Who did you talk to in 3d today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2016, 02:03 PM
RE: Who did you talk to in 3d today?
Granddaughter's birthday party starts in an hour. It's being held at the home of friends of my daughter and son-in-law. I will know a few of the people there...actual human interaction required. Kill me now. Weeping

The worst part isn't the number of strangers that will be there. The worst part is having to attempt to make polite conversation with daughter's mother-in-law. Her birthday was yesterday too. The nicest thing I can saw about her is that no one has to remind her to breathe...yet. Undecided She is dumb...dumb...dumb. She lives in a bubble, knows nothing about the world, believes EVERYTHING she reads on Facebook, and she soooooo loves her jebus. Sadcryface

I will get to meet my daughter's friend who recently started working at the vet clinic we use. I may be able to have a conversation with her...here's hoping.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Hi,

Talked to a man in the park today. He had a beautiful tattoo on his arm. Starting at the wrist was a woodland scene going up his arm and then tiny birds in the tops of the trees. A real work of art.

He was grateful for my compliment and then told me that he planned a 'beach scene' on the other arm.

NO!! One good nature tattoo is cool, if you like it, but turning himself into a mural? What is it when folks can't stop with the tattoos? Confused

D.
13-08-2016, 02:23 PM
(13-08-2016 02:16 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

Talked to a man in the park today. He had a beautiful tattoo on his arm. Starting at the wrist was a woodland scene going up his arm and then tiny birds in the tops of the trees. A real work of art.

He was grateful for my compliment and then told me that he planned a 'beach scene' on the other arm.

NO!! One good nature tattoo is cool, if you like it, but turning himself into a mural? What is it when folks can't stop with the tattoos? Confused

D.

It's addictive. I have a beach scene from my right knee down to the ankle. Along with five other tattoos that are much smaller. Haven't gotten any ink in a few years.

If I do get more it will be when I figure out what to put on my chest to camouflage my mastectomy scars.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
13-08-2016, 02:35 PM
(13-08-2016 02:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-08-2016 02:16 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

D.

It's addictive. I have a beach scene from my right knee down to the ankle. Along with five other tattoos that are much smaller. Haven't gotten any ink in a few years.

If I do get more it will be when I figure out what to put on my chest to camouflage my mastectomy scars.

Yes, they are addictive and they are for the pleasure of the person who owns it. I have seen pics of Anj's - very beautiful.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
13-08-2016, 02:39 PM
I screwed up my days this morning and drove my middle schooler over to our former neighbors house so she could babysit. We were a day early, so instead we were invited in for coffee and had breakfast.

it was great to catch up with her, we used to talk daily but since school has been out our schedules have been crazy.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
13-08-2016, 03:53 PM
(13-08-2016 02:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If I do get more it will be when I figure out what to put on my chest to camouflage my mastectomy scars.

Anjele,

I saw a TV programme about a tattoo artist who specialized in ultra realistic tattoos of nipples for women after mastectomys and reconstructive surgery.

One woman said that she had been unable to go into public changing rooms at the swimming pool because of embarrassment. However, with the tattoos no one noticed and she felt fine about it. Of course surgery can be more or less invasive and I have a friend who lost her breasts entirely. Thankfully she is still alive and pain free, but I have another acquaintance who never recovered from breast cancer surgery and suffers daily pain and problems with any kind of clothing, many years after the operations.

I hope that your recovery has been as complete as possible.

Good thoughts,

D.
13-08-2016, 05:39 PM
(12-08-2016 02:24 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Nobody. It's been a good day so far and looks to continue that way. Thumbsup

Lots of email and a little TTA but that's it.

Tomorrow will require live interaction with other people for a few hours anyway, perhaps longer. Undecided

Sunday should be quiet again (literally!) Thumbsup

Spoke with a close friend this morning by phone but I guess that's only 2.5d. That was good but then I had almost 4 hours of having to deal with 3d people in close proximity. I am completely drained. People are exhausting.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
16-08-2016, 11:29 AM
(13-08-2016 05:39 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Spoke with a close friend this morning by phone but I guess that's only 2.5d. That was good but then I had almost 4 hours of having to deal with 3d people in close proximity. I am completely drained. People are exhausting.

unfogged,

Some 3d conversations can be very draining. There is a kind of hangover effect which lingers.

I feel sorry for folks working in retail or hospitality who are prisoners to the job and have to smile and listen to customers for 12 hours a day or more. When I'm a customer I try to remember that I am not the only customer this person has had to deal with today.

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post