Poll: Who's the bigger scumbag?
Psychics
Faith Healers
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Who are the biggest scumbags on the planet?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2013, 02:59 PM
RE: Who are the biggest scumbags on the planet?
And they say I necro threads....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2013, 04:25 PM
(24-09-2013 11:56 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  I was thinking about this in work last night for reasons that I posted in the Ranting Corner.

Who are the biggest scumbags on the planet, and I mean real scumbags? The type who should be brutally tortured to death over a long period of time while they beg for death. I was trying to decide between my own two most hated groups and I'd be interested to see what side of the coin you guys fall on.

Option 1 - PSYCHICS
When I say psychics I mean the pieces of shit who use the pain people feel over the death of a relative for personal profit. The vast majority of these people know they are frauds but are still happy to take the money of people who are bereaved. Many people are prevented from moving of after a bereavement because they become hooked on visiting the psychic and hearing more inane drivel from their dead relative (and by dead relative I mean the psychic themself). They are being preventing from moving forward in life and, not only that, but in most cases they are being charged large amounts of money to be lied to and ripped off.

Option 2 - FAITH HEALERS
Again, I'm talking about a specific type of faith healer here. I'm talking about the scum of the earth faith healers who, not only give false hope to people with terminal illnesses, but even tell them to stop talking the drugs that lessens their suffering. And of course they charge large amounts of money for this. The concept of charging a terminally ill person money for false hope is evil enough but it isn't the bit I struggle with the most. Why do they have to tell them to stop taking their medication, the medication that lessens their suffering? They could make just as much money by doing the same thing but not telling them to stop taking medication. I cannot even fathom the evil in a person's mind that they would do something so twisted without it even being for any benefit. And, like the psychics, they'll do whatever it takes to keep people coming back so they can squeeze every penny outta them. I've even heard of cases where, when the person doesn't get better (they actually get worse because they aren't taking their medication) the faith healer has told them it's their fault because their faith isn't strong enough so they aren't worthy of being saved.

So, who do you think is the bigger scumbag here?

Biggest "scum-bags"???
1. Child molesters and rapists (regardless of intent or reason)
2. Top leaders of organized religions.

IMHO...

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
05-11-2013, 05:52 PM
(05-11-2013 12:03 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 11:17 AM)I and I Wrote:  So you discredit what is said about subject x by showing what the same person said about subject a. "This car mechanic likes Brussels sprouts which I think are gross therefore what he says about my car engine must be bullshit".

Are you going to address this ten year study mentioned in the video?

http://mylespower.co.uk/2013/05/22/outri...f-numbers/
Quote:Nancy begins to talk about her study and says, ‘I did a study of the heterosexual transmission of HIV in California and we recruited individuals who were infected with HIV. Then we recruited their sexual partners and we look at whether transmission has occurred.’ As she is saying this, we are shown a picture of the front page of her published research. We then cut to Liam, who tells us that no one in this ten year study contracted HIV from their partners. ‘How many of them of them do you think, after ten years with the world’s most terrifying virulent disease came up positive? Nobody. Nobody. Nobody who was negative came up positive. Zero.’ You might be wondering why Liam is the one discussing the findings and not the scientist who conducted the study. This is because Brent wants to fool the viewer into thinking that no one in the study contracted AIDS from their partner and Liam was probably the only one interviewed who was stupid enough to lie about the research. He is not misinterpreting the data, he is flat out lying and therefore so is Brent. Nancy’s study shows that HIV can be transmitted through heterosexual sex and notes that male-to-female transmission is approximately eight times more efficient than female-to-male transmission. Even in the low resolution copy of the film I found I could clearly see on the front page of Nancy’s paper that it says, ‘Overall, 68 (19%) of the 360 female partners of HIV-infected men (95% confidence interval (Cl) 15.0-23.3%) and two (2.4%) of the 82 male partners of HIV-infected women (95% Cl 0.3-8.5%) were infected.’

I find it hard to understand why Brent thought that it was acceptable to have a man lying about a piece of research on the transmission of HIV (a deadly virus!) in his documentary. I also don’t understand why he missed the opportunity to ask one of the many scientists who have dedicated their lives to HIV/AIDS who feature in his documentary about the paper’s findings. FFS, the documentary featured the woman who actually wrote the paper! Do you think she believes that no one in this study contracted HIV from their partners? The level of deception is truly unbelievable.

Lying about the finding by a creationist is your compelling argument? to quote Earmuffs "I and I you're an idiot"

who cares that she is a creationist, she isn't discussing evolution or creation, she probably wears granny panties and secretly likes to eat pussy, again why does any of this info including yours matter to the subject at hand?

So do you have any evidence for your claim that this study isn't legit?
05-11-2013, 06:16 PM
(05-11-2013 05:52 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 12:03 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://mylespower.co.uk/2013/05/22/outri...f-numbers/

Lying about the finding by a creationist is your compelling argument? to quote Earmuffs "I and I you're an idiot"

who cares that she is a creationist, she isn't discussing evolution or creation, she probably wears granny panties and secretly likes to eat pussy, again why does any of this info including yours matter to the subject at hand?

No the study is legit. If you had bothered to read the links I provided, including the one where all the people interviewed denouncing the movie as pseudoscience and propaganda, you would have seen that noone involved in the study was shown answering the question. Only the nutjob creationist, who was not involved in the study, was allowed to talk about the findings and who then lied about the findings and said basically the opposite of what the findings were.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-11-2013, 06:31 PM
(05-11-2013 06:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 05:52 PM)I and I Wrote:  who cares that she is a creationist, she isn't discussing evolution or creation, she probably wears granny panties and secretly likes to eat pussy, again why does any of this info including yours matter to the subject at hand?

No the study is legit. If you had bothered to read the links I provided, including the one where all the people interviewed denouncing the movie as pseudoscience and propaganda, you would have seen that noone involved in the study was shown answering the question. Only the nutjob creationist, who was not involved in the study, was allowed to talk about the findings and who then lied about the findings and said basically the opposite of what the findings were.

Lied about what?
05-11-2013, 06:35 PM
So wait, the interviews were edited for documentary reasons while the full interviews are on the docs website. Explain how the director of the doc lied? I love how you have formed an opinion on a doc that you haven't seen.
05-11-2013, 06:52 PM
I have more than debunked that "unbiased documentary" and do not wish to bother with I&I's obvious delusions anymore. If anyone else has questions about it I will be more than happy to show you where to find the info.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-11-2013, 07:23 PM
(05-11-2013 06:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I have more than debunked that "unbiased documentary" and do not wish to bother with I&I's obvious delusions anymore. If anyone else has questions about it I will be more than happy to show you where to find the info.

When it comes to debunking the AIDS denialist twits, I can't recommend AIDS Truth highly enough.

If it's already been posted much sorry, very apologies, wow.

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.
06-11-2013, 01:06 AM
(05-11-2013 06:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I have more than debunked that "unbiased documentary" and do not wish to bother with I&I's obvious delusions anymore. If anyone else has questions about it I will be more than happy to show you where to find the info.

So you don't want to listen to what the leading aids researchers say....
06-11-2013, 06:12 AM

The classic internet "I have already proved this wrong and don't want to go into it again".

Hence my response.... Oh yeah, where and when did you do this?

When did you, mr internet guy, prove the scientists wrong that were in this doc? (The scientists in the doc being top leading HIV researchers). When did you, Mr internet guy, learn so much and research so much about aids and HIV? (NEVER).

When did you see this documentary? ( you still haven't even specified that you have seen this documentary).

What scientific reasons do you have for believing that HIV is real? the government says? A lot of other people say so? It feels good to believe because everyone else says it's real?