Who do you support, Israel or the Palistinians?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 09:26 AM
RE: Who do you support, Israel or the Palistinians?
I'm generally not one for finger-pointing. The mess was made, and now people have to deal with it. Otherwise, people are just going to keep dying. So without going into the history of Israel, I think huge mistakes were made on both sides, and the parties of god (in the words of Christopher Hitchens) have retarded progress in this matter (on both sides).

Since this thread is about choosing sides, I will side with Palestine. I always root for the underdog.

Also: Islam isn't the only terrorist-producing religion. Religion drives people to do horrible things because they believe god is on their side. There are Jewish terrorists too. You'll come across a few if you read up on the history of Israel. And dare I mention my own Catholic countrymen? There was a time when being Irish Catholic automatically branded you as a terrorist.

We'll solve this when we flush all religions down the toilet. While we're at it, let's also flush tribalism down the toilet. The terms "Arab" and "Jew" should have no meaning in today's world.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
29-01-2013, 09:40 AM

(29-01-2013 09:26 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  I'm generally not one for finger-pointing. The mess was made, and now people have to deal with it. Otherwise, people are just going to keep dying. So without going into the history of Israel, I think huge mistakes were made on both sides, and the parties of god (in the words of Christopher Hitchens) have retarded progress in this matter (on both sides).

Since this thread is about choosing sides, I will side with Palestine. I always root for the underdog.

Also: Islam isn't the only terrorist-producing religion. Religion drives people to do horrible things because they believe god is on their side. There are Jewish terrorists too. You'll come across a few if you read up on the history of Israel. And dare I mention my own Catholic countrymen? There was a time when being Irish Catholic automatically branded you as a terrorist.

We'll solve this when we flush all religions down the toilet. While we're at it, let's also flush tribalism down the toilet. The terms "Arab" and "Jew" should have no meaning in today's world.

Everything in there makes perfect sense, i just got a problem with dropping the idea of ethnic culture, as i am proud of my nordic germanic heritage. That is my identity, and i am not my own self if i should lose that heritage.

But religions need to go... Crusades and jihads need to stop or else the middle east will eventually degrade into nuclear war.
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 06:34 PM
This thread hurts my mind.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
29-01-2013, 08:02 PM
That history lession is still coming btw Icelandic.

It's been sitting in a reply in a tab in my broswer since last night, just gotta get round to finishing it.
It's quite extensive as is all my history lessions.
For a forum post that is.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
29-01-2013, 08:42 PM

Man youre full of yourself arent you. I keep thinking you remind me of stewie, but im sure that merely a coincidence..........
29-01-2013, 08:45 PM
(28-01-2013 03:25 PM)That Icelandic Wrote:  I can get the israelies protecting themselves and everything, but ya gotta see West Banks side of the argument too. The western countries created a country for foreign people on the lamd the palistinians had been living on for generations and they were just kicked out.
The western countries had a lot of practice with North America, South America, Australia, and Africa.
29-01-2013, 09:00 PM

Very true
29-01-2013, 09:01 PM

So... Earmuffs... how old are you exactly?
29-01-2013, 09:10 PM
(29-01-2013 08:42 PM)That Icelandic Wrote:  Man youre full of yourself arent you. I keep thinking you remind me of stewie, but im sure that merely a coincidence..........
Just because my historical knowledge is superior to that of your own doesn't mean that I am full of myself.

And I'm 21. Why? You gonna play the "because you seem like you're 12" card?
You mad because you don't know the topic you wanna disscuss bro?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
29-01-2013, 09:21 PM

Oh im sure youre knowledge of this topic is far superior to mine, judging by the fact that im 7 years your junior ya dickhead. And the slightly more evolved thing... Yeah i detect a person who thinks the universe revolves around him and his snarky comments insted of the sun.

And id love ta see that little history essay youve got for me, which is either a: from a college essay you had to do, or b: something you did because you have absoloutly nothing else to do with your spare time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Should America Support Israel? Wicked Clown 246 2,304 14-08-2014 04:31 PM
Last Post: Baruch
  Iranian President tells Israel it should sign non-nuclear treaty. I and I 19 596 02-10-2013 01:05 PM
Last Post: ridethespiral
  Will Syrian Rebels attack Israel to get US intervention? I and I 0 189 12-09-2013 09:25 AM
Last Post: I and I
  What will happen to Israel when Syria is attacked? I and I 6 299 01-09-2013 11:19 PM
  Kenyan lawyer takes Israel, Pontius Pilate to Hague over Jesus’ death Vlad 3 282 17-08-2013 02:51 PM
Last Post: Vlad
  Why is Israel helping Alqaeda in Syria? I and I 45 1,330 18-07-2013 03:42 PM
  European Union imposes sanctions on Israel. I and I 6 355 17-07-2013 01:30 PM
Last Post: ridethespiral