Who's calling the shots?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2017, 12:25 PM
Who's calling the shots?
I've heard it's Pence, and I've heard it's Bannon, and I've heard it's Putin. Really, this is getting confusing, now. My theory is: no one's calling the shots because this administration doesn't know what they're fucking doing.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
16-05-2017, 12:39 PM
RE: Who's calling the shots?
It's Trump at the sharp end. Whoever's not afraid to use their influence and feeds him info is attempting to control him, but he's such a loose cannon they're even finding it hard.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
18-05-2017, 07:52 AM
Trump is calling the shots, but most of his staff wishes he weren't.

Trump is naive, impulsive, vain and highly influenceable ... but not with any reliability.
18-05-2017, 08:15 AM
[Image: a0ca33bf9701793e08b270eae7c50bee.jpg]
18-05-2017, 08:20 AM
(18-05-2017 07:52 AM)mordant Wrote:  Trump is naive, impulsive, vain and highly influenceable ... but not with any reliability.

I wouldn't say there's a lack of ANY reliability. When you place a lit stick of dynamite in a building the MOST reliable outcome is what will sustain the greatest damage: the dynamite.
18-05-2017, 08:56 AM
Everyone who rubs him the right way, but only until the next flatterer walks into the room.

His sole ideology is what's in it for him, so he has nothing to center whatever limited critical thinking ability he may have. He therefore winds up spouting whatever the last person he likes told him, even when it undercuts his administration's agenda, because he doesn't understand there's a contradiction.

I wouldn't be surprised if Putin and Bannon have each inserted hot young women onto the WH staff to reinforce their talking points. ('Cause you know Melania has cut him off) "Oh, my, Mr. President, your hands are enormous! I'd love to feel them all over my body...if only I wasn't so worried about those sanctions on Russia!"
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
18-05-2017, 09:08 AM
(18-05-2017 08:56 AM)julep Wrote:  Everyone who rubs him the right way, but only until the next flatterer walks into the room.

His sole ideology is what's in it for him, so he has nothing to center whatever limited critical thinking ability he may have. He therefore winds up spouting whatever the last person he likes told him, even when it undercuts his administration's agenda, because he doesn't understand there's a contradiction.

I wouldn't be surprised if Putin and Bannon have each inserted hot young women onto the WH staff to reinforce their talking points. ('Cause you know Melania has cut him off) "Oh, my, Mr. President, your hands are enormous! I'd love to feel them all over my body...if only I wasn't so worried about those sanctions on Russia!"

Apparently the security briefings he gets each day have his name inserted into them as many times as possible so he will read the entire thing. If he thinks he will read something about himself he keeps looking at it if not his attention wanders. Fuck what has this country come to?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
18-05-2017, 09:21 AM
(18-05-2017 09:08 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Apparently the security briefings he gets each day have his name inserted into them as many times as possible so he will read the entire thing. If he thinks he will read something about himself he keeps looking at it if not his attention wanders. Fuck what has this country come to?

And this from February:
Quote:The key to keeping Trump’s Twitter habit under control, according to six former campaign officials, is to ensure that his personal media consumption includes a steady stream of praise. And when no such praise was to be found, staff would turn to friendly outlets to drum some up — and make sure it made its way to Trump’s desk.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/tr...fer-235263

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post