Who else secretly wants the shit to really hit the fan?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2017, 01:38 PM
RE: Who else secretly wants the shit to really hit the fan?
(14-03-2017 01:15 PM)julep Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 11:11 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  What particular attachment do you have to this country? It's going to waste away sooner or later like everything else.

I have a kid.

Exactly- unfortunately, not all of us are in a position to simply stop giving fucks. No kids here, but if I lose my job and/or my healthcare, I cannot continue treatment for conditions that I really need to treat. Also, if gay marriage gets banned, then what happens to my marriage?

I would much prefer action that changes the system from the inside, not by overthrowing it if at all possible.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
14-03-2017, 01:48 PM
(14-03-2017 12:04 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I've said this before (maybe not here) and I'll say it again -- if a large-scale nuclear war happens, I want to be at ground zero, because life will be sheer hell for the survivors. Being consumed by nuclear fire is your best option in that scenario.

Back in the 1980s, when Reagan was president, I was very concerned about the possibility of nuclear war, and read a number of books on the subject. "Being consumed by nuclear fire is your best option in that scenario" was my conclusion as well. Gasp
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
14-03-2017, 02:15 PM
(14-03-2017 01:38 PM)Emma Wrote:  I would much prefer action that changes the system from the inside, not by overthrowing it if at all possible.

It's really the only option you've got. Overthrowing the government... when civil war is better than whatever the fuck Trump and his eejit cronies cook up... You'se all better hope to hell it doesn't come to that.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-03-2017, 02:15 PM

[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
14-03-2017, 02:20 PM
(14-03-2017 01:48 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 12:04 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I've said this before (maybe not here) and I'll say it again -- if a large-scale nuclear war happens, I want to be at ground zero, because life will be sheer hell for the survivors. Being consumed by nuclear fire is your best option in that scenario.

Back in the 1980s, when Reagan was president, I was very concerned about the possibility of nuclear war, and read a number of books on the subject. "Being consumed by nuclear fire is your best option in that scenario" was my conclusion as well. Gasp

All it took for me was watching "The Day After" ... and the panel that followed the airing. That was my first exposure to Carl Sagan, too.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
14-03-2017, 02:36 PM
(14-03-2017 02:15 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 01:38 PM)Emma Wrote:  I would much prefer action that changes the system from the inside, not by overthrowing it if at all possible.

It's really the only option you've got. Overthrowing the government... when civil war is better than whatever the fuck Trump and his eejit cronies cook up... You'se all better hope to hell it doesn't come to that.

God I'm hoping in 2 years we can overturn the house and senate. Weeping
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
14-03-2017, 06:27 PM
(14-03-2017 02:20 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 01:48 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  Back in the 1980s, when Reagan was president, I was very concerned about the possibility of nuclear war, and read a number of books on the subject. "Being consumed by nuclear fire is your best option in that scenario" was my conclusion as well. Gasp

All it took for me was watching "The Day After" ... and the panel that followed the airing. That was my first exposure to Carl Sagan, too.

You should see the British equivalent of that movie called Threads ten times more accurate and twenty times more terrifying than the day after. Its on you tube I think.
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
15-03-2017, 03:29 AM
(13-03-2017 08:28 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I figure I'm about ready for this whole shithole to go up in flames. Fuck it.

It is going to be bad. Very Bad. But if the dumbshits would re-elect Bush, you've got to suspect that indeed things have to get far more crazy stupid to wake the dumbshits up. So yeah, I hope the incompetence is so bad America will finally be done with the GOP. Bush, Trump, Brownback, Jindal, Rauner, apparently to get competence back in the government we need a truly tremendous meltdown of epic proportions.

So the Democrats will get to run things but with the provision that America wants a true, working system, competence, and no more crazy, sloppy, or half-assed government.

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
15-03-2017, 04:05 AM
(14-03-2017 09:32 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Banjo, it looks like Australia has only twenty-somethings, all the women have implants and skin cancer doctors do a booming business.

Yeah, it's awesome! Thumbsup

(14-03-2017 09:49 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Washington, Oregon and California would be better forming their own country. They are large enough. California would dominate though because it has a much larger population so best to merge the states or split into new ones. But each state's population is large enough to exist as an independent country.

Is somebody planning to cross the Rubicon???

(14-03-2017 09:52 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 09:36 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Good idea. They can invite the New England states as well. The US can then devolve into the theocracy that the rest seem to want. (NY, PA, and NJ can petition to join as well)

ETA: it'd be nice to bring along Hawaii too

Illinois and the North East too. Then Mexico and New Canada can build a big beautiful wall and make Great America pay for it.

A civil war to end the Republic eh... Where have I heard that before? Angel

(14-03-2017 10:55 AM)Dom Wrote:  That is my favorite dream.

You poor sod. Sad

(14-03-2017 02:15 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

Great minds... Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-03-2017, 04:36 AM
I was just thinking the other day, I really need to start making some emergency medical tourism plans, just in case I ever need to make a quick getaway to a sane country for medical treatment of some sort. Anybody got any suggestions?... or countries to avoid? Would I require dual citizenship? Consider

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?