Who lives in the coldest place today?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2014, 11:10 AM
Who lives in the coldest place today?
It's -40C today with the windchill. Some of you I'm sure are enjoying southern weather but is anyone in Siberia or something. It'd be nice to know if someone is suffering with me. Or suffering worse. Smile
Fuckin Alberta...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: Who lives in the coldest place today?
(30-11-2014 11:10 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  It's -40C today with the windchill. Some of you I'm sure are enjoying southern weather but is anyone in Siberia or something. It'd be nice to know if someone is suffering with me. Or suffering worse. Smile
Fuckin Alberta...

It got down to -32° F windchill when I was in basic training at Ft. Leonard Wood, Misouri here in the US. We had to spend the day in it as we had just come back from the field and were forced to wash vehicles when a winter storm hit. The water froze the instant that it hit the air. Needless to say, I don't ever want to relive this experience.

The coldest place on Earth still inhabited by humans is Oymyakon, Siberia. It gets down to -96° F (-71° C). FUCK. THAT.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2014, 11:37 AM
It's full name is Oymyakon Back, Siberia.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
30-11-2014, 12:02 PM
I live in Texas, and it's in the 70's here... though a few days ago it was about 20 degrees colder. Silly Texas.
30-11-2014, 12:09 PM
Gotta love north Texas - a couple weeks ago we were freezing our butts off, this weekend it's near 80 degrees - course that will change. Tomorrow night it's supposed to get down to 32 again.

I lived in that sub-zero crap growing up in Iowa - that's why I don't live there any more.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
30-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Today, I'm at my family farm in ventral Kansas and it's 22 degrees with a windchill of 4 degrees. Oh, did I mention i just spent the morning cutting down trees? In 25 miles per hour wond gusts. My ass is numb. I AM A NUMB ASS! Blink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-11-2014, 03:15 PM
(30-11-2014 11:10 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  It's -40C today with the windchill. Some of you I'm sure are enjoying southern weather but is anyone in Siberia or something. It'd be nice to know if someone is suffering with me. Or suffering worse. Smile
Fuckin Alberta...

Yeah I'm in Red Deer

Fuckin Alberta ....

But wait 5 minutes, it will change.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
30-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Calgary Alberta here, I've been shoveling snow since 5am and I've had just a long sleeve shirt and jeans since about 11.

Alberta is fuckin' odd.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
30-11-2014, 03:19 PM
(30-11-2014 03:15 PM)Free Wrote:  
Fuckin Alberta...

Yeah I'm in Red Deer

Fuckin Alberta ....

But wait 5 minutes, it will change.

I'll be dead by then! Smile
30-11-2014, 03:23 PM
(30-11-2014 03:19 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Calgary Alberta here, I've been shoveling snow since 5am and I've had just a long sleeve shirt and jeans since about 11.

Alberta is fuckin' odd.

Yes it is but I don't think I'll ever leave. As much as I hate the weather it's an awesome province. Newfoundland may hold a special place in my heart but Alberta is by far my favourite place in the country.