31-07-2012, 02:57 AM
RE: Who do you side with?
About what I expected...

[Image: 39986148.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Been sharing iSideWith for a while. It's rather interesting to see how people match up.

[Image: 31475820.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm gonna be honest, I don't even know what 90% of these people say on such issues.
[Image: qwuiz.png]

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
15-08-2012, 06:52 PM
(17-07-2012 04:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  I got halfway through but they didn't have options for "don't know fuck all about this, want to abdicate my responsibility to vote about it", which is how I felt about everything nearly up to the point I quit. Not that I do have any responsibility anyway. When the world goes to shit I'm blaming you Americans Tongue

You'll go shit because America won't be able to feed the rest of the world when global warming catches up with us. Tongue

[Image: 47164729.jpg]

Fruck yeah. Voting for Obama though, no need to waste a vote.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
15-08-2012, 09:11 PM
(15-08-2012 06:52 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Fruck yeah. Voting for Obama though, no need to waste a vote.

I still to this day to not understand this line of reasoning... Unless the vote happens to be in one of those very few swing states or Maine/Nebraska that split electoral college votes, I don't see how voting for one of the two main parties has more impact.. Hence is not throwing away the vote.

A single third party vote has a more significant impact in the possibility that party, candidate, or 3rd party movement can grow to be less of a non factor in future elections. If there was less of that thinking and more encouraging of third parties that many times may be what folks agree with, the votes may matter more and more to a point no vote cast could be considered wasted.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-08-2012, 04:58 AM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2012 05:02 AM by Logica Humano.)
(15-08-2012 09:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(15-08-2012 06:52 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Fruck yeah. Voting for Obama though, no need to waste a vote.

I still to this day to not understand this line of reasoning... Unless the vote happens to be in one of those very few swing states or Maine/Nebraska that split electoral college votes, I don't see how voting for one of the two main parties has more impact.. Hence is not throwing away the vote.

A single third party vote has a more significant impact in the possibility that party, candidate, or 3rd party movement can grow to be less of a non factor in future elections. If there was less of that thinking and more encouraging of third parties that many times may be what folks agree with, the votes may matter more and more to a point no vote cast could be considered wasted.

Considering the fact that Jilly girl won't win no matter what, I am not going to throw my vote for her. The third party won't win, and that is why it is a decision between the two parties, Republicans and Democrats. Since when as voting ever been about what you really believe in?

17-08-2012, 01:08 AM
Jill Stein at 95%
17-08-2012, 05:01 PM

I live in Maryland. I can afford to waste a vote. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
17-08-2012, 05:42 PM
(17-08-2012 05:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I live in Maryland. I can afford to waste a vote. Wink

When has our vote ever really mattered? That is what I am asking.

17-08-2012, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2012 07:27 PM by ClydeLee.)
(16-08-2012 04:58 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(15-08-2012 09:11 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I still to this day to not understand this line of reasoning... Unless the vote happens to be in one of those very few swing states or Maine/Nebraska that split electoral college votes, I don't see how voting for one of the two main parties has more impact.. Hence is not throwing away the vote.

Considering the fact that Jilly girl won't win no matter what, I am not going to throw my vote for her. The third party won't win, and that is why it is a decision between the two parties, Republicans and Democrats. Since when as voting ever been about what you really believe in?

This still doesn't explain the logic here... A vote matters only if the candidate voted for wins????

Candidate A wins by 10,000 votes in your state... You voted for candidate A.. If not, he only would of won by 9,999 votes. Your vote mattered more than a vote for anybody else in the race how?

I had these same conversations in 2008 and since. My sister back then told me, she was undecided at the time because she didn't want to vote for the loser.. I have no idea why this is of any concern to a person.

If millions of people stopped having the attitude of when does our vote really matter... it would then matter. As for now, eh.. but mattering or being thrown away are different. What some may say is a throw away can make an impact on the future elections. Maybe the rules have changed in the superpac era.. but before if a party received just 5% of the popular vote in a election, they would be benefited in federal funds in further election campaigns. I think Nader only got half of that in 2000.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson