Who's doctor Who?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2012, 08:51 PM
RE: Who's doctor Who?
Time to revive this age old thread. This thread is actually from a time that Observer's English was so bad I thought he was American Big Grin.

So, any of you who have tracked down some episodes and watched them since this thread was last used, what did you think?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2012, 08:59 PM
(08-11-2011 07:27 PM)bemore Wrote:  There is a spin off from the show called Torchwood.........which is an anagram of............Big Grin

I watched the first season of Torchwood without knowing the Dr. Who connection. Now Netflix is always nagging at me to watch almost nothing but Dr. Who series. I just may have to give it a whirl. Since I just finished Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares, it may be a good time for me to try it out since I have a better ear now for hearing how you blokes speak!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-03-2012, 09:49 PM
I like it when the Dr Who characters and the Torchwood characters cross over to each others series.
IMO the new Dr Who is crap compared to previous players.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
06-03-2012, 09:50 PM
(06-03-2012 09:49 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I like it when the Dr Who characters and the Torchwood characters cross over to each others series.

Gotta agree with you there. It's been shite since Steven Moffat took over as head writer.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
06-03-2012, 09:51 PM
(06-03-2012 09:50 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(06-03-2012 09:49 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I like it when the Dr Who characters and the Torchwood characters cross over to each others series.

Gotta agree with you there. It's been shite since Steven Moffat took over as head writer.

I really hope they change it Smile

06-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Love the show. But I love the British Shameless best. NOT the crap on Showtime. Frank Gallager is so great. What a father. Reminds me of my father. sorry for the topic change. I do like Dr. Who.
06-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Ok, I'm 16 minutes into the 1st epi of 2005.

If The Doctor is an alien, why does he have an English Accent?

And more importantly, does he ever get to bang Rose? Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-03-2012, 09:59 PM
(06-03-2012 09:56 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Ok, I'm 16 minutes into the 1st epi of 2005.

I'll go first ***looks at Hughsie***

He's a Time Lord (I suppose that's a type of alien and he's english because...just because)

You'll have to keep watching to see if he does or not...Big Grin

Yeh, they were crap answers, I know

[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
06-03-2012, 10:03 PM
(06-03-2012 09:59 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(06-03-2012 09:56 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Ok, I'm 16 minutes into the 1st epi of 2005.

I'll go first ***looks at Hughsie***

He's a Time Lord (I suppose that's a type of alien and he's english because...just because)

Netflix suggests that it will be a 5 star series for me (out of 5 stars). I think I might have solved my issue in not having any tv shows interest me lately, for a long time to come!

Come on, Rora, your answers are always Pure Gold!

06-03-2012, 10:05 PM
(06-03-2012 09:59 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I'll go first ***looks at Hughsie***

Accent gets referred to in Series 1 Episode 5 if memory serves me correctly. Get's referred to on a national level not an international one (by that I mean he gets asked why he has a Northern accent, not a English one).

Best
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post