Who are neither theist nor atheist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2013, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 12:21 AM by ShaSha1.)
Who are neither theist nor atheist?
Drishtantoism is a Philosophy that is neither for Theism nor for Atheism. That means, the philosophy doesn’t advocate for traditional Beliefs those are of both theistic and atheistic. It says for such type of religion that admits the acting according to the rules and regulations of the nature. As atheist Aksay Kumar Datta, opposing religious belief Shobuj Taposh did not take the equation: work= crops, worship + work = crops, therefore worship = 0. So Drishtantoist religion is different from both theistic and atheistic religions. What is the Drishtantoist religion? According to the philosophy, a man’s natural and biological behavior is his religion. Here faith is avoided. Shobuj Taposh claimed: if a man is devoted to his body and nature, he needs no faith. Nature means a man’s surroundings. Homeland is mainly considerable. The philosophy avoids faith, as it loves man. But faith is contempt to a man. Because of remaining the matter of ‘slavery’ and ‘mastery’ here, the philosophy doesn’t receive it cordially. Besides, being near at belief, faith is to a great extent God-based. But because of being neither for theist nor for atheist, the philosophy avoids God. It loudly claims that for presenting explanation of the origin of the Universe, there is no need to know the existence of God. And it also claims that for doing good work, a man must not have theistic or atheistic view. To Shobuj Taposh, if a man is devoted to his body and nature, he must be sympathetic to the world, must neglect otherness. In this sphere, the philosophy is near at Postcolonialism. In Drishtantoism, Patriotism is accepted as main religion. Through patriotism a man can be a philanthropist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2013, 12:24 AM
RE: Who are neither theist nor atheist?
(11-01-2013 12:18 AM)ShaSha1 Wrote:  So Drishtantoist religion is different from both theistic and atheistic religions.
Atheism is not a religion, religions are not formed based on the lack of belief in a god.

In regards to the Philosophy... Good for them? They are agnostic in regards to a god.
What's the point?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
11-01-2013, 12:32 AM
[Image: tumblr_lrxte6boly1qlygm0o1_250.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
11-01-2013, 12:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 01:07 AM by Logisch.)
I had to google it, but only found a site that dishonestly misquotes and misconstrued the word of professor hawking in an intellectually dishonest manner. Obviously, they hadn't read his books...

And why the hell do we need a philosophy to tell us we can be good without a belief in god? Pretty much any atheist or agnostic knows this, it's innate in us being human beings. Sounds like a lot of fancy foot work and word play alternative of humanism, but with a lot of stuff that isn't needed attached to it.
11-01-2013, 01:35 AM
It's neither atheism or theism because it's a personnel philosophy. It's a completely different distinction.

You could call the persons "belief" apatheistic. . . yet even in the default system clarification, the person is an atheist. Having no thought upon a God is describable as being atheist.

It also could be considered Huxley agnostic, since it's a matter of thinking it doesn't matter or is unknowable to know of God's existence.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-01-2013, 01:52 AM
(11-01-2013 01:35 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's neither atheism or theism because it's a personnel philosophy. It's a completely different distinction.
All philosophies or religions have become developed personally.
11-01-2013, 02:16 AM
(11-01-2013 01:52 AM)ShaSha1 Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 01:35 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's neither atheism or theism because it's a personnel philosophy. It's a completely different distinction.
All philosophies or religions have become developed personally.
True, that was a redundant word on my point. There is also a difference between a philosophy and a religion. None of this qualifies to what I would declare a religion, so to say it doesn't fit into religious/non-religious labels seems a moot point.

[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
11-01-2013, 02:27 AM
(11-01-2013 12:45 AM)Logisch Wrote:  And why the hell do we need a philosophy to tell us we can be good without a belief in god? Pretty much any atheist or agnostic knows this, it's innate in us being human beings.

The vast popularity of religion in the world seems to show otherwise.

I believe that if every single religious person died right this instant, religion would come back and eventually be just as strong again.

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
11-01-2013, 02:38 AM
(11-01-2013 02:16 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 01:52 AM)ShaSha1 Wrote:  All philosophies or religions have become developed personally.
True, that was a redundant word on my point. There is also a difference between a philosophy and a religion. None of this qualifies to what I would declare a religion, so to say it doesn't fit into religious/non-religious labels seems a moot point.
O'Reilly may disagree

Anyhow, yes, all people have personal philosophies (whether they are well thought out or not) as well as some stance on religion, whether is be indifference, or otherwise. The OP was confusing Religion with Theology and Philosophy. They are not unrelated, but they are also distinct, and are conceptually distinct idea's that are not necessarily mutually exclusive or inclusive (That is to say that one isn't necessarily predicated on the other.)

I realized that looks messy is is difficult to understand, but I nlame that on the OP as well. Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
11-01-2013, 02:45 AM
(11-01-2013 02:27 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 12:45 AM)Logisch Wrote:  And why the hell do we need a philosophy to tell us we can be good without a belief in god? Pretty much any atheist or agnostic knows this, it's innate in us being human beings.
The vast popularity of religion in the world seems to show otherwise.

I believe that if every single religious person died right this instant, religion would come back and eventually be just as strong again.
I agree with you.. I think many would agree with you but probably not for the reasons you believe. Humans have a desire to understand and know things with our conscious minds; religion is a quick fix for that because it gives a presumably grand knowing answer. As long as the early educational resources are limited, the ability to go for easy answers will be strong.