Who humiliated David Cameron ? What do you think ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2013, 02:24 AM
RE: Who humiliated David Cameron ? What do you think ?
(07-12-2013 12:52 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 10:58 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Acutually I am more interested in your title "ɥɐıssǝɯ ssɐpɐq". What does it mean ? I am a translator, you know, so I am quite curious.

Have a nice weekend.
ɥɐıssǝɯ ssɐpɐq is badass messiah flipped upside down. If that was a joke just call me Capt. ObviousBig Grin

I thought it was Russian or a like. I tried google translate and got no positive result ...

badass messiah Dodgy brilliant!

Much better than a user name I once invented, tinmaddog.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2013, 02:28 AM
Thanks for the article HUJ.

Seeing a Conservative leader humbled brings me great pleasure.

Is that bad?

Also, happy to see you back on the forum.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
07-12-2013, 02:34 AM
(07-12-2013 02:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Thanks for the article HUJ.

Seeing a Conservative leader humbled brings me great pleasure.

Is that bad?

Also, happy to see you back on the forum.

Kind of gotten absorbed by Diablo III and tons of work showed up at the same time awaiting to be done ...

Happy to be back online, too.

[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
07-12-2013, 03:35 AM
(07-12-2013 02:34 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Kind of gotten absorbed by Diablo III and tons of work showed up at the same time awaiting to be done ...
I assume you're looking forward to "Reaper of Souls" as much as I do? We should play together some time. Wink

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
07-12-2013, 03:47 AM
(07-12-2013 03:35 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 02:34 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Kind of gotten absorbed by Diablo III and tons of work showed up at the same time awaiting to be done ...
I assume you're looking forward to "Reaper of Souls" as much as I do? We should play together some time. Wink

That will be cool.

After my recovering from my recent crushing defeat under the expert/hardcore mode, I think ...

07-12-2013, 04:51 AM
(06-12-2013 09:20 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  England ...

I personally thank England sincerely for two sentences: [1] Truth only exists in the range of the cannons (no likely the original quote, which was said by Bismarck, demonstrated again by the Opium Wars), [2] A country does not have permanent friends, only permanent interests.

Here's the news:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree...jing-china

David Cameron's humiliation in Beijing may yet serve a useful purpose

Rarely have the exaggerated pretensions of a British prime minister been so harshly and humiliatingly brought crashing to earth as with David Cameron's policy on China. China's leaders are too skilled in diplomacy to state it bluntly during Cameron's current Beijing visit, but the rest of the world, including numerous British commentators, knows exactly what has occurred.

Last year Cameron met the Dalai Lama, which in China's terms has about the same level of subtlety as Xi Jinping meeting Alex Salmond to "wish him well" in his campaign for Scottish independence or de Gaulle's notorious 1967 "Vive le Québec libre" speech. It was predictably met with the "big freeze" – British ministers being refused meetings with their senior Chinese counterparts.

Cameron seems to have believed that China's leaders would blink first in the ensuing standoff – as though the world's second largest economy, with 7.8% growth, needed help from a UK whose GDP has not even regained its level of five years ago. It didn't happen and, as Simon Jenkins put it, "Cameron could hardly have grovelled lower. Downing Street sources say Britain has now 'turned a page' and is 'looking to the future'; it will show 'mutual respect and understanding'." The lesson that China is now a great power and Britain is not was forcibly driven home.

This humiliation for Cameron regrettably inevitably reflects on the country he leads. But the policy of seeking the best mutually beneficial ties between Britain and China should be resumed.

These relations are in reality, not just as a trite phrase, a potential "win-win situation". Britain needs China's investment in its infrastructure, China as a market for faltering exports, and to grab a small proportion of the 100 million Chinese tourists who will soon be travelling abroad. China needs Britain's hi-tech knowledge in areas such as life sciences, and London, the world's biggest foreign exchange trading centre, as a base for its currency's internationalisation.

All Cameron did was to make these relations more difficult. Not even the British government believes its official rhetoric that its earlier policies had no effect on economic ties. If that were true, Cameron would not feel the need to eat political humble pie and lead the biggest ever group of business leaders to China.

