Who's Your Daddy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: Who's Your Daddy?
(07-06-2013 06:59 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm watching a movie where the protagonist is not religious, but he strikes up a friendship with a small town priest. The character addresses him as "Father". It set me to wunderin.

If you were to converse with a Padre, how would you godless heathens address him? Who amongst the unwashed TTA brethren would have an issue calling a man who is not your dad, "Father?" Or is it simply not an issue?

Ready.

Set.

Go!

This is so funny because I was thinking about something like this the other day, Erxy Big Grin

I think it's weird to call someone "father." I also find it difficult calling things by their usually accepted names. (What the majority calls them/it.) Part of it is because I hate to conform in even the slightest and innocent of ways. I had my first Starbucks coffee at the age of 20 and that's only because someone bought it for me and it's in my place of employment. Anyway, they call their drink sizes strange names. ("Tall" is actually a small drink, for anyone who doesn't know.) Anytime I go there, I ALWAYS "rebel" and ask for a small [whatever drink I feel like spending an obscene amount of cash on]. The cashier will correct me and I'll continue to say, "Yeah. The smallest cup, please."

I wouldn't call a dude "father." I couldn't. It seems too... formal. I don't even call my own dad "father."

I also call my grampa "dude" on occasion just to get a smile from him. (Pretty sure I am the only one who can get away with that.) So I would probably call said holy man something like, "Hey, you" or "that guy." Actually, I tend to call lots of people "that guy." Yes. It would be one of those two names or I'd do the ole "Ashley custom" and smile and nod and not say anything.

Drinking Beverage

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post