Who can go to heaven?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2015, 11:14 PM
RE: Who can go to heaven?
The current president of the church is named Thomas Spencer Monson. Every president of the church is considered to be a prophet, seer and revelator of the word of god (essentially his mouth piece on earth).

With this in mind, twice a year the church holds what is called "General Conference" which is a time for members to receive 'revelation' and sustain the officers (prophets & apostles) of the church. Every temple worthy member of the Mormon faith is 100% expected to have absolute faith in the current president of the church, in all his spiritual capacities. So, if a person believes the gospel is true, then they must also believe the prophets words to be true, in all gospel capacities. Including but not limited to (revelation, doctrinal changes, policy decrees, organizational additions and subtractions, etc).

General Conference can be viewed on BYUtv every April and October, for those interested in viewing the pageantry first hand. Sessions from past conferences are also uploaded to the churches YouTube account.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmic Discourse's post
09-08-2015, 11:19 PM
(09-08-2015 10:44 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 10:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  Then they are insane Smile

Which makes you a follower of admittedly insane people.

Yes. Logic is not strange thing to you.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
09-08-2015, 11:20 PM
(09-08-2015 11:14 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  The current president of the church is named Thomas Spencer Monson. Every president of the church is considered to be a prophet, seer and revelator of the word of god (essentially his mouth piece on earth).

With this in mind, twice a year the church holds what is called "General Conference" which is a time for members to receive 'revelation' and sustain the officers (prophets & apostles) of the church. Every temple worthy member of the Mormon faith is 100% expected to have absolute faith in the current president of the church, in all his spiritual capacities. So, if a person believes the gospel is true, then they must also believe the prophets words to be true, in all gospel capacities. Including but not limited to (revelation, doctrinal changes, policy decrees, organizational additions and subtractions, etc).

General Conference can be viewed on BYUtv every April and October, for those interested in viewing the pageantry first hand. Sessions from past conferences are also uploaded to the churches YouTube account.

Great, a copy of Byzantine Orthodox Xianity.

I thought Queen Elizabeth was the modern mouthpiece for Jebus? Or was that the Pope? Dali Lama? Bill Smith, who lives up the street?

So many arseholes. So little time to ridicule them all.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
09-08-2015, 11:21 PM
(09-08-2015 10:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 10:11 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes. And why are you reminding me this?

Wow. So you admit you're nuts.
Yes,
(09-08-2015 10:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You said god told you this and that. since the only thing that happened, happened inside your head, you clearly hear voices. Are you locked up now ?
I am not sure. I don't think so.

09-08-2015, 11:24 PM
(09-08-2015 11:20 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 11:14 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  The current president of the church is named Thomas Spencer Monson. Every president of the church is considered to be a prophet, seer and revelator of the word of god (essentially his mouth piece on earth).

Great, a copy of Byzantine Orthodox Xianity.

I thought Queen Elizabeth was the modern mouthpiece for Jebus? Or was that the Pope? Dali Lama? Bill Smith, who lives up the street?

So many arseholes. So little time to ridicule them all.
It's enough to make the average (moderately religious) persons head spin. That's why most of them never open the books of their professed faith for an honest look.
[+] 2 users Like Cosmic Discourse's post
10-08-2015, 03:43 AM
The only heaven I want/need is rolling around with my wife.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
10-08-2015, 03:56 AM
(09-08-2015 01:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 03:46 PM)TheSkeptic Wrote:  Galatians 5:19-21 - 19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Definition: Inherits the kingdom of God = Goes to Christian heaven

How is this interpreted from the Christian perspective? Because this pretty much rules out everyone for heaven.
Yes, everyone deserve hell. We all do at least some of those things. But we can improve ourselves. We can try to be better today then we were yesterday.
Many people do this also. They will go to heaven.

If everyone rightly deserves hell, then why don't they do the honourable thing and take what they deserve? Why try to be a coward and weasel out of it?
10-08-2015, 04:48 AM

Quite the racket they got goin there.
You give us your money.
We tell you what an invisible man says.

Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-08-2015, 05:12 AM
(10-08-2015 04:48 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Quite the racket they got goin there.
You give us your money.
We tell you what an invisible man says.

Facepalm

Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Mormonism....are all slightly different versions of the same shit...give us your money, and your kids, we'll fuck you over and tell you what the invisible man in the sky thinks of you...
[+] 4 users Like Mark Fulton's post
10-08-2015, 05:42 PM
(10-08-2015 03:56 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  If everyone rightly deserves hell, then why don't they do the honourable thing and take what they deserve? Why try to be a coward and weasel out of it?
I like your questions. They are very, very good questions.
Because everybody also deserves a second chance. Thumbsup