Who killed more people in the Bible? God or Satan?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
25-04-2010, 11:08 PM

RE: Who killed more people in the Bible? God or Satan?
(25-04-2010 09:55 PM)Ceryle Wrote:  Likely because the bible, is a barbaric iron age hodgepodge of detritus material from both living and dead mythos. Christianity did not get where it is today through love and peace. It survived because it killed its competition, in bloody battles.

Who killed more people God, and His churches or atheists?
Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2010, 11:18 PM

Hmm...well there's the classical flood for starters, that was almost every living human on earth killed, in one fit, according to the bible. And then I'm going to take a wager that there have been quite a few church collapses over the years, while occupied.

Killings by individuals claiming atheism? Hmm, again, quite a few I imagine. As many as religious individuals? Nope, not possible. Why? Well for starters, because of sheer numerical differences.

...not that a straight up contrast of killings made under the influence of an implied deity, or lack thereof, necessarily proves anything.
25-04-2010, 11:36 PM
(25-04-2010 11:08 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Who killed more people God, and His churches or atheists?

Wow, you really like tipping the odds against the Clergy, eh?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2010, 03:10 PM

but how certain can you be that those numbers when they are specified are accurate. the bible took a thousand years to compose ,and we all know peoples tendency especially retarded ones to use the exclamation point to make a point. in this case increasing the death toll to convince people to fear god and belief because of it. not to mention the concillies who changed it some more. find me original texts you wont find without a archeological degree and i might agree with the numbers. or prove this guy had one and did it of the original text. if not i am not convinced by their scientific validity and continue to view it as a funny thing to tell my friend.
26-04-2010, 05:06 PM

One word.

Crusades.
26-04-2010, 05:21 PM
I would make the obvious Monty Python reference, but I'm pretty sure that Martin is expecting us to bring up the Spanish Inquisition.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
26-04-2010, 06:12 PM

uhm if we are talking of how the text itself is misused to justify the crusades. we can also make a claim that science enabled modernwarfare which has led to significantly more causalties than ever before. both are misused neither intended it but nonetheless thats how they were used. a simple means to a end.
26-04-2010, 06:15 PM

True enough, but if we are to take the word of the bible for truth, then I don't think that any could compare to the flood, to be honest.
26-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Lets not confuse atheism with science.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
26-04-2010, 06:26 PM
(26-04-2010 06:21 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Lets not confuse atheism with science.

Who was?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner