Poll: Who's the bigger scumbag?
Psychics
Faith Healers
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Who are the biggest scumbags on the planet?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Who are the biggest scumbags on the planet?
I was thinking about this in work last night for reasons that I posted in the Ranting Corner.

Who are the biggest scumbags on the planet, and I mean real scumbags? The type who should be brutally tortured to death over a long period of time while they beg for death. I was trying to decide between my own two most hated groups and I'd be interested to see what side of the coin you guys fall on.

Option 1 - PSYCHICS
When I say psychics I mean the pieces of shit who use the pain people feel over the death of a relative for personal profit. The vast majority of these people know they are frauds but are still happy to take the money of people who are bereaved. Many people are prevented from moving of after a bereavement because they become hooked on visiting the psychic and hearing more inane drivel from their dead relative (and by dead relative I mean the psychic themself). They are being preventing from moving forward in life and, not only that, but in most cases they are being charged large amounts of money to be lied to and ripped off.

Option 2 - FAITH HEALERS
Again, I'm talking about a specific type of faith healer here. I'm talking about the scum of the earth faith healers who, not only give false hope to people with terminal illnesses, but even tell them to stop talking the drugs that lessens their suffering. And of course they charge large amounts of money for this. The concept of charging a terminally ill person money for false hope is evil enough but it isn't the bit I struggle with the most. Why do they have to tell them to stop taking their medication, the medication that lessens their suffering? They could make just as much money by doing the same thing but not telling them to stop taking medication. I cannot even fathom the evil in a person's mind that they would do something so twisted without it even being for any benefit. And, like the psychics, they'll do whatever it takes to keep people coming back so they can squeeze every penny outta them. I've even heard of cases where, when the person doesn't get better (they actually get worse because they aren't taking their medication) the faith healer has told them it's their fault because their faith isn't strong enough so they aren't worthy of being saved.

So, who do you think is the bigger scumbag here?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
24-09-2013, 11:58 AM
RE: Who are the biggest scumbags on the planet?
Republicans.
[+] 7 users Like Minimalist's post
24-09-2013, 12:11 PM
At first glance I read physicists or faith healers. I thought to myself "What have the physicists done to piss off, Tim!?"

I vote for both. The are both worst.

24-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Re: Who are the biggest scumbags on the planet?
Homeopathic practitioners.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 3 users Like Phaedrus's post
24-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Wait a minute... who let you out of your cage? Consider

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Oh, great. HoC is talking to himself again.

[+] 3 users Like Dark Light's post
24-09-2013, 12:41 PM
I can't choose. Both prey on people who are hurting whether physically, emotionally or both.
[+] 1 user Likes Dena's post
24-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Faith healers.

I don't hate anyone though and torture never helped anything. Just saying.

Faith healers I think get to people on a much deeper level than psychics. There are a lot more people who won't question faith, but most people are skeptical of psychics.

Many moons ago I was driving through Arizona and there were all these "psychics" who had set up shop along the freeway. They were obviously targeting tourists. For shit and giggles my first hubby and I went in to see one. It cost 5 bucks for a crystal ball reading, which was the cheapest. You could also get cards read and ancestors contacted and that cost more. We went with the crystal ball.

I can't remember what she saw, but it was well worth the money, we did giggle all the way back to California.

I assume most people who patronized these psychics did the same.

You don't get giggles from visiting faith healers.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Faith healers... definitely.

Psychics are twats, but... no one is going to die as a result of being told their dead relatives are communicating with them.

Faith healers on the other hand are risking people's lives, and therefore are beyond just being twats, but are fucking evil.

You can't overlook the lack Jack, of any other highway to ride. It's got no signs or dividing lines, and very few rules to guide - Gerry Garcia
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
24-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Too limited.

Thar's more'n jist them as needs killin'. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post