Who did you talk to in 3d today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2016, 03:12 PM
RE: Who did you talk to in 3d today?
(12-08-2016 03:10 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 02:55 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  What if I talk to someone using a binaural microphone?

JDog,

Not sure how many dimensions that would count as?

D.

Binaural Microphones record 3D sound. The result when listened to with headphones is the same as if you are hearing it with your own ears in the 3D space.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2016, 03:32 PM
Who did you talk to in 3d today?
Isn't that 4D... or is that just when water sprays you a bit?

Hmm, my parents & a pizza section lady at the supermarket

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-08-2016, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 05:00 PM by Anjele.)
My husband. And a some pleasantries with three or four workers at the grocery store.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-08-2016, 04:04 PM
(12-08-2016 03:12 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Binaural Microphones record 3D sound. The result when listened to with headphones is the same as if you are hearing it with your own ears in the 3D space.

JDog,

Understood. Pre-apologies for pickiness. I'm thinking that 3D sound is still just sound, so we wouldn't be seeing or being able to feel the person.

OTOH, talking directly to a person is more direct than posting on a computer keyboard. However, if I saw someone in 3D on a computer screen and talked directly with them using mics, then would that count as 3D in the sense of the OP question?

This sounds like a pub conversation, but not a 3D one. Smile

D.
12-08-2016, 04:09 PM
The bank teller.

A store clerk.

Megabyte

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
12-08-2016, 04:14 PM
(12-08-2016 03:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My husband. And a some pleasantries with a three or four workers at the grocery store.

Hi Anjele,

I do like the word "pleasantries", it is so refreshing and gentle to hear in our current Trumpfilled world. Smile

My encounters were also pleasantries today, and I expected nothing less than the kindness of strangers.

D.
12-08-2016, 05:41 PM
I sapake with my live in girlfriend as made omelettes for breakfast, then to the Haitian gardener who works for the land lady, and then to the kid who cuts my hair. Here it is common to have the barber come and do it in one's home. I pay 125 pesos to him instead of 100 pesos at the barber shop. That is with the pesos at 45.5 to the dollar. Damn near $3.00 USD
12-08-2016, 05:55 PM
My husband, my son, a counter person at the Post Office, a lady I opened the door for at the ATM kiosk, two people at Dunkin Donuts, my clarinet teacher and his husband, and three servers/greeters at the restaurant where we ate dinner.
12-08-2016, 10:08 PM
(12-08-2016 01:29 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  gave husband a peck on his way out the door for work, talked with the kids, to the dog, a neighbor kid was here too for a bit.

I'm considering ditching a pool party with a couple other families we know at the neighborhood pool this evening to celebrate a birthday. Eh, just don't feel like 3D socializing today, it would require me getting out of my pajamas and smiling. Some days that just seems like more work than I want to take on.

I went to the party. Chatted with neighborhood friends for a bit, then left.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
13-08-2016, 01:54 PM
My wife and I went to the farmers market and spoke with several vendors and I spoke to some shoppers. I am the gregarious one.