Who humiliated David Cameron ? What do you think ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2013, 08:12 PM
RE: Who humiliated David Cameron ? What do you think ?
David Cameron.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-12-2013, 08:19 PM
(07-12-2013 08:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 07:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  Tibet is not part of China, regardless of the opinion of 1.3 billion Chinese. Only the people of Tibet have a lawful say in that.

I respectfully suggest that 1.3 billion Chinese go fuck themselves.

Chas, whether we or anybody else likes it or not, when it comes to territory force of arms has the right of way and the power of decision.

I said 'lawful'. And the ChiCom was trying to make their aggression justified.

The ChiCom can go fuck himself.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2013, 08:24 PM
(07-12-2013 08:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 08:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Chas, whether we or anybody else likes it or not, when it comes to territory force of arms has the right of way and the power of decision.

I said 'lawful'. And the ChiCom was trying to make their aggression justified.

It's how things work; I can't really think of a single lawful national land-grab in history.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-12-2013, 08:25 PM
(07-12-2013 08:24 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 08:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  I said 'lawful'. And the ChiCom was trying to make their aggression justified.

It's how things work; I can't really think of a single lawful national land-grab in history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Purchase

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-12-2013, 08:27 PM
(07-12-2013 08:24 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 08:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  I said 'lawful'. And the ChiCom was trying to make their aggression justified.

There are many examples of an aggressor nation losing territory in a war. Serves them right.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2013, 08:30 PM
(07-12-2013 08:25 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 08:24 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  It's how things work; I can't really think of a single lawful national land-grab in history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Purchase

Pretty sure there is a significant difference between purchasing land from another nation and taking it by force, should have made that more clear.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-12-2013, 08:33 PM
(07-12-2013 08:30 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 08:25 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Purchase

Pretty sure there is a significant difference between purchasing land from another nation and taking it by force, should have made that more clear.

You said land grab and that was the biggest in history. What followed was genocide of the native peoples and near extinction for the majority of the native species but it was all done completely legally.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-12-2013, 08:35 PM
(07-12-2013 08:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 08:24 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  It's how things work; I can't really think of a single lawful national land-grab in history.

There are many examples of an aggressor nation losing territory in a war. Serves them right.

That's at least slightly justified; compensation but it's not really when I had in mind when I said 'land-grabs'. I was thinking on the lines of China-Tibet, where the 'land-grab' was a military takeover of another nation or it's territory...

07-12-2013, 08:37 PM
(07-12-2013 08:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 08:30 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Pretty sure there is a significant difference between purchasing land from another nation and taking it by force, should have made that more clear.

You said land grab and that was the biggest in history. What followed was genocide of the native peoples and near extinction for the majority of the native species but it was all done completely legally.

Touché, Mr. Salesman. I'll try to be more careful with my words in the future.

07-12-2013, 08:44 PM
(07-12-2013 07:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  Tibet is not part of China, regardless of the opinion of 1.3 billion Chinese. Only the people of Tibet have a lawful say in that. I respectfully suggest that 1.3 billion Chinese go fuck themselves.

Chas, I agree with you completely. But here's a question. Do you agree this should apply universally? That Québec should be allowed to secede if a majority of Québécois want to, regardless of the rest of Canada? And that Texas should be allowed to secede if a majority of Texans want to, regardless of the rest of the USA?

If so, then you agree with me that Obama was wrong to say that Texas is not allowed to secede, just like the Chinese are wrong to say Tibet is not allowed to do so?