Who's doctor Who?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2012, 02:46 PM
RE: Who's doctor Who?
Dinosaurs ahead, a lady at my side, about to be blown up ... not sure I've ever been happier. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Is it just me or do the episodes seem a bit...one dimensional. So far, there doesn't seem to be any overarching theme to the series, although, perhaps when the new companion comes in during the Christmas Special, a theme will be introduced. Thinking back on the last two seasons with Matt Smith, I would have to say that those two are my favourites of the new series. Everything has a dark sort of tone to it, which I love. I had high hopes for episode three, and now I'm thinking that episode one is the best of this season. Confused I'm a bit worried that if things continue in this direction they'll end up cancelling it. Although it's probably BBC's biggest money maker at the moment, so they would probably let it decline quite a lot before axing it.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-09-2012, 10:06 PM
(16-09-2012 09:29 PM)Near Wrote:  Is it just me or do the episodes seem a bit...one dimensional. So far, there doesn't seem to be any overarching theme to the series, although, perhaps when the new companion comes in during the Christmas Special, a theme will be introduced. Thinking back on the last two seasons with Matt Smith, I would have to say that those two are my favourites of the new series. Everything has a dark sort of tone to it, which I love. I had high hopes for episode three, and now I'm thinking that episode one is the best of this season. Confused I'm a bit worried that if things continue in this direction they'll end up cancelling it. Although it's probably BBC's biggest money maker at the moment, so they would probably let it decline quite a lot before axing it.

Don't worry, one thing I noticed about Doctor who is that the overarching plot isn't always evident at first, they have this way to conceal it until the season is quite advanced, have confidence in the writers Wink

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
17-09-2012, 12:17 AM
(16-09-2012 10:06 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 09:29 PM)Near Wrote:  Confused I'm a bit worried that if things continue in this direction they'll end up cancelling it. Although it's probably BBC's biggest money maker at the moment, so they would probably let it decline quite a lot before axing it.
Don't worry, one thing I noticed about Doctor who is that the overarching plot isn't always evident at first, they have this way to conceal it until the season is quite advanced, have confidence in the writers Wink

Cancel Dr Who? Blink I don't think that would happen.

I mean, they could cancel it but ... they've had pretty crappy shows - entire crappy seasons - and they haven't cancelled it yet.

2013 will be it's 50th year on television. If television doesn't want it anymore, it will just start broadcasting on the internet. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
17-09-2012, 02:23 PM
I just noticed yesterday when watching an older episode (pre knowledge of River Song story arc things I believe, or at least big things), that the TARDIS as a woman sent a telepathic message of "in the woods they only have a river" and said it was important. Hearing it the first time I was like "whatever", heaing it now I was like "I cannot believe I missed that". So who knows what they're doing.
17-09-2012, 03:03 PM
They put clues all through the series for what would happen in the finale.

Does anyone have any theory's to what this seasons finale will be?

This is mines.

For several seasons, the genocides and all the deaths he has caused/failed to prevent have been clearly getting to him. It has been affecting how he acts, it shows up now and again. just like in the last show (the cowboy cyborg one). So i suspect they will do something with that.
I think it'll come back to haunt him in a big way, in either this season or a future season.

Another thing, The Doctor has been wiped from all records, giving him a fresh start. But in doing so, Making the Daleks even more dangerous. The greatest advantage over them he had was that they feared him, He is the one that defeats them at every turn, He caused the supernova that scorched their home world skaro, He was known as "The Oncoming Storm" of Dalek legend.

With his name erased from all records, his name and presence is no longer a deterrent to the Daleks, and his other enemies.

I think the ending will have something to do with the Daleks, and the way he will defeat them will give him an even more terrifying reputation amongst his enemies. One that will weigh even more heavily on him than his old reputation.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
23-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Professor Brian Cox cameo on this weeks episode. I approve!

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Near's post
29-09-2012, 01:37 PM
So there was something that bugged me about tonight's episode.
after Rory and Amy both get sent back in time. The doctor says he can't go back to newyork in 1938 to get them, because of time distortions or something like that.

But there was nothing stopping him From going back to 1938 and landing somewhere outside newyork and either travelling in to newyork and bringing them back to the TARDIS or getting them to meet him somewhere and then taking them back to their own time.

29-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Who's doctor Who?
It's not tonight yet. Censored

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
29-09-2012, 01:42 PM
(29-09-2012 01:38 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It's not tonight yet. Censored

It is tonight, I'm speaking to you from the future.