Who killed more people in the Bible? God or Satan?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
26-04-2010, 06:38 PM

RE: Who killed more people in the Bible? God or Satan?
well to be honest i dont know if the flood really killed many people taking into consideration the exponential growth of populations. one would need to determine a rough sketch how long it was since the garden of eden till the flood. to guess at how many peoply died. but thats assuming normal conditions in the modern world. back than they had malthusian checks like disease wars etc to keep the population in check and more importantly the total size of the population was restricted by the food production which in those days was very inefficient so i doubt we are talking in the millions. though just the jews alone in WW2 by a nerve gas invented through the knowledge of science. it already trumphs that imaginative number.

so who killed more i'm going with science over the bible just because it kills more efficiently and there are more people to kill nowadays. for innumerable reasons
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2010, 06:42 PM

You do realize that the flood drowned the entire world, not just the natives of the small area in the middle east; that'd be untold millions even back then.
26-04-2010, 07:17 PM

yeah and i'm talking in the billions. science hasnt just recently made killing easier it has been doing so since man came to be. from stone to copper to iron and now to composite materials. becoming ever more efficient to the point that one asks, why is it that much killing power even needed. rifle ranges become longer tanks more robust. they even designed a entire new way of warfare using electronics to kill people without ever exposing themselves to danger. drones are a common example. it used to take considerable determination or brainwashing to kill people. because you had to stop viewing them as human. now with just a push on a button and numbers on a screen you have to remind yourself that those numbers represent lives.

and i still claim that i doubt that on the entire world there were that many people due to mathusian checks and considering the expanse of the earth. millions isnt a whole lot.
26-04-2010, 07:46 PM

And...where did the ability to conceive of science originate from? {From a theistic viewpoint.}
27-04-2010, 04:40 AM

not sure but i;m guesing it was the snake who told them to eat the apple which contained wisdom and some other stuff. in short it was the equivalent to pandoras box.

so according to the bible we can assume science was never supposed to exist in the first place. well no wonder god banned them from paradise if he already knew they were going to effectively kill him in the future, because of the apple. ( god of the gaps idea)

but nowadays christians assume it was granted by god right. hmm than i can just copy your standpoint that the gift of reason is innocent. it was how man decided how to use it and the giver of that ability is free of blame.
but that still leaves the problem of that he created amoral humans, which might be explained as a necessary evil. the down in my happiness bit.
27-04-2010, 07:48 AM

Sure, and then who created the fruit? Not to mention the humans naturally curious nature?
27-04-2010, 11:05 AM

the naturally curious nature is a effect from the apple but i always wondered too why it was created in the first place. it contained godly knowledge right, so it stands to reason a divine creature made it. so lucifer(the devil/satan) a fallen angel must have done it. bible do you back me up on that. bible gives a big thumbs up.

your turn Smile
27-04-2010, 01:06 PM

...You're saying that the tree containing fruit with forbidden knowledge was placed there, by Lucifer? Also, how could the curious nature be an effect of the apple, if it was the curious nature that enabled Lucifer, in the form of a snake, to tempt Eve in the first place?
27-04-2010, 01:14 PM

oops mixed that one up i guess then. i have never read the bible so forgive if i dont know it by heart.

( yes in religion class i did read a few pages but never voluntarily, my knowledge is mostly just summaries and critiscisms )
27-04-2010, 01:37 PM

Know it by heart? I should think that'd be an unpleasant feat to accomplish.