Who is your hero?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2016, 08:08 PM
RE: Who is your hero?
People who buy TVs and leave the plastic on.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like earmuffs's post
28-03-2016, 09:36 PM
My son's mother. She's a great woman and a fantastic mother. She's fought a running battle with cancer for almost two decades (most recently this winter, when she sent cervical cancer an eviction notice), and lives with passion, grace, and fire.
[+] 10 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
28-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Who is your hero?
My grandmother. She felt the need to take in my mother and my uncle when their birth mother died. Though I have none of her blood in my veins, I am and will always be proud to call myself her grandson. She was the inspiration for my tattoo.
[+] 6 users Like Clockwork's post
28-03-2016, 11:41 PM
(28-03-2016 07:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My hero is Banjo. Big Grin

Yes, our Banjo. If nothing else but for giving cancer a kick in the nuts.

Yes, yes. Our Banjo. Heart

Mom's, you brought a tear to my eye.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-03-2016, 06:11 AM

I am very humbled by this. I am also very grateful. Just be sure to remember I am not alone. I see so many others who also fight hard. And children and their distraught parents.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Blush

(28-03-2016 07:26 PM)skyking Wrote:  I can go with that ^

As above. Thank you very much.

(28-03-2016 08:00 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm with Moms-Banjo for sure. My dad. Anyone in the military. People who overcome major obstacles in life with strength, dignity, grace and channel all of that into a way to put good out into the world. People who are brave enough to follow their own path and say fuck you to society.

Jenny is, like moms and others, a person who inspires me through their intelligence and ability to make others happy.

(28-03-2016 11:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Yes, yes. Our Banjo. Heart

Mom's, you brought a tear to my eye.

And mine.

My heroes? Well over the last couple of years my heroes have been people involved in the field of medicine.

Nurses for example. Such as our very own nurse.

While in hospital I went through a phase of heavy falls. 18 in total if I recall. During one such fall this tiny lass quite literally dived beneath me to avert my head from striking the floor. She put her own safety at risk in order to save me.

I am lucky enough to have witnessed these people working so very hard while being treated poorly, hold themselves together and show such patience that it is beyond me.

When I was in the ICU I was unable to do much for myself. Certainly too feeble to shower myself. I have had nurses shower me. Even going so far as to wash my privates while getting wet themselves.

My heroes are those whose spirit, whatever one wants to call it, is built on this type of kindness.

Again to my dear friends above. Thank you so very much. You too, have shown a level of kindness towards me when I have literally been insane while under the influence of heavy drugs that is above and beyond.

Many thanks to you all. Bowing

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 11 users Like Banjo's post
29-03-2016, 08:17 AM
My hero was my aunt (my dad's sister). She was a rock in the emotional storm that was my family. She was secular, smart, witty, kind and giving. Her and my uncle couldn't have kids so she kind of took my sister and me under her wing. I spent a lot of time with her, it probably save me from an early death.

She was a liberal in a consetvative family. She died of cancer when I was 14. I miss her every day. I can only hope that she would be proud of how I turned out. I think she would.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
29-03-2016, 08:19 AM
The only time I see a hero is when I look in the mirror! 'Hot Damn!' I say "that's me.'
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
29-03-2016, 01:46 PM
(29-03-2016 06:11 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

I am very humbled by this. I am also very grateful. Just be sure to remember I am not alone. I see so many others who also fight hard. And children and their distraught parents.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Blush

On a very serious note, when this thread came up you were instantly the first and ONLY person who jumped to my mind that personified what a hero is.

You've looked death in the face and vowed to not go quietly. You've eloquently rebuffed the attempts of religious folk selling their brand of comfort. You're just all sorts of awesome!

It is I who feel humbled by you and I'm honored to consider you a friend. Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-03-2016, 06:48 PM
Anyone who genuinely wants to help people, and not harm them.

[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
29-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Grown staunch cracker redneck men who can sing I Feel Pretty - West Side Story at the klan meeting.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post