Who can go to heaven?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2015, 03:46 PM
Who can go to heaven?
Galatians 5:19-21 - 19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Definition: Inherits the kingdom of God = Goes to Christian heaven

How is this interpreted from the Christian perspective? Because this pretty much rules out everyone for heaven.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheSkeptic's post
07-06-2015, 03:54 PM
RE: Who can go to heaven?
Here's how it works.....

You ("you" being any random asshole, not you in particular) - by some accident of fate, are born into the exact right place, at the exact right time -- and You, and the other people that go to YOUR church are going to heaven......

Everybody else, including (and maybe especially) those loud, obnoxious and somewhat smelly patrons of that "other" church down the road -- are hellbound.......

Isn't that convenient????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 9 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-06-2015, 07:55 PM
I'd love to see these millions of people lined up and find out that no adult in the history of time has ever been good enough to get into heaven. So far heaven is only populated with screaming babies.

"Send me to hell please."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
07-06-2015, 08:07 PM
(07-06-2015 03:54 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Here's how it works.....

You ("you" being any random asshole, not you in particular) - by some accident of fate, are born into the exact right place, at the exact right time -- and You, and the other people that go to YOUR church are going to heaven......

Everybody else, including (and maybe especially) those loud, obnoxious and somewhat smelly patrons of that "other" church down the road -- are hellbound.......

Isn't that convenient????

Nailed it, whatever version of Christianity a pastor or priest pulls out of his ass becomes the only way to heaven.

Christianity is all gas, it fills whatever receptacle (interpretation) the con artist can come up with, all the con artist has to do is to sell it to the masses to profit.

Christians are experts at creating post-hoc rationalizations for whatever nutty thing they come up with.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
08-06-2015, 01:28 AM
It seems god is quite choosy about who will go to heaven. I don't blame him though, eternity is a long time Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
08-06-2015, 04:29 AM
(07-06-2015 03:46 PM)TheSkeptic Wrote:  Galatians 5:19-21
sexual immorality
impurity
debauchery
idolatry
witchcraft
hatred
discord
jealousy
fits of rage
selfish ambition
dissensions
factions
envy
drunkenness
orgies
and the like.

You should create a poll - The Galatians Poll - to find out how TTA heathens fare.

I'd be stuck on factions. What are factions? Is it something about using facts rather than fiction when determining Troof?

"And the like" ... Methinks the author either ran out of ideas or perhaps was too embarrassed to mention Fisting?

Undecided

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
08-06-2015, 04:34 AM
(08-06-2015 04:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Methinks the author either ran out of ideas or perhaps was too embarrassed to mention Fisting?

Clearly Ferdie was not the author.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
09-08-2015, 01:55 PM
(07-06-2015 03:46 PM)TheSkeptic Wrote:  Galatians 5:19-21 - 19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

How is this interpreted from the Christian perspective? Because this pretty much rules out everyone for heaven.
Yes, everyone deserve hell. We all do at least some of those things. But we can improve ourselves. We can try to be better today then we were yesterday.
Many people do this also. They will go to heaven.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
09-08-2015, 02:07 PM
(09-08-2015 01:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 03:46 PM)TheSkeptic Wrote:  Galatians 5:19-21 - 19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Yes, everyone deserve hell. We all do at least some of those things. But we can improve ourselves. We can try to be better today then we were yesterday.

All of them? Even heathens?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-08-2015, 02:46 PM
(09-08-2015 02:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 01:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, everyone deserve hell. We all do at least some of those things. But we can improve ourselves. We can try to be better today then we were yesterday.

All of them? Even heathens?

Well, I guess faith would still be required. So no. Tongue Wait, do Mormons believe in faith + works?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]