Who could make you think about batting for the other team?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2014, 10:12 AM
RE: Who could make you think about batting for the other team?
This thread seems to show that the hetero male isn't able to admit to seeing something appealing in another man where the hetero female is able to say she appreciates another woman's allure.

And I am just going there (hetero) because that's what I am. I can't speak for someone who is attracted normally to the same gender. Please, no one go all apeshit on me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2014, 10:14 AM
(26-05-2014 10:08 AM)kim Wrote:  I don't know about that so much... for women, I don't think it's so much an "emphasis on physical attractiveness" ... it's more like the entire package. But that entire package may be initially attracted by a single visual queue which has nothing to do with sex or gender per se.

There's a visual, animal thing that strikes the eye and connects with something in the brain that sends out the signals but, it could just be a single thing which has nothing to do with sex or gender even though we may associate it that way because it excites us: the twinge.

Nice voices and expressive eyes do it for me. Doesn't matter if it's from a man or a woman. I'm not even sure what makes a nice voice. Well rounded, soft, soothing ...
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
26-05-2014, 10:15 AM
(26-05-2014 10:14 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 10:08 AM)kim Wrote:  I don't know about that so much... for women, I don't think it's so much an "emphasis on physical attractiveness" ... it's more like the entire package. But that entire package may be initially attracted by a single visual queue which has nothing to do with sex or gender per se.

There's a visual, animal thing that strikes the eye and connects with something in the brain that sends out the signals but, it could just be a single thing which has nothing to do with sex or gender even though we may associate it that way because it excites us: the twinge.

Nice voices and expressive eyes do it for me. Doesn't matter if it's from a man or a woman. I'm not even sure what makes a nice voice. Well rounded, soft, soothing ...

Sam Elliott...swoon, again...he could read the phonebook to me and I would be putty in his hands.

Or Sean Connery...same effect.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-05-2014, 10:19 AM
(26-05-2014 10:15 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 10:14 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Nice voices and expressive eyes do it for me. Doesn't matter if it's from a man or a woman. I'm not even sure what makes a nice voice. Well rounded, soft, soothing ...

Sam Elliott...swoon, again...he could read the phonebook to me and I would be putty in his hands.

Or Sean Connery...same effect.

Patrick Stewart for me.

My husband does a brilliant impression of Sean Connery because he grew up in the same part of Edinburgh.
26-05-2014, 10:21 AM
(26-05-2014 10:12 AM)Anjele Wrote:  This thread seems to show that the hetero male isn't able to admit to seeing something appealing in another man where the hetero female is able to say she appreciates another woman's allure.

And I am just going there (hetero) because that's what I am. I can't speak for someone who is attracted normally to the same gender. Please, no one go all apeshit on me.

I would counter propose that it is a generational thing as most of the objectors have been older. As to the hetero-male vs Hetero Female dynamic that is cultural. Bi-curiosity is tacitly approved in women while looked down on in men.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
26-05-2014, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2014 10:31 AM by Anjele.)
(26-05-2014 10:21 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 10:12 AM)Anjele Wrote:  This thread seems to show that the hetero male isn't able to admit to seeing something appealing in another man where the hetero female is able to say she appreciates another woman's allure.

I would counter propose that it is a generational thing as most of the objectors have been older. As to the hetero-male vs Hetero Female dynamic that is cultural. Bi-curiosity is tacitly approved in women while looked down on in men.

Yeah, I get that. But as I explained in posts after the first one...not who you want to have hot monkey sex with...but who makes you pause and say...that's a good looking man or woman...or there's something about that person that's alluring.

26-05-2014, 10:24 AM
(26-05-2014 06:44 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 06:37 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, yeah. It's easier to lie when you don't mean it... Rolleyes

To add we are also supposed to be batting for the opposite team, if EvolutionKills and I said that we would be cheating. With muffs being gay he can say that and it would count as passing because he is, in fact, batting for the opposite team.

I'm gay so that means I'm batting for the other team?

huh... interesting choice of words. Not words I would have chosen because homosexuality is clearly superior to heterosexuality in every way except ease of reproduction (though with adoption and fancy insemination tech, it's not impossible to be a gay parent) WHICH I would argue is a con because children suck and noting wanting children but ending up with them anyway sucks even more.
So if anything, you're the one batting for the other team son.
26-05-2014, 10:27 AM
(26-05-2014 10:14 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  

Yes - the whole package - it's a sense queue - could be visual or aural or ... anything sensual. Sometimes ... smells do it for me.... olfaction. The associations can be quite strong ... very animal. Blush

That's why perfumers can make a fortune off every ounce sold! Bastards have us nosy folk over a barrel. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
26-05-2014, 10:45 AM
In all honesty, I don't think there is one for me. Since I'm a straight forward hetero, even the most feminine of men are nothing in comparison to the 'real deal', i.e. feminine women. I really tried to scavenge through my memories, but I couldn't find a man crush of mine no matter what. Too bad for the guys, all the better for the girls, I guess.

The most striking one from the preferred team til date would probably be:

[Image: Liba.jpg]

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
26-05-2014, 10:48 AM
(26-05-2014 10:45 AM)John Wrote:  [Image: Liba.jpg]

She has lovely cheek bones. Some of the most naturally beautiful women have nice cheek bones like that I find.