Who built the Ark Encounter?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2017, 09:01 AM
Who built the Ark Encounter?
Howdy folks!

I know for the regular readers/contributers of this forum, you're probably well aware that Ken Ham created a "life like" size Noah's Ark. It's a christian amusement park that used 62 million dollars of a TIF (tax increment financing) loan. This means that if the Ark Encounter fails, the Kentucky tax payers swallow the debt.

They never should have had to pay that loan up front, but what's done is done. I'm curious to see how long this Ark will stay "afloat" (*snort hehe*)

My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrD1ljs...6B_gsP7J9g
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2017, 09:03 AM
RE: Who built the Ark Encounter?
Why Jesus done built it. That's why it's so big and purty and *true* an all. PS did I mention it's true?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
06-03-2017, 09:04 AM
(06-03-2017 09:01 AM)OutLoudAtheist Wrote:  Howdy folks!

I know for the regular readers/contributers of this forum, you're probably well aware that Ken Ham created a "life like" size Noah's Ark. It's a christian amusement park that used 62 million dollars of a TIF (tax increment financing) loan. This means that if the Ark Encounter fails, the Kentucky tax payers swallow the debt.

They never should have had to pay that loan up front, but what's done is done. I'm curious to see how long this Ark will stay "afloat" (*snort hehe*)

I personally can not believe they actually got it built and what's even worse is people actually believe the story and travel to it like it is some form of Mecca. I would say that I can't believe that there are that many gullible people in the world but nothing surprises me anymore.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
06-03-2017, 09:30 AM
(06-03-2017 09:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  Why Jesus done built it. That's why it's so big and purty and *true* an all. PS did I mention it's true?

Hahahaha... the sad thing is, many religious people have this mentality.

"Well, Jesus said it, I believe it, and God is amazing. I mean, just look at a sunset. Ain't it beautiful? You tell me right now there ain't no god when you look at that sunset."

*facepalm*

My YouTube channel:
[+] 1 user Likes OutLoudAtheist's post
06-03-2017, 09:31 AM
(06-03-2017 09:04 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 09:01 AM)OutLoudAtheist Wrote:  Howdy folks!

I personally can not believe they actually got it built and what's even worse is people actually believe the story and travel to it like it is some form of Mecca. I would say that I can't believe that there are that many gullible people in the world but nothing surprises me anymore.

I wouldn't necessarily be totally okay with them building this amusement park, considering they try to brainwash children with it. But the fact that they used taxpayer money in a loan completely baffles me.

My YouTube channel:
06-03-2017, 09:35 AM
(06-03-2017 09:31 AM)OutLoudAtheist Wrote:  I wouldn't necessarily be totally okay with them building this amusement park, considering they try to brainwash children with it. But the fact that they used taxpayer money in a loan completely baffles me.

Agreed

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
06-03-2017, 09:54 AM
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

These people will gladly fork over their pennies. Slap the word Jesus on it, and a whole bunch of suckers will line up :/

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like ShadowProject's post
06-03-2017, 09:56 AM
(06-03-2017 09:54 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  [Image: hqdefault.jpg]

These people will gladly fork over their pennies. Slap the word Jesus on it, and a whole bunch of suckers will line up :/

Hahaha... We should make a Toby Robbins "How do get Christian money" motivational video.

My YouTube channel:
[+] 1 user Likes OutLoudAtheist's post
06-03-2017, 12:41 PM
(06-03-2017 09:04 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  I personally can not believe they actually got it built and what's even worse is people actually believe the story and travel to it like it is some form of Mecca. I would say that I can't believe that there are that many gullible people in the world but nothing surprises me anymore.
Not that many are going to see it. Look at the web site, check out the prices, look up the location on Google Maps or similar. It's in the middle of nowhere, Kentucky, so it's trying to be a primary destination that doesn't rely on any other "draws". It's pricey as hell, particularly for the generally under-earning, under-educated fundamentalist parents taking their four kids to see it. My guess is, even most True Believers, will go once, and never again. It's just too out of the way and too expensive.

There have been accounts of nearly-empty parking lots many weekends, etc.

I give it 2 or 3 years, max, unless it gins up some church-sponsored subsidies to keep the doors open. I can't see it being long-term sustainable just from admissions revenue.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
06-03-2017, 02:11 PM
It's only a few miles from Cincinnati.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post