Michael Myers
Ash
Other/more (see below)
[Show Results]

Who is your favorite horror movie icon?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2012, 12:42 PM
RE: Who is your favorite horror movie icon?
Ash of course... No one is as badass as Bruce Campbell.

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2012, 12:48 PM
My top three:
It
Freddy Kruger
Jack Torrence

It was probably the first horror that got to me because having an evil clown was so unexpected for me and gave me chills. Clowns have no negative assosiation for me, they are an art, not evil. And this movie broke that picture for me.

Freddy Kruger, obviously a great horror series! Apart from that recent remake I love all the movies. They give you chills for the simplicity of using nightmares to frighten you even more.

Jack Torrence for the the great way of how he is going insane, how it shows. I haven't read the book but for the movie, the acting is great!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Oh, I also really like Bub.

[Image: bub-zombie-300x285.jpg]

[Image: opforum1.png]
10-10-2012, 03:24 AM
Count Orlok, the best Vampyre ever in the 1922 silent classic, Nosferatu, played by Maximilian Schreck.

This movie is such a treat.
[+] 1 user Likes depat's post
10-10-2012, 06:04 AM
(10-10-2012 03:24 AM)depat Wrote:  Count Orlok, the best Vampyre ever in the 1922 silent classic, Nosferatu, played by Maximilian Schreck.

I've got a big framed poster of the Count in my house. I also have a necklace that features him laying inside a coffin. It cost me about $80

[Image: nosferatu.jpg]

As for OP's question; I've gotta go with Jigsaw. He's not just a snarling monster who wants to slash people or murder camp counselors. In fact, he's quite the opposite. He's a man who goes to ingenius lengths to teach others the value of life. He isn't just out for blood. He isn't deranged. He's a man of principle, and realizes that some people require a little extra "push" in order to be better, more upstanding individuals.

I like Jason's mask, and I like Pinhead's otherworldly horrors, but Jigsaw remains my favorite and most respected "villain", precisely because he's not a villain.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2012, 07:13 AM
Michael Myers. I always liked he original films (Halloween 1, II, and H20[ just for continuity's sake])

Plus, his story is just awesome. It leaves a lot to be imagined, his character.... And then there are the remakes, which are total shit.

The only thing I liked about the remakes was michael's mask.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
10-10-2012, 08:23 AM
(10-10-2012 06:04 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 03:24 AM)depat Wrote:  Count Orlok, the best Vampyre ever in the 1922 silent classic, Nosferatu, played by Maximilian Schreck.

I've got a big framed poster of the Count in my house. I also have a necklace that features him laying inside a coffin. It cost me about $80

[Image: nosferatu.jpg]

As for OP's question; I've gotta go with Jigsaw. He's not just a snarling monster who wants to slash people or murder camp counselors. In fact, he's quite the opposite. He's a man who goes to ingenius lengths to teach others the value of life. He isn't just out for blood. He isn't deranged. He's a man of principle, and realizes that some people require a little extra "push" in order to be better, more upstanding individuals.

I like Jason's mask, and I like Pinhead's otherworldly horrors, but Jigsaw remains my favorite and most respected "villain", precisely because he's not a villain.

I had a hard time between Freddy and Jigsaw. For pure horror I had to go with Freddy. Jigsaw is my favorite character, though. I love the Saws... my absolute favorite horror series. There is so much to them... and Jigsaw is just like you said... not a villain.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]