Who are you???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2011, 06:12 AM
RE: Who are you???
How quickly can you change the subject... Who ever told us that there is nothing faster than light?

I never waste my time on these philosophical questions. They may have a point, but I try not to get tangled into it. Who am I? A person who tries to live in this world and maybe make something useful while there. How do I do it? The best way I know of. Am I controlled/indoctrinated? Yes, of course, same way everybody else is, but I do try to keep an opened mind. Do I see a point in this thread? No. Why am I answering then? Because, you asked, it's polite to answer at least something, since I am already here... Do I feel like it is an important subject with important questions? Yes, only I don't really care much about philosophy.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
22-11-2011, 07:21 AM
I see myself as a person. (well duh)

IMHO, my life's purpose is to help others as much as you can if they deserve it while managing to scrape a living for yourself.

I like radishes.
[+] 1 user Likes Leo von Ridichtofen's post
22-11-2011, 07:27 AM
Does it matter who I am? No. It matters little "who" I am. What matters is what I do.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
22-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Its been interesting reading all of your replys......thanks for sharing.

I would have been just as happy with no replys Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
22-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Using "......." and "???" make this OP so soothing to the eyes. Thank you for taking the time to compose this elegant work of art that is already answered by science. We are matter, a collection of it, that has formed together to create the biological creatures that we are. The brain's chemicals and firing synapses give us thought and recognition as to who/what we are.

Comma, ellipsis, and spell check said they would like to be in the next one by the way.

Oh yeah, and I'm a dick.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes NotSoVacuous's post
22-11-2011, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2011 12:25 PM by bemore.)
(22-11-2011 11:15 AM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  Using "......." and "???" make this OP so soothing to the eyes. Thank you for taking the time to compose this elegant work of art that is already answered by science. We are matter, a collection of it, that has formed together to create the biological creatures that we are. The brain's chemicals and firing synapses give us thought and recognition as to who/what we are.

Comma, ellipsis, and spell check said they would like to be in the next one by the way.

Oh yeah, and I'm a dick.

Your a dick???

...................tanks 4 ur input Big Grin

EDIT: This is the second time you have attacked the way I write NSV. Can I just let you know now that this is something that is never going to change, as I enjoy writing in this way as it is personal to me. If you look on the thread "do you have the balls,vagina to show yourself" you will find a picture of me. If you wish to attack that in some way then feel free my friend Smile

If the way that I write offends your eyes in some way than may I suggest using the "ignore" function Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
22-11-2011, 03:21 PM
The only thing that makes me "me" is continuous existence in time.

My character changes
My body changes
My molecules change

If it wasn’t for time, I had noting to stay myself in

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
22-11-2011, 04:16 PM
I am a collection of 12 particles of matter that interact with the 4 fundamental forces of nature.
I am a collection of elements, molecules and compounds that are capable of reproduction.
I am my brain and my brain is me. As I learn my brain stores this information for later use.
I strive to learn as much about the universe as I can because the one thing I know for sure is that there is a lot that I do not know.
I am not trying to make myself sound complex nor am I trying to make my description complex but rather I am trying to make it simple. We are nearly identical in every way to inanimate objects (atomically and subatomically) but we are incredibly different.
I am merely an observer of the universe living out my time in a fascinating time and place.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
22-11-2011, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2011 08:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-11-2011 03:21 PM)The_observer Wrote:  If it wasn’t for time, I had noting to stay myself in

Uh-oh. We make that time shit up ourselves brother. But I'll leave it to our resident physicist to chime in to correct me.

(22-11-2011 04:16 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I am a collection of 12 particles of matter that interact with the 4 fundamental forces of nature.
I am a collection of elements, molecules and compounds that are capable of reproduction.
I am my brain and my brain is me. As I learn my brain stores this information for later use.
I strive to learn as much about the universe as I can because the one thing I know for sure is that there is a lot that I do not know.
I am not trying to make myself sound complex nor am I trying to make my description complex but rather I am trying to make it simple. We are nearly identical in every way to inanimate objects (atomically and subatomically) but we are incredibly different.
I am merely an observer of the universe living out my time in a fascinating time and place.

Shit dude, I'm still not sure I even am. And Descartes' incorrigible Cogito Ergo Sum sure as shit ain't gonna get me there.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-11-2011, 11:53 PM
(22-11-2011 07:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-11-2011 03:21 PM)The_observer Wrote:  If it wasn’t for time, I had noting to stay myself in

Uh-oh. We make that time shit up ourselves brother. But I'll leave it to our resident physicist to chime in to correct me.
You sure about that Girly?
We made the measurement up according to events around us, but I'm pretty sure that time (defined as the continuous flow of events) already existed before we where here to invent its measurement.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.