Who can go to heaven?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2015, 02:52 PM
RE: Who can go to heaven?
(09-08-2015 02:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 01:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, everyone deserve hell. We all do at least some of those things. But we can improve ourselves. We can try to be better today then we were yesterday.
Many people do this also. They will go to heaven.

All of them? Even heathens?
yes, there are three degrees of glory in heaven

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2015, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 04:01 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(09-08-2015 02:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 02:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  All of them? Even heathens?
yes, there are three degrees of glory in heaven

annnnd another faith claim, presented as a knowledge claim. Even when you nod your head knowingly while saying it, as if to affirm its truth, in the end it is still unfounded. You don't KNOW there are three levels of heaven or even if heaven exists. Thus you can't make the statement, "There are three degrees of glory in heaven"....what you could say is, "I HOPE there is three degrees of glory in heaven"....or..."I wish there was three degrees of glory in heaven"....or "I believe there is three degrees of glory in heaven" or more accurately, "I have faith there is three degrees of glory in heaven"

Since faith is the belief in something without evidence, THAT would be an accurate statement.

For those who aren't as familiar with the cult of mormonism, they believe in three levels of heaven:

[Image: 2v0yaue.jpg]

[Image: 20f5k7n.png]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-08-2015, 04:02 PM
(09-08-2015 03:56 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 02:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  yes, there are three degrees of glory in heaven

annnnd another faith claim, presented as a knowledge claim. Even when you nod your head knowingly while saying it, as if to affirm its truth, in the end it is still unfounded. You don't KNOW there are three levels of heaven or even if heaven exists. Thus you can't make the statement, "There are three degrees of glory in heaven"....what you could say is, "I HOPE there is three degrees of glory in heaven"....or..."I wish there was three degrees of glory in heaven"....or "I believe there is three degrees of glory in heaven" or more accurately, "I have faith there is three degrees of glory in heaven"

Since faith is the belief in something without evidence, THAT would be an accurate statement.

For those who aren't as familiar with the cult of mormonism, they believe in three levels of heaven:

Looking at that first one makes me feel like I should be investing into a condo or something...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
09-08-2015, 04:04 PM
(09-08-2015 04:02 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 03:56 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  annnnd another faith claim, presented as a knowledge claim. Even when you nod your head knowingly while saying it, as if to affirm its truth, in the end it is still unfounded. You don't KNOW there are three levels of heaven or even if heaven exists. Thus you can't make the statement, "There are three degrees of glory in heaven"....what you could say is, "I HOPE there is three degrees of glory in heaven"....or..."I wish there was three degrees of glory in heaven"....or "I believe there is three degrees of glory in heaven" or more accurately, "I have faith there is three degrees of glory in heaven"

Looking at that first one makes me feel like I should be investing into a condo or something...

AMWAY for the soul Big Grin

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Everyone except Muffsy and Heywood.
Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-08-2015, 06:09 PM
(09-08-2015 03:56 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  you can't make the statement, "There are three degrees of glory in heaven"....what you could say is, "I HOPE there is three degrees of glory in heaven"....or..."I wish there was three degrees of glory in heaven"....or "I believe there is three degrees of glory in heaven" or more accurately, "I have faith there is three degrees of glory in heaven"

God confirmed to me that there are three degrees of His glory. I trust Him.
So, you are right. Because I believe that God told me the truth I believe that there are three degrees of His glory.

09-08-2015, 06:23 PM
(09-08-2015 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 03:56 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  you can't make the statement, "There are three degrees of glory in heaven"....what you could say is, "I HOPE there is three degrees of glory in heaven"....or..."I wish there was three degrees of glory in heaven"....or "I believe there is three degrees of glory in heaven" or more accurately, "I have faith there is three degrees of glory in heaven"

God confirmed to me that there are three degrees of His glory. I trust Him.
So, you are right. Because I believe that God told me the truth I believe that there are three degrees of His glory.

Excellent, now ask yourself...how do you know god confirmed to you that there are three degrees of his glory? Did you hear a voice? Did the little red phone next to your bedside ring and on the other end was god with an urgent message for you? How did you ascertain it was god? Or did you think real hard about it, perhaps uttered a prayer asking for god to reveal the truth to you, and whatever thought appeared next in your mind you contributed to be god answering you? Did you get maybe a warm fuzzy feeling?

I agree that you most likely truly believe that, belief is not the litmus test for truth however. So ask yourself....how do you KNOW.

[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-08-2015, 06:36 PM
(09-08-2015 06:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  God confirmed to me that there are three degrees of His glory. I trust Him.

Third stone from the sun.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-08-2015, 06:44 PM
(09-08-2015 06:23 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Excellent, now ask yourself...how do you know god confirmed to you that there are three degrees of his glory?
by the power of the Holy Ghost

(09-08-2015 06:23 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  How did you ascertain it was god?
He told me and I trust Him. So, yes I believe that there are three glories.
(09-08-2015 06:23 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I agree that you most likely truly believe that, belief is not the litmus test for truth however. So ask yourself....how do you KNOW.
I don't know. I just believe that what God confirmed to me was true.
I believe that He is God because I trust Him. Why? I don't know. I guess the power of the Holy Ghost is very convincing.

09-08-2015, 06:47 PM
(09-08-2015 06:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 06:23 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Excellent, now ask yourself...how do you know god confirmed to you that there are three degrees of his glory?
by the power of the Holy Ghost

(09-08-2015 06:23 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  How did you ascertain it was god?
He told me and I trust Him. So, yes I believe that there are three glories.
(09-08-2015 06:23 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I agree that you most likely truly believe that, belief is not the litmus test for truth however. So ask yourself....how do you KNOW.
I don't know. I just believe that what God confirmed to me is true.
I believe that He is God because I trust Him. Why? I don't know. I guess the power of the Holy Ghost is very convincing.

You do realize the Holy Ghost has only three fingers and when he holds them all up he doesn't mean three, right?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post