Some general lessons can be drawn from this episode. Seen from China, Britain's attempts to claim some moral high ground in its dealings with the country have no credibility. What is Britain's record? Its first major encounter with China was to send troops to force the country to import British opium. Then it seized the island of Hong Kong – perhaps the Chinese government will ask for the Isle of Wight in compensation. Then its troops destroyed the summer palace in Beijing – perhaps the People's Liberation Army should loot and burn Buckingham Palace. Britain lectures China on democracy in Hong Kong when, in the whole time the UK ruled the island, it never allowed democratic government until it realised it would be forced to return its colony to China. Or, to come up to the present, Britain was the chief US ally in an invasion of Iraq, which led to hundreds of thousands of deaths while China raised more than 600 million people – more than the EU's entire population – out of poverty.

David Cameron's political career is coming to an end. After he loses the 2015 general election, and the Tory party has carried out the ritual slaughter of the failed leader, the new prime minister, Ed Miliband, may want to ponder the more general lessons of Cameron's Chinese fiasco for British foreign policy as he plans his Beijing visit.

There are many things people all over the world want from this country in which we can take pride – investment, Shakespeare, science, humour, pop music and trade, to name but a few. But it would be good to apologise for, and stay out of, things the world did not want to receive from this country – visits from gunships, opium, seizure of islands and interference in their internal affairs.

If that more general lesson can be absorbed, Cameron's current humiliation in Beijing will have served a useful purpose after all.

So... Mr. Cameron visited a guy who wishes he was as awesome as llamas, and the Chinese government got pissy with him?

I don't get it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-12-2013, 11:22 AM
(06-12-2013 11:55 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  I asked "any sound data to support the 'against their will' question" ?

And here I ask again: any sound data to support your comparison that the "sex slave" situation is happening to the minority group of Tibetans ?

Dude, you gotta have a sound foundation before you raise an arguement. Or, do you ?

Actually no, because I disclosed that I don't know what Tibetans want, and don't know about the situation. I asked you a hypthetical question.... What if the people of Tibet held a vote and unanimously agreed that Tibet should be independent. Should they be allowed to determine their own fate? Or should they require the approval of the non-Tibetan Chinese?

Also saying they can just abandon their land and their homes which they own and have been handed down for generations and live as refugees elsewhere, imo, sounds silly. Please answer this... Just like Tibet is part of China, China and most countries in the world are part of the United Nations. So, if China was unhappy with the arrangement and wanted to leave the UN but the rest of the UN nations didn't want to let China go, would you argue that means the 1.3 billion Chinese need to abandon China, hand over the land, resources, and wealth of China to the UN, and find some island that wasn't part of the UN to live on? If not, if you feel China should be able to leave any union that no longer serves its interests and shouldn't have to surrender their land to do so, then why does the same not apply to Tibet?
07-12-2013, 07:35 PM
(06-12-2013 11:18 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 11:01 PM)shallwechat71 Wrote:  how many people from Tibet want to be free from china?.....what happens should the 1.3 billion Chinese want to keep Tibet but the people from Tibet want to leave china and stake it out on their own. or visa versa?

just curious

As for the "how many" question, I am also curious about it. I don't know the number, yet does not feel like bothering to find out a number satisfactory to all viewers.

What if People from Tibet want to leave China and the 1.3 billion Chinese want to keep it ? It is pretty much the current situation: go away all as they like, but please leave the land undisturbed behind.

What if the 1.3 billion Chinese people want Tibet to leave yet it wants to stay? Highly unlikely. As an emulation, let's see what will happen to Greece and Spain first.

Tibet is not part of China, regardless of the opinion of 1.3 billion Chinese. Only the people of Tibet have a lawful say in that.

I respectfully suggest that 1.3 billion Chinese go fuck themselves.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-12-2013, 07:55 PM
(07-12-2013 07:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  I respectfully suggest that 1.3 billion Chinese go fuck themselves.

Since there's 1.3 billion, I think they're doing that just fine Thumbsup

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
[+] 1 user Likes djkamilo's post
07-12-2013, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 08:11 PM by Free Thought.)
(07-12-2013 07:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 11:18 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  As for the "how many" question, I am also curious about it. I don't know the number, yet does not feel like bothering to find out a number satisfactory to all viewers.

What if People from Tibet want to leave China and the 1.3 billion Chinese want to keep it ? It is pretty much the current situation: go away all as they like, but please leave the land undisturbed behind.

What if the 1.3 billion Chinese people want Tibet to leave yet it wants to stay? Highly unlikely. As an emulation, let's see what will happen to Greece and Spain first.

Tibet is not part of China, regardless of the opinion of 1.3 billion Chinese. Only the people of Tibet have a lawful say in that.

I respectfully suggest that 1.3 billion Chinese go fuck themselves.

Chas, whether we or anybody else likes it or not, when it comes to territory force of arms has the right of way and the power of decision.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.