high on my list too although now that I think about it it was probably the Heavy Horses tour instead of Thick as Brick tour. It was just a couple of weeks after they recorded the show at Madison Square Gardens. The recording of Thick as a Brick from the Garden is one of my all time favorites. I had seen them before in 75 too, but that show wasn't as memorable to me as the 78 tour.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
14-12-2015, 11:58 PM
Who Was Your First???
My first cd I ever bought was The Village People best of. I loved it. Then later in 1997 I discovered Hanson. Remember Mmmbop? Yeah that's them. I followed them up until 09. I then later discovered rock music and that I really loved Black Sabbath, AcDc, Kiss, etc.

My first concert I think was Nsync. Then I saw Hanson a bunch of times. Then I saw Black Sabbath in '13. It was their 13 album tour. Amazing show! They played all my favorite songs.

I still like Hanson but not as much as I like rock and roll. Rock and Roll spoiled me with all the guitar solos and licks etc. Smile
15-12-2015, 12:57 PM
My mother took me to a Bruce Springsteen performance when I was a kid that I only vaguely remember. That's probably it.

15-12-2015, 01:26 PM
Queen, April 17th, 1974

Memorial Hall in downtown Kansas City, Ks. I got the tickets for my 17th birthday which was a few days later. My friend Kara and I went, I drove my 1969 white Chevy Malibu with a 283 small block, inline 6 and 3 on the column. Kara and I wore bellbottom hip hugger jeans with tube tops and huaraches sandals (I had a blonde fro).

The seats were in the balcony and the two dudes in front of us shared their stash. We flicked our Bics all night long. Afterwards, we went to IHOP for breakfast with the two dudes in front and later went to a couple of other concerts with them that summer. Good times!

HeartHeartHeartHeart

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
15-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Barry Manilow Laugh out load I grew up listening to him with my parents--so yeah I know he's kinda cheesy, but I still love him Heart

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-12-2015, 08:06 AM
Okay, mine was REO Speedwagon at Deer Creek Music Center now Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville, IN. I was 20 at the time, yes I know...late bloomer...
ROLL WITH THE CHANGES

“Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.”
― Optimus Prime
29-12-2015, 08:12 AM
John Prine somewhere in Boston area, with my sister long time ago. He did a song that I hadn't heard before or since called "I never made it to Woodstock." That is the first time i heard the phrase "If you remember the sixties you weren't there!"
29-12-2015, 08:35 AM
Wow, this is an old thread. Having read my answer I kind of wonder if I was correct. Early on as a child I had the big band albums, Dorsey, Artie Shaw, Goodmen etc. The Carpenters with the Wrecking crew behind them were a huge influence. I recall having a Beach Boys album. Again played on by the Wrecking crew.

Quite possibly the Wrecking crew was my biggest musical influence.

Hal Blaine and Earl Palmer on drums.

I also loved Gene Krupa.

Now of course my influences and loves encompass the globe. I just love good music. I am NOT a fan of bands. In fact I consider a love of a band contemptible. Beneath me.

Bands come and go.Although I do respect bands that stay together, such as The modern jazz quartet, Chicago, Yes etc. Mainly because of the effort it takes to keep a group of people together.

I end to follow individual musicians on their journey. The love of "band"s is for school children.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post