Poll: Your Favorite Solo Beatle
John Lennon
Paul McCartney
George Harrison
Ringo Starr
[Show Results]

Who's Your Favorite Post-Beatles Beatle?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2016, 10:34 AM
Who's Your Favorite Post-Beatles Beatle?
Speaking only of the post-Beatles solo work and discounting for now their respective contributions within the band, which Beatle's solo stuff do you like the best?

Personally I'm a George Harrison man through and through. I think John Lennon's "Imagine" may be the best post-Beatle SONG, but there's not a single solo Lennon album I can listen to start to finish. I quickly tire of being lectured by a millionaire asshole, even if it's well-written. Whereas George's stuff from his solo albums to the Traveling Wilburys is simply awesome.

And Paul, while he may well have been the most "important" or even "best" Beatle in many ways, I just can't choke down the Wings stuff, or his dalliances with Michael Jackson, etc. Though his last few solo efforts have been pretty damn good.

Having said all that, if I could go out for a night of drinking/partying with one of them it would be Ringo, hands down.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post
14-10-2016, 11:46 AM
RE: Who's Your Favorite Post-Beatles Beatle?
We may never know what else John had in his bag. Imagine is defiantly one of my favorite songs. Even in the beatles i always seem to go more for his try of song. Paul's usually were goofy, Rocky Raccoon, Maxwell silver hammer, Yellow Submarine. All very fun, and not to say Lennon didn't make some trippy songs. Lennons songs had layers, with double meanings. But part of the reason that made the Beatles so great is John and Paul where constantly trying to one up each other, while collaborating.

All of them are legendary. And as much love as I have for Lennon I would have to say Paul captured a lot of Americana after they broke up.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
14-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Pete Best.

Angel

14-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Ringo Starr is forever my 4th favorite Beatle. All the others move around, like right now, I've been lisitening to a lot of Harrison so he's my favorite...

But a few weeks ago, I would have answered differently.

But Ringo is forever my fourth. Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

14-10-2016, 12:37 PM
1. Paul
2. John
3. George
4.Ringo
14-10-2016, 01:17 PM
Dung beetle....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-10-2016, 02:10 PM
Working class hero

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-10-2016, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2016 02:18 PM by pablo.)
(14-10-2016 01:17 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Dung beetle....

14-10-2016, 02:33 PM
I voted for John Lennon. He was always my favorite Beatle, both before and after they broke up.

Ringo was a good drummer and had real acting talent, but he was a mediocre singer and no writer at all, and all of his solo albums are disposable.

George was also a mediocre singer, but he did write some good songs. He made one great solo album (All Things Must Pass, which might be the best solo album by any of them) and a bunch of disposable ones after that.

It's harder to choose between Lennon and McCartney. They were two of the best singers, and two of the best songwriters, in the history of pop music, and it's hard to find a bad song among their Beatles stuff. After the breakup, they were both erratic, making some great songs and albums and some real stinkers. McCartney has made more good music than Lennon since the breakup, but he's also had a lot more time. I think Lennon's first "real" solo album (John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band) beats any of McCartney's, although Band on the Run and Venus and Mars were both damn good. McCartney's crap (Wings Wild Life -- ugh) is worse than Lennon's crap (Some Time in New York City at least had a few decent songs). Overall, Lennon remains my favorite.
15-10-2016, 01:35 AM