Who is our next Hitchens ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2012, 08:06 PM
RE: Who is our next Hitchens ?
No doubt Dawkins for me is equal to Hitchens just different styles. Sometimes I feel like a little science and sometimes just a good old fashion f you.

Just happened to be listening to a couple of TTA podcasts today. For me Seth ranks very high with excellent content and delivery. Would love to see him debate.

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Wish there could have been a TV show made called The Four Horsemen where these 4 men fight religious figures and prominent apologists and religious radicals and such.

Could be a Saturday morning cartoon.
[+] 1 user Likes ElectricEthan's post
06-02-2012, 10:05 AM

You ask "Who is the next Hitch?"

WE ALL ARE!

Take his approach and mirror it. Fight with facts. Show no respect for your opponents delusion/insanity. Why should anyone's opinion about religion be respected if they believed as an adult that there is a monster under their bed, or any other nonsense?

Respect the Person, not their insanity...and do so with facts and a Hitchslap!

WE ARE ALL THE NEXT HITCH!!

pass it on................

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Denicio's post
06-02-2012, 05:28 PM
(06-02-2012 10:05 AM)Denicio Wrote:  Respect the Person, not their insanity...and do so with facts and a Hitchslap!

Hitchslap. I love it. Man that should be trademarked.

I am . . . until I'm not
06-02-2012, 07:37 PM
(03-02-2012 08:06 PM)free2011 Wrote:  No doubt Dawkins for me is equal to Hitchens just different styles. Sometimes I feel like a little science and sometimes just a good old fashion f you.

Just happened to be listening to a couple of TTA podcasts today. For me Seth ranks very high with excellent content and delivery. Would love to see him debate.

Seth's last name is...?

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
06-02-2012, 07:57 PM
(06-02-2012 05:28 PM)free2011 Wrote:  
(06-02-2012 10:05 AM)Denicio Wrote:  Respect the Person, not their insanity...and do so with facts and a Hitchslap!

Hitchslap. I love it. Man that should be trademarked.

Hitchslap is a known term among journalist. He had been doing his thing for 40+ years. His attack on theism was just the last chapter in the Hitch legacy. He was fighting stupid on all fronts for some time.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
06-02-2012, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 10:21 PM by free2011.)
(06-02-2012 07:57 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Hitchslap is a known term among journalist. He had been doing his thing for 40+ years. His attack on theism was just the last chapter in the Hitch legacy. He was fighting stupid on all fronts for some time.

Interesting, I never heard it used before. Now I miss him even more
(06-02-2012 07:37 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(03-02-2012 08:06 PM)free2011 Wrote:  No doubt Dawkins for me is equal to Hitchens just different styles. Sometimes I feel like a little science and sometimes just a good old fashion f you.

Seth's last name is...?

No clue. I don't think it's ever been published. I've only seen it as The Thinking Atheist (aka Seth)

I am . . . until I'm not
07-02-2012, 09:01 AM

Seth's last name is...?

There is a VERY good chance that SETH is not his 1st name, so a last name is of no consequence. Seth needs the comfort of anonymity for his day job and more importantly for his families sake.

I think Hitch's job is done, he's left us with a volume of reading and a ton of video...its up to each one of us to follow in his footsteps. THATS the best way to further the cause and pay tribute to a brave man.

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
08-02-2012, 08:52 PM

Seth's last name is...?

ANDREWS !!!

I am . . . until I'm not
08-02-2012, 09:04 PM
I think there is a growing number who (as Seth put it in his inspiring tribute) can "take it from here". For eloquence / erudition, there is Steven Fry. But for the debauched / Dylan Thomas-esque persona, we probably need a few Celts. I'm half Celt and half Jewish (like Hitch and Fry, on the side that counts) but what I don't have is the factor that made Hitch so perfect for his role... his astounding memory / retention of ... well... everthing he ever read.