Who here hates Kevin Durrant?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2016, 08:43 PM
Who here hates Kevin Durrant?
Not me. He signed with my team this past summer. To me he is a hero. After years and years of cellar dwelling the Golden State Warriors built one hell of a team through the draft along with a trade for Igoudala and Bogut. Only Igoudala was obtained by throwing money at the problem. Bogut arrived by way of the Monte Ellis trade, their own draftee.

This year the "Big Four" are Kevin Durrant, Steph Currie, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green. All but KD came by way of the draft. Super sub Shawn Livingston was a find and a bargain. This year we got David West and Zaza Pachouli because good older players want rings.

So any other basketball fans here? I gave up on baseball years ago when they went on strike. I can't stand to watch Concussion ball anymore. Never was into Hockey.[/gloat]

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2016, 01:51 AM
RE: Who here hates Kevin Durrant?
I don't follow it but I do enjoy watching that Currie fella make ridiculously stupid shots.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-12-2016, 11:00 AM
I find it hard to sustain interest in a basketball game over the full course of the game, because they score so often that any individual score is almost meaningless in determining the outcome. It's kind of the opposite of hockey or soccer (football to non-Americans), where I always feel like "Wake me up when someone scores".

However, I do like to watch these sports (and any sport, really) for short periods, because extreme athleticism is beautiful to watch. It just amazes me that people can do things like this with their bodies.

I don't know enough about Kevin Durant to like him or dislike him as a person, but I do know that he's one of the best players in the NBA, and now plays for what was already the best team in the NBA even before they got him. On paper, they should be unbeatable now, but we know it never works out that way. Should be an interesting season. Great time to be a Warriors fan.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
20-12-2016, 11:06 AM
(20-12-2016 11:00 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I find it hard to sustain interest in a basketball game over the full course of the game, because they score so often that any individual score is almost meaningless in determining the outcome.

Yup. That's why I like college basketball better. Women's college basketball. It's slow enough that I can actually see plays develop. I'm not sure there are any plays in pro basketball other than give me the ball and stand in front of that guy in my way.

#sigh
20-12-2016, 11:39 AM
I used to watch baseball and I still glance now and then at football games, particularly college games. But I have always loathed basketball. Even in high school when the only thing to do in town was to attend school sporting events, I hated basketball season. The sound of sneakers squeaking on waxed wood floors and all that running back and forth was annoying as hell. Going to the game was just a way to get out of the house. Even wrestling was better than Bball.

Unless it's a few minutes of The Harlem Globetrotters you won't find me watching basketball.

The only player I am familiar with is Dirk...'cause Dallas. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
20-12-2016, 10:13 PM
(20-12-2016 11:06 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-12-2016 11:00 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I find it hard to sustain interest in a basketball game over the full course of the game, because they score so often that any individual score is almost meaningless in determining the outcome.

Yup. That's why I like college basketball better. Women's college basketball. It's slow enough that I can actually see plays develop. I'm not sure there are any plays in pro basketball other than give me the ball and stand in front of that guy in my way.

I always felt that way when I tried to play myself .. nothing impressive, adult leagues that kind of thing. Not only is women's basketball easier to follow but they try to play a better quality game. That is what I like about the Warriors. It's why Charles Barkley says they play 'girly basketball'. But the highest level of play is one which utilizes everyone and the ball moves constantly until you find the best shot available. Old style NBA is one on one hero-ball. Boring and so far from optimal.

20-12-2016, 10:17 PM
(20-12-2016 11:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I used to watch baseball and I still glance now and then at football games, particularly college games. But I have always loathed basketball. Even in high school when the only thing to do in town was to attend school sporting events, I hated basketball season. The sound of sneakers squeaking on waxed wood floors and all that running back and forth was annoying as hell. Going to the game was just a way to get out of the house. Even wrestling was better than Bball.

Unless it's a few minutes of The Harlem Globetrotters you won't find me watching basketball.

The only player I am familiar with is Dirk...'cause Dallas. Undecided

To me basketball is right up there with soccer in terms of the capacity for creativity. I find the best players are incredible athletes and as graceful as dancers. But I can see how the game played at a low level might just look frenetic and disjointed .. the way I used to play.