Who's doctor Who?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Who's doctor Who?
(29-09-2012 01:42 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(29-09-2012 01:38 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It's not tonight yet. Censored

It is tonight, I'm speaking to you from the future.

Oh My Gee! You have a TARDIS!

(I love that my iPhone auto-corrected to make it all caps!)

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-10-2012, 07:17 AM
RE: Who's doctor Who?
(29-09-2012 01:37 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
after Rory and Amy both get sent back in time. The doctor says he can't go back to newyork in 1938 to get them, because of time distortions or something like that.

But there was nothing stopping him From going back to 1938 and landing somewhere outside newyork and either travelling in to newyork and bringing them back to the TARDIS or getting them to meet him somewhere and then taking them back to their own time.

I was thinking that as well. Over all it was a good episode, more like what I was expecting/hoping for with the new series. There was one thing that bugged me about the ending though. For some reason, it seemed way worse to me that they ended up living in the past. I was prepared for their departure, but I kind of hoped for them to still be out there somewhere, living mellow lives. Still overall, I quite liked it, the new angels were very interesting, and I found myself very freaked out right off the bad. Thumbsup Also, it's New York, although when we say it we usually run it all together.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Near's post
01-10-2012, 10:42 AM
(01-10-2012 07:17 AM)Near Wrote:  
(29-09-2012 01:37 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
after Rory and Amy both get sent back in time. The doctor says he can't go back to newyork in 1938 to get them, because of time distortions or something like that.

But there was nothing stopping him From going back to 1938 and landing somewhere outside newyork and either travelling in to newyork and bringing them back to the TARDIS or getting them to meet him somewhere and then taking them back to their own time.

I was thinking that as well. Over all it was a good episode, more like what I was expecting/hoping for with the new series. There was one thing that bugged me about the ending though. For some reason, it seemed way worse to me that they ended up living in the past. I was prepared for their departure, but I kind of hoped for them to still be out there somewhere, living mellow lives. Still overall, I quite liked it, the new angels were very interesting, and I found myself very freaked out right off the bad. Thumbsup Also, it's New York, although when we say it we usually run it all together.

They created a fixed point in time, it can't be changed in any way, unless you destroy the whole universe and reset it... or if you're the Bad Wolf.

The relationship was too strong, there was no other way they could end it

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
01-10-2012, 11:41 AM
(01-10-2012 10:42 AM)nach_in Wrote:  They created a fixed point in time, it can't be changed in any way, unless you destroy the whole universe and reset it... or if you're the Bad Wolf.

Ah but the fixed point was them being sent to the past. Which happened, but because that fixed point was only about them being sent to the past, it doesn't mean they need to stay there.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
01-10-2012, 03:42 PM
(01-10-2012 11:41 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 10:42 AM)nach_in Wrote:  They created a fixed point in time, it can't be changed in any way, unless you destroy the whole universe and reset it... or if you're the Bad Wolf.

Ah but the fixed point was them being sent to the past. Which happened, but because that fixed point was only about them being sent to the past, it doesn't mean they need to stay there.

Yes, because the Doctor saw the graves, and the epilogue of the book, I think... Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey...Stuff Huh

Did anyone else noticed the double meaning of using spoiler tags in a Doctor Who thread? Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
01-10-2012, 08:38 PM
For the first time in Dr. Who, I almost wonder if the whole "can't go back" was just a way of saying "they aren't coming back"--because River could go back there and do things (i.e. the book ending), so he could go back to see them (and in other episodes more than one can use her time travel device). So yeah, either they're planning on something big in the "far-future", or it was just them saying "look they're gone, get over it, we're not bringing them back" and put in a flimsy story as to why.
01-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Hated the new Doctor Who Episode. I like the Angels staying ANGELS. And that shit with the Statue of Liberty made me go like: Dodgy. Plus, I literally have made a new Doctor up in my head that is a billion times better than this current one.

Now... If only I can acquire the rights to the show... Then I will give you the Doctor, the story, the aliens, and the deep themes and familiarity of the show that you deserve.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
04-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Who's doctor Who?
(01-10-2012 03:42 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 11:41 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  

Yes, because the Doctor saw the graves, and the epilogue of the book, I think... Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey...Stuff Huh

Did anyone else noticed the double meaning of using spoiler tags in a Doctor Who thread? Tongue

No

But now, yes.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
04-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Who's doctor Who?
I hate the angel episodes. They give me the creeps for reals.

~Izel
04-10-2012, 09:25 PM
(04-10-2012 09:22 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I hate the angel episodes. They give me the creeps for reals.

I loved them! They had such mystique! Infact my first chapter in my story is going to be about them!

Now... I only need to talk to Huggsie and Hylonome about it and get a solid "Doctor Worthy" Draft.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.