Who packs more batshit? Glenn Beck or Alex Jones

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2013, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 06:50 AM by Hafnof.)
RE: Who packs more batshit? Glenn Beck or Alex Jones
I first saw this video on facebook. From an Alex Jones supporter. From a guy who thinks Alex's performance was near perfect. I quote:

Him: Jones gave it to him...bad brains kill. Knives, fists, guns, nukes are triggered by brains. It's true without defences, a Nation is bust. Love it or hate it. I too would be forced to defend my Family with any means necessary if adversary came uninvited in the middle of the night...so may God help us all
Me: Alex is a genuine crazy person.
Him: suicides due to depression due to side effects that the 'medicines' cause, due to big $ that big pharmaceuticals make outnumber all other causes combined. I too am tired of factoids
Another Alex supporter: Wow, I watched that encounter (it can't be called an interview) today. I don't think anyone at CNN, with their carefully-scripted agenda, was expecting that!
Him: Bad karma (if there's such a thing) coming back to Piers.. for being cruel with people in public, before, other shows etc. Piers had it coming & if Jones lobbies hard.. who knows? I say would-be-gun-owners should be allowed but registered and that's it

My comment involved a lot of writing and deleting, and is I know ad hominem but I was looking to draw him out and let him state an opinion that could be clearly argued for or against. I figured it was best to walk away after the later comments.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2013, 07:52 AM
TheAmazingAtheist's take:

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
11-01-2013, 09:27 AM
In case your wondering 'Murica, this is why the world hates you, not because of your intervention policies.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
11-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Alex Jones is such a Douche Canoe.
13-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Even though I agree with what this guy is trying to say he needs to calm the fuck down. Cut out the caffeine or something. Damn, five minutes was giving me a headache. I'll stick to listening to Glenn.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
15-01-2013, 06:18 PM
While I believe assault weapons should be banned, Piers was unfair in his stats of 11000:38 when the disparity in overall homicide is about 4:1 . Definitely higher in the USA but not such a huge difference.
16-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Sandman,

The most recent year stats on Wikipedia[1] are:
US - 4.8 per 100k - 14748 total
UK - 1.2 per 100k - 722 total

Population adjusted the multiplier is 4:1 as you say. So probably only three out of every four (3.6 per 100k - 11061 total per year) homicides could be prevented by lower gun availability and better social cohesion.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cou...icide_rate

16-01-2013, 09:30 PM
(15-01-2013 06:18 PM)sandman Wrote:  While I believe assault weapons should be banned, Piers was unfair in his stats of 11000:38 when the disparity in overall homicide is about 4:1 . Definitely higher in the USA but not such a huge difference.
Define "assault weapon", please.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Glenn Beck may be human after all! BrokenQuill92 7 281 10-01-2014 06:01 PM
Last Post: The Germans are coming
  Glenn Beck is back with his chalkboard and with a lot less crazy Buddy Christ 30 1,227 04-01-2013 12:41 AM
Last Post: Logica Humano
  Glenn Beck New Year Message cfhmagnet 11 1,094 14-01-2011 12:05 PM
Last Post: Dbutz