Who knew the resident homophobe was such a badass...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
18-09-2013, 07:17 AM
RE: Who knew the resident homophobe was such a badass...
Quote:I gave you exactly what you asked for.

No you didn't.
You failed to point out where I'm spamming the forum with a negative attitude towards Woof. You only pointed out threads HE made and a couple posts that date back to when the original thread was a thing.
You implied I dragged this everywhere and yet how many of my posts did you have to read to find a couple lines here and there buried in a longer posts about other things?

You're absolutely wrong about me dragging this all over the place.

Quote:You can continue to try and justify your racist comments by either trying to qualify them in some sort of context you think makes them non-racist (kind of like a theist screaming 'context' when you mention things in the bible) or you can continue to try and use a definition of 'racist' that makes you immune to criticism of your comments (like a theist changing definitions or using an obscure one without making that known in order to claim victory in an argument).

These aren't definitions I'm pulling out my ass.. These are wiki or dictionary.com definitions that I am apply to this exactly how they say.

Quote:You say I'm only calling you out because of some 'white guilt'. If you say something racist about an Indian, is an Indian the only one who can call it out? Can another minority? Is it only white people that are incapable of pointing out racism because of their 'white guilt'?

You can do whatever you want, you're white afterall.

But to claim you don't have some form of white guilt can only than lead me to the conclusion that you live in your own little lala land world.
Take the pulling the race card thread for example, mainly the OP.
You said that white people claiming to be discriminated against is absurd.
Like somehow it was absolutely impossible for a minority to be racist, like it was the most far out thing that Jesus springing up and giving you a high five had a higher probability of occurring.
This is standing on a hill screaming at the top of your lunges white guilt.

And if none of it is white guilt than it's pure stupidity.

This is what you said:
"We are easily the most privileged group here."

No, we're really not. Look at the organizations, look at the scholarships etc..
Sure, white people are generally better off in the sense that a random sample of 1000 people, the white people are likely going to be wealthier.
BUT what does that mean for poor white folk? How does a bunch of rich folk help a bunch of poor white folk simply based on the fact that they're both white? It doesn't.
The fact is there are more organizations out their targeting poor black people (as opposed to poor white people), there are a lot more scholarships for poor black/black folk.
So to say that white folk are the most privileged is absolutely absurd. Like I've said many times, poor is poor, it doesn't matter if you're white black or a flying purple hippo.

If I remember correctly I wasn't alone with this assessment.

You're out of touch with reality TBD and I think it's white guilt but if you say it's not than it must be just stupidity.

Quote:Muffs, you might want to take a look here. It's called aversive racism, which I'm pretty sure you are doing, even in your one of your latest posts on here. :/

Highlighted point:

Quote:People who behave in an aversively racial way may profess egalitarian beliefs, and will often deny their racially motivated behavior; nevertheless they change their behavior when dealing with a member of a minority group.

I can understand why you don't identify as being a racist now, but I hope this link opens your eyes.

Not really.
ie: The Indian hairy arm thing. I'm not avoiding ordering subway when their on because their Indian, I'm avoiding ordering subway when their own because they have hairy arms. If it was some hairy white guy I wouldn't order there either.
I interact with Indians all the time, when I get gas for example and the grocery store employs a few as well. At the grocery store I go to whatever counter is available, Indian, white guy or flying purple hippo (there's not actually a flying purple hippo that works there).

Quote:Not claiming he is a member of the KKK or anything,

Coulda fooled me.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2013, 07:23 AM
(18-09-2013 06:32 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Joking about it isn't an excuse though.

Okay, I wasn't going to jump in on this, but I guess I must once again defend comedy against people who are butthurt. Either everything is okay to joke about or nothing is. You can't put restrictions in place on something like comedy. I don't particularly care about the subject of muff's supposed "racism", but I don't agree with what you said. No one gets to decide what is appropriate or not. To me, it is all about intent.

It seems that lots of people like to be offended by comedy. People are always quick to say "that offends me" as if they didn't know that the cunt on stage telling jokes was only joking. In my opinion, this bit doesn't really relate to muffs, but you said joking about it isn't an excuse... I think in some situations it is.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
18-09-2013, 08:03 AM
(18-09-2013 07:23 AM)frankiej Wrote:  
(18-09-2013 06:32 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Joking about it isn't an excuse though.

Okay, I wasn't going to jump in on this, but I guess I must once again defend comedy against people who are butthurt. Either everything is okay to joke about or nothing is. You can't put restrictions in place on something like comedy. I don't particularly care about the subject of muff's supposed "racism", but I don't agree with what you said. No one gets to decide what is appropriate or not. To me, it is all about intent.

It seems that lots of people like to be offended by comedy. People are always quick to say "that offends me" as if they didn't know that the cunt on stage telling jokes was only joking. In my opinion, this bit doesn't really relate to muffs, but you said joking about it isn't an excuse... I think in some situations it is.

A racist joke is still a racist joke. That doesn't mean it can't be funny, but don't pretend that it is an innocent thing either.

I don't care about the notions of offense. I don't care particularly when people take offense to things. Muffs racist comments are related to actual racism. I'm not criticizing his jokes. It was however suggested that maybe everything muffs has said is a joke. If so, then his seriousness is indistinguishable from his humor and he paints it over with sarcasm. As such, Muffs the racist vs Muffs the comedian are perceived as the same thing.

Long story short, if sarcasm (or humor) is your tool for being serious, you need a new strategy because it is an ineffective method of communication.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
18-09-2013, 08:07 AM
(18-09-2013 07:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:I gave you exactly what you asked for.

No you didn't.
You failed to point out where I'm spamming the forum with a negative attitude towards Woof. You only pointed out threads HE made and a couple posts that date back to when the original thread was a thing.
You implied I dragged this everywhere and yet how many of my posts did you have to read to find a couple lines here and there buried in a longer posts about other things?

You're absolutely wrong about me dragging this all over the place.

Quote:You can continue to try and justify your racist comments by either trying to qualify them in some sort of context you think makes them non-racist (kind of like a theist screaming 'context' when you mention things in the bible) or you can continue to try and use a definition of 'racist' that makes you immune to criticism of your comments (like a theist changing definitions or using an obscure one without making that known in order to claim victory in an argument).

These aren't definitions I'm pulling out my ass.. These are wiki or dictionary.com definitions that I am apply to this exactly how they say.

Quote:You say I'm only calling you out because of some 'white guilt'. If you say something racist about an Indian, is an Indian the only one who can call it out? Can another minority? Is it only white people that are incapable of pointing out racism because of their 'white guilt'?

You can do whatever you want, you're white afterall.

But to claim you don't have some form of white guilt can only than lead me to the conclusion that you live in your own little lala land world.
Take the pulling the race card thread for example, mainly the OP.
You said that white people claiming to be discriminated against is absurd.
Like somehow it was absolutely impossible for a minority to be racist, like it was the most far out thing that Jesus springing up and giving you a high five had a higher probability of occurring.
This is standing on a hill screaming at the top of your lunges white guilt.

And if none of it is white guilt than it's pure stupidity.

This is what you said:
"We are easily the most privileged group here."

No, we're really not. Look at the organizations, look at the scholarships etc..
Sure, white people are generally better off in the sense that a random sample of 1000 people, the white people are likely going to be wealthier.
BUT what does that mean for poor white folk? How does a bunch of rich folk help a bunch of poor white folk simply based on the fact that they're both white? It doesn't.
The fact is there are more organizations out their targeting poor black people (as opposed to poor white people), there are a lot more scholarships for poor black/black folk.
So to say that white folk are the most privileged is absolutely absurd. Like I've said many times, poor is poor, it doesn't matter if you're white black or a flying purple hippo.

If I remember correctly I wasn't alone with this assessment.

You're out of touch with reality TBD and I think it's white guilt but if you say it's not than it must be just stupidity.

Quote:Muffs, you might want to take a look here. It's called aversive racism, which I'm pretty sure you are doing, even in your one of your latest posts on here. :/

Highlighted point:

Quote:People who behave in an aversively racial way may profess egalitarian beliefs, and will often deny their racially motivated behavior; nevertheless they change their behavior when dealing with a member of a minority group.

I can understand why you don't identify as being a racist now, but I hope this link opens your eyes.

Not really.
ie: The Indian hairy arm thing. I'm not avoiding ordering subway when their on because their Indian, I'm avoiding ordering subway when their own because they have hairy arms. If it was some hairy white guy I wouldn't order there either.
I interact with Indians all the time, when I get gas for example and the grocery store employs a few as well. At the grocery store I go to whatever counter is available, Indian, white guy or flying purple hippo (there's not actually a flying purple hippo that works there).

Quote:Not claiming he is a member of the KKK or anything,

Coulda fooled me.

You clearly think very highly of yourself, and certainly don't like the idea of being called a racist.

This is the entire point I am trying to make. Unless you are okay with being a racist, knock-off the immature tactics of calling other people "homophobes" and such.

Your ad hominems may be funny to some at times, but it's immature and counterproductive. It provides no actual usefulness in debate.

(Also, I don't ever remember saying you spam the forum with it, just that you take it into multiple threads. Stop putting words in my mouth. Also, that admission that you have done it to other people but that was a long time ago is a complete lie. The last time I am aware of was about a month ago. That's not a long time ago mate)

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
18-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Can we just all stop the BS fest?

Muff, cut it off with the homophobe shit, Woof ain't so offensive nor is he that relevant for you to keep picking on him. He said he changed his mind and that is enough, you don't deserve him to beg for your forgiveness. And you don't have to like him, but you do owe this forum some minimum respect, and changing the rep and fuelling this shit storm every now and then is disrespectful for all of us.

TBD, I get your point, but you're taking it too far, muffs is as racist as anyone else, he's not particularly aggressive or dangerous with his views so we can cut him some slack. He's being obnoxious, but that doesn't mean we can do the same.

Now cut the crap! Censored

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 3 users Like nach_in's post
18-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Re: Who knew the resident homophobe was such a badass...
It's not a matter of whether or not you get, but if he does.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
18-09-2013, 02:06 PM
(18-09-2013 01:59 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It's not a matter of whether or not you get, but if he does.

he does, he's just too stubborn. Let him be, he'll understand it eventually or he'll rise to become the Hitler of Oceania, either way, keeping the shit train rolling is not productive in any way...

18-09-2013, 02:12 PM
(18-09-2013 02:06 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(18-09-2013 01:59 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It's not a matter of whether or not you get, but if he does.

he does, he's just too stubborn. Let him be, he'll understand it eventually or he'll rise to become the Hitler of Oceania, either way, keeping the shit train rolling is not productive in any way...

I disagree. I think it shows his true colors to any and all who dare to peer in.

I hope he does understand and I hope you are correct that he is just too stubborn to admit it. If so, this too shows the level of immaturity he is still at.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
18-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Quote:You clearly think very highly of yourself

I thought this was a well established fact?

Quote:and certainly don't like the idea of being called a racist.

I really don't care what you call me, I just think you're wrong.

Quote:This is the entire point I am trying to make. Unless you are okay with being a racist, knock-off the immature tactics of calling other people "homophobes" and such.

So... what you're saying is I can't make racist remarks if I don't wanna be called out as a racist BUT if someone wants to make homophobic remarks it's okay because we shouldn't call them out as a homophobe?

Quote:Your ad hominems may be funny to some at times, but it's immature and counterproductive. It provides no actual usefulness in debate.

WHAT DEBATE! This is a thread with a video of a man kicking a snake in the face...

Quote: That's not a long time ago mate

It was like one time a month ago.. My point is the majority of it was ages ago.
One time a month ago is hardly enough to consider it dragging all over the place kicking and screaming.

Quote:He said he changed his mind

No he didn't...

Quote:and changing the rep and fuelling this shit storm every now and then is disrespectful for all of us.

No it's really not.

Quote:he'll rise to become the Hitler of Oceania

It'd be America or Europe, I have no intention of staying here.
And I think a fairer comparison would be Napoleon, me and Hitler have so little in common. Fascism? yuck.

Quote:I disagree. I think it shows his true colors to any and all who dare to peer in.

The ranting thread's been doing that for ages son.

Quote: If so, this too shows the level of immaturity he is still at.

Maturity is so overrated.
Life's too long to walk around with a carrot stuck up your ass 24/7.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
19-09-2013, 09:01 AM
lol